Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
shortstory5

Default Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Toro

I know that this forum is littered with seasoned cigar smokers and probably everyone has had this at one point or another, but I wanted to revisit some old ones that don't really come up much in conversation anymore.

First, I really enjoy evaluating cigars and normally keep it to myself, but as of late I'm more and more inclined to share my thoughts with all of you. Also, since this is fairly new to me, putting up common cigars allows me to get more feedback on my reviews. Another thing is that there might be some newer cigar smokers on the forum that could get a lot from these. On to the review...

Pre-light:
This box-pressed cigar offers up a very nice looking smooth wrapper with no large veins. It has a deep/dark brown color. It smells of sweet leather. Upon cutting it, the cigar has a very easy draw and has a sweet flavor with just a hint of spice.

The Smoke:
In the beginning of the smoke, it is a mild to medium bodied smoke at best. It is creamy with a little pepper and a leathery after taste. The draw is perfect and offering up a lot of smoke. After the first third, the flavor changed a little as it mellowed out and had more of a leather taste and added a little bit of chocolate flavor. As I continued to smoke it, the chocolate flavor took over in the 2nd third. It's pretty mild at this point. Through the rest of the cigar the taste was pretty consistent making the cigar pretty boring for me. I was hoping that it would bold up a little bit at the end, but no luck. It gave off a very soft creamy inviting aroma. The ash was a good bright color, but wasn't pretty nor tight. The burn wasn't the greatest a few issues, but corrected itself quickly.

Final thoughts:
It was a little boring and way to much chocolate for me as I love spicy and peppery flavors. It's hard for me to be completely objective on this one since the flavor just didn't appeal to me. I'd give it a 72 out of 100 trying to fight for those who like those kinds of flavors.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Toro

Good review. I really enjoy these cigars, just don't seem to get around to smoking them much. They are a bit chocolatey but that's one of the reasons I like them. I don't really find them to be mild in body, more of a medium plus in my experience, but definitely lacking in the spice kick.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
AllOGistics

Default Re: Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Toro

Thanks for the review. I have to agree with you. Overall, it is decent, but I found it to fall a little flat.