Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #21
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oxycontin

The Doc. gave me some of the percocet mixed with tylenol and it sure made me loopy. Great stuff.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #22
-MG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor CS View Post
The real kick in the teeth is that I think I will need further surgery, and this Oxycontin didn't do jack squat to alleviate my pain.
As long as you let them know up front, they can probably find another similar-classed drug that will help. My wife went through most of them due to a car accident, and they all were different in their own ways (in terms of effectiveness, and side effects).
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #23
GrtndpwrflOZ
Just call me OZ

First Name: Brian
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
GrtndpwrflOZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor CS View Post
About once a week, I see a TV news story or article in the newspaper about how some junkie robs a pharmacy (or at least tries to) in search of Oxycontin.

In the last year, I've had oral surgery and some other surgeries, and was prescribed Oxycontin as my pain reliever.

In my experience, I don't see why this medicine is addictive.

Also, it sucks as a pain killer. It kind of sort of takes the edge off, but that's about it. Hell, for me, Advil works better.

What are these losers getting addicted to?

If I may ask, are you equating addiction with losers?
Or
Are you equating robbers with losers?
GrtndpwrflOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #24
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I was prescribed OXY's after major shoulder surgery and the mistakenly gave my wife two prescriptions of it instead of one and also gave me percocet. I loved every minute of that next 6 weeks although being constantly f'ed up was tough when I had to try to deal with going to doctors and helping the wife out around the house, etc.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #25
MithShrike

I went through an addiction of that crap and would rather go the less than legal route of another smokable than ever touch pain killers again. It's not just a mental addiction but also physical, I happen to be one of those people particularly susceptible to opiate/opioids. Also those can cause rebound pain, especially for patients with migraines or other vascular headaches so it becomes a vicious cycle.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #26
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithShrike View Post
I went through an addiction of that crap and would rather go the less than legal route of another smokable than ever touch pain killers again. It's not just a mental addiction but also physical, I happen to be one of those people particularly susceptible to opiate/opioids. Also those can cause rebound pain, especially for patients with migraines or other vascular headaches so it becomes a vicious cycle.
I love me the smokeables too!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #27
bookman

I'm addicted to makin sweet, sweet love to my ol lady! And i dont need no perscription for that!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #28
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Never tried them or had the need to try them (luckily), but would like to try a few to see what the hype is about. Those who are addicted as you mention will be addicted on one thing or another. It's not so much that drug, as it is themselves. The drug is the vehicle of thier destructive ways. I know a few who have fell in a bad way to Oxy.

We certainly are a diverse bunch here.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #29
lightning9191
I think I'm normal...

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (8)
lightning9191 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman View Post
I'm addicted to makin sweet, sweet love to my ol lady! And i dont need no perscription for that!!!
Um...thanx for sharing I think?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #30
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
This is a great convo! Considering Oxycontin is about 2x stronger then morphine at my work you hear lots of patients being "allergic" to non-opiate drugs. They say this just so the doc will order they get oxycontin or some kind of other meds that are opiate based.
That's funny. I had a morphine injection after I herniated a disk a few year ago. I was in lala land for like an hour or two; can only imagine for Oxy would be like then...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #31
Wanger

Regarding the crushability of the tablets...some companies (like the one I work for) are working on technology that would eliminate the ability to crush the tablets to get more drug into their systems faster. Additionally, this technology shows increased resistance to alcohol, as well. I wish I could tell you more about them, but things are on the horizon that will be used in conjunction with medications like this.

That being said, I hate working with these active ingredients. First, there is the two person rule whenever you have them out (as they are all controlled substances) and then there is the increased attention to getting dosed wth it. If the material is a fine and light, then we wear masks, so as not to get dosed by inhalation. I got dosed with a controlled substance one time like that (the active ingredient in an anti anxiety med) and slept for like 13 hours. LOL VERY relaxed.

I haven't taken basically any meds like these, thankfully, so the only experience I can give is what I know about through the media and work.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #32
kayak_rat
Cyclonic Bastard

First Name: Zack
Trading: (0)
Trinidad
kayak_rat will become famous soon enough

Interesting input Wanger. The other issue that comes about is the homemade variety. I remember these going around Nw Arkansas when I was a kid. I dont know the actual ingredients, but know it caused alot of problems. Some poeple were getting pretty close to the real stuff while others were getting a mix of different pills. Basically a prescription cocktail. It is very sad.
kayak_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #33
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

is a box pass starting?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #34
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

It is just like any other pain med that over constant use the body/mind need to keep a baseline to function. Also using it with alcohol creates a bigger high for people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
is a box pass starting?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #35
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I haven't taken anything like this for years and am glad. I can promise I would like it so it is best to stay away.

This surely dates me... but the last prescription drug I did and really fell for was the old Rorer 714 'ludes. Now that was a buzz!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #36
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
is a box pass starting?
Oh, Oh, Oh..... Perry is here!

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #37
Genetic Defect
difetosso

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu View Post
Oh, Oh, Oh..... Perry is here!
do we start a new thread?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #38
BC-Axeman

They keep me awake at night and just dull the pain. They also make me constipated. Now the injected morphine they would put in the IV worked great.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #39
Genetic Defect
difetosso

VR

IV morphine does nothing for me
Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #40
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
They keep me awake at night and just dull the pain. They also make me constipated. Now the injected morphine they would put in the IV worked great.
That'd be horrible.... to have to **** so bad it hurts.... but ya can't feel it?

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote