Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default My favorite... and some other things

Yeah, I caught you looking. You're thinking, "Rev, the what's-your-favorite-cigar" has been done to death."

Yeah, I know, I totally agree. But this is completely different. I hope to challenge you to think about a couple things in this thread. It will also get us to know a bit more about each other.

Answer as many as you'd like, or as few.

1) What is your dream (it'll never happen, but it is nice to dream) situation for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)

2) What is your dream situation (it happens occasionally, just waiting for the next time) for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)

3) What is your favorite place to enjoy a smoke?

4) What is your favorite thing to be doing while enjoying a good cigar?

5) What is your usual pasttime while enjoying a cigar?

6) What is your usual place to enjoy a smoke?

7) Name 3 people (living) w/whome you'd like to enjoy a cigar?

8) Name 5 people from CA w/whom you'd like to herf.

9) Name 3 people (no longer living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a smoke.

10) If we could get all of CA together for a herf, what would be your idea of a great herf (site, activities, drinks, cigars, etc... be as descriptive as you can)?

Have fun with it. I'm cogitating on my answer.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
Old 01-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My favorite... and some other things

1) What is your dream (it'll never happen, but it is nice to dream) situation for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)

Sitting on the deck of my cabin on Island Park reservoir with friend and family. The boats are in their slips, driftboat on the trailer. Everyone has filtered in from a day on the water wakeboarding/surfing, walking/floating the river trying to coax big rainbows to the top.....or just reading a book on the deck enjoying the quiet of the outdoors. The sun is going down, but still light out. A fire going in the outdoor fireplace...and cracking of the wood. Everyone is starting into their evening drinks.....and I'm going to light a AF Don Carlos #2 this evening and tell stories of the day. Great company, great conversation, great environment....

2) What is your dream situation (it happens occasionally, just waiting for the next time) for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)

I really just started smoking cigars, so my ability to answer this question is limited. Probably just my back yard/next door neighbors back yard with friends over. I could say "almost" #1, I am sure that will happen, just not my cabin....but a cabin that I will rent.... /

Back porch

Watching the Little One play, talking with Michelle(wife)....

5) What is your usual pastime while enjoying a cigar?

Watching the Little One play out back/out front....

See above.....

7) Name 3 people (living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a cigar?

Bill Clinton, Fidel Castro, Mark Messier

I'd like to have them all at my cabin I mentioned in #1.....

I'd take my sister 3 times......

10) If we could get all of CA together for a herf, what would be your idea of a great herf (site, activities, drinks, cigars, etc... be as descriptive as you can)?

Resort in Cancun, smoking, a lot, good ones...... Or see #8.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Here's my answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
1) What is your dream (it'll never happen, but it is nice to dream) situation for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)I think on a cruise someplace tropical

2) What is your dream situation (it happens occasionally, just waiting for the next time) for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)On vacation with my dad in Florida

3) What is your favorite place to enjoy a smoke?Front porch

4) What is your favorite thing to be doing while enjoying a good cigar?Read a good book and watch the eagles and osprey

5) What is your usual pasttime while enjoying a cigar?Same as above

6) What is your usual place to enjoy a smoke?same as 3

7) Name 3 people (living) w/whome you'd like to enjoy a cigar?My dad and best friends would be cool but most don't smoke

8) Name 5 people from CA w/whom you'd like to herf.Who ever brings the Ghurkas!

9) Name 3 people (no longer living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a smoke.None, smoking with zombies would just creep me out

10) If we could get all of CA together for a herf, what would be your idea of a great herf (site, activities, drinks, cigars, etc... be as descriptive as you can)?Pin the tail on the Icehog while doing shots!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

I don't think that I can answer all of them completely, but since you have a cool name I'll give it a try!!!!
Todd

My dream is to retire within the next five years (I'm only 33) buy a 50ft sailboat and sail around the islands during part of the winter and enjoy a cigar at every port. I'd try to get a local spirit to drink with the cigar as well.

I'll hold on this one until a further date.

3) What is your favorite place to enjoy a smoke? Depends on the season.
Winter: nice walk out on the ice on a sunny day while walking my dog
Spring/Summer: while camping smoking around the camp fire has always made my day.
Fall: on the Lake Winnipesaukee slowly cruising in the boat looking at the foliage.

Just sitting enjoying it. Unless it's the winter than just walking enjoying it

Don't have a usual one.

Winter: on the ice
Summer/Fall: sitting on my deck

Don't know too many people that smoke but have enjoyed a few with Langod (Jim) other than that none of my friends really smoke

Haven't met most of the people here. Going to my first Herf next month

I'm going to go with: George Burns, Red Auerbach, and Frank Sinatra I think that there'd be some interesting conversation there!!!!!

10) If we could get all of CA together for a herf, what would be your idea of a great herf (site, activities, drinks, cigars, etc... be as descriptive as you can)? Any place that a bunch of friends can get together and have a good time is always good in my books.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Rev...

In the grass of centerfield at Citifeld with Jay-Z

Anytime in the summer evening in my backyard with friends

My backyard

Relaxing with good friends

Shooting the bull

My garage or front yard

Jay-Z, David Wright, Scotti Hill

DPD6030, TripleFFF, SmokinGator, Skywalker, Longknocker, LeoM, BigAsh and you Todd I know it's more than 5.

My grandfather, JFK, my wifes grandfather

On a beach, cool summer breeze blowing, plenty of sticks, good food and cold beverages for all. Relaxing and enjoying each others company.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

1) What is your dream (it'll never happen, but it is nice to dream) situation for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite) Four weeks in Alaska, doing the outdoorsman experience. I seem to recall that there are fish & hunting seasons that kind of overlap. Don't know if I have them all correct, but - fishing for the various salmon & halibut... Hunting caribou, elk, moose, musk ox, polar and/or black bear. And doing so with my grown up sons, while staying at a cabin where the meals are all prepared for us, and it fogs over blue at night from the cigars we are enjoying as we regale one another with the tales of the day.

2) What is your dream situation (it happens occasionally, just waiting for the next time) for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite) The Northwoods Wisconsin herf in the backyard with the grill going and whoever shows up. Sipping on some good rum and just enjoying cigars.

3) What is your favorite place to enjoy a smoke? Wherever the fish are biting, and the place we're relaxing afterword with a fine libation.

4) What is your favorite thing to be doing while enjoying a good cigar? Fishing, or relaxing after the day on the water. Or, around the campfire at the end of the day with family (and if around, friends)

5) What is your usual pasttime while enjoying a cigar? Talking with others who enjoy a smoke.

6) What is your usual place to enjoy a smoke? Back yard (in the summer), ice shack (in the winter)

7) Name 3 people (living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a cigar? Mel Gibson, Chuck Norris, Bill Cosby

9) Name 3 people (no longer living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a smoke. Ulysses S. Grant, John Wayne, GK Chesterton

10) If we could get all of CA together for a herf, what would be your idea of a great herf (site, activities, drinks, cigars, etc... be as descriptive as you can)? A Cuban hotel near a good number of the factories - with daily tours. Good Cuban food and drink. Some fishing for Cuban largemouth (they get very big there). And plenty of time just sitting around chatting and getting to know everybody.
Have fun with it. I'm cogitating on my answer.

Todd

Last edited by RevSmoke; 01-31-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: forgot to put highlighting on a portion of text.
RevSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

I have herfed with a small number already, and I'd like to herf with every single one of them again. And, from the rest, there are many with whom I'd like to herf... But, I'm going to leave this one blank since I didn't give myself a large enough number to list.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
kgraybill
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
kgraybill is on a distinguished road

While Touring Europe on my Motorcycle stoping by the small town pubs to have a stogie with the locals.

Sitting at hunting camp around the fire alone or with company. I am at peace out there either way

In the woods.

Listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Doors and Writing.

Thinking. Usually about what my next box purchase should be.

Back porch

My Father, Sam Elliot, Kevin Costner

???

My Grandfather, My little brother, John Wayne

Sturgis Rally!!!!!!!!!! Campsite full of BOTL/SOTL cookin up differnt vittles, sharing stogies and stories. Anything goes.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
Mr.Erskine
Looking up

First Name: Benjamin
Trading: (1)
Mr.Erskine is on a distinguished road

Cruising down Skyline Drive in a Rolls-Royce Phantom drophead coupe with a Padron 80th anniversary, and my wife in late September, when the leaves are just starting to change but it's warm enough to ride with the top down.

Sitting around a campfire, talking with friends and smoking cigars. It'll happen sooner than later.

On my front porch while I watch the traffic

Talking with a friend. Sharing stories or just shooting the ****.

Watching tourists back up at the green light on Rt. 1 in front of my house. And smiling, knowing I'm at home and they're not.

On the front porch... or a battlefield

Arnold Swartzenegger
My dad
One of my reenacting buddies, his name is Dave

I don't really know anyone yet, so this is yet to be decided

General Robert E. Lee
Winston Churchill
Maynard Ferguson

... I don't know. I'll get back to you on this.. sorry.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

A herf with ALL of the Asylum Inmates. How cool would that be?! See last question...

Probably on "The Deck" at BarneyBandMan's house.

Drink single malt scotch or a fine rum and good conversation with friends.

5) What is your usual passtime while enjoying a cigar?

Working/watching a movie on my lap top.

"SmokeyJoe's Herf Haven" (My back porch.)

Arnold Swarzeneggar, Bill Cosby and Michael Jordan

8) Name 5 people from CA w/whom you'd like to herf - that I have NOT already herfed with.

Darrell, Icehog3, TripleF, ahc4353, RevSmoke, massphatness, shilala, DaKlugs, pnoon, PDS (YOU pick 5... LOL)

My Dad... Mark Twain... Charles H. Spurgeon

Shack Herf looks perfect... maybe a Caribbean Cruise Ship with free-flowing Rum and smoking throughout the ship. Could go on for days!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Smoking a 1994 with Jonathan Toews and the Blackhawk's Stanley Cup.

Smoking with all my friends from the Asylum on the pier at the Shack.

See #2.

Sharing the company of other BOTLs and SOTLs.

Either herfing with Inmates, or surfing the Asylum.

My basement smoking sty.

Celebrities? Clint Eastwood, Rodolfo Taboada, Jonathan Toews.

8) Name 50 people from CA w/whom you'd like to herf.

Ones that I have yet to meet?....You, Smokey Joe, Triple F, DPD3060, andysutherland, Fishbeadtwo, ggainey, longknocker, massphatness, newcigarz, SvilleKid, taltos, Tecnorobo, LacsiviousXXX, Cort, cherrybomb, BigFrank, and so many more. And of course, every Inmate I have ever herfed with, again.

Ulysses S. Grant, Abraham Lincoln, My Grandfather.

The Shack on a warm sunny day, 1994s for everyone, a cornhole tournament, and all the liquor we all wanted to drink.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
...a warm sunny day, 1994s for everyone, a cornhole tournament, and all the liquor we all wanted to drink.

good answer!
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
Darrell

I am not much of a dreamer.

I enjoy having drinks and cigars ANYWHERE with the BABOTL.

On my back patio on a summer night.

Watching a movie, chatting with friends, and throwing the ball for my dog.

Same as #4.

My garage or back porch.

Bill Clinton, Colin Powell, and Jay-Z.

SmokeyJoe, Kelmac07, Cort, DPD6030, and Gkitty.

My Grandpa Darrell, Benjamin Franklin, and John J. Pershing.

Drinks, Cigars, Booze on a big cruise ship. Nothing but CA members enjoying the waterslides, casino games, sunshine, and fun.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
cigarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Yeah, I caught you looking. You're thinking, "Rev, the what's-your-favorite-cigar" has been done to death."

1) What is your dream (it'll never happen, but it is nice to dream) situation for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)On my ocean worthy sailboat, cruising the Caribbean, with my wife and a few family members, Pilsner Urquell one hand, Don Tomas Clasico in the other!

2) What is your dream situation (it happens occasionally, just waiting for the next time) for enjoying a cigar? (place, people, drink, whatever it may be that makes it your favorite)A beautiful summer afternoon, on the course with friends or family, and I am under my handicap!

3) What is your favorite place to enjoy a smoke? On our east facing deck on a warm evening in the shade.

4) What is your favorite thing to be doing while enjoying a good cigar? Have a beer, talking with the wife or reading a good book.

5) What is your usual pasttime while enjoying a cigar? Reading or letting my mind wander.

6) What is your usual place to enjoy a smoke? In the summer, the golf course, in the winter, my garage.

7) Name 3 people (living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a cigar?Bill Gates, Bruce Springsteen, Colin Powell

8) Name 5 people from CA w/whom you'd like to herf. Haven't been here long enough to narrow it down. Right now you are all in!

9) Name 3 people (no longer living) w/whom you'd like to enjoy a smoke. My grandfather, Einstein, Lincoln

10) If we could get all of CA together for a herf, what would be your idea of a great herf (site, activities, drinks, cigars, etc... be as descriptive as you can)? I think a cruise would be a blast! Besides the activities on the boat, light up on all the excursions as well. Instead of an ice sculpture in the dining room, you could have a pyramid of Pepin's best selection!

Mike
This thread was a great idea, thanks Todd.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road

1) Smoking a nice cigar at my house in Italy on the porch. (I live in a little village on the mountains.) However, I am in Montreal now

2) Enjoy a smoke in Cuba, since last time I went there I became a Cigar-A-holic for the week.

3) At my friends house, playing cards or pool while having a few drinks and chitchatting.

4) Talking and relaxing at the same time.

5) Talking and relaxing. Hmm... these questions are similar lol.

6) My friends house, in the basement. We talk, play pool or cards, and occasionally look at his Harley's.

7) Barak Obama, Arnold Swartznegger (probably spelled that wrong) and My dad. (I can't convince him to quit cigarettes and have cigars.) Bummer.

8) Don't know too many specific people. As long as your cool, your in!

9) Sigmund Freud, Mark Twain and Winston Churchill.

10) I think a nice cruise would also be cool. We could smoke and sit around and enjoy the weather and time together. Anything works for me.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Bumping this thread... answered all the questions this time.
Anybody else?

A herf with ALL of the Asylum Inmates. How cool would that be?! See last question...

Hanging out at the NMB Condo with BarneyBandMan and the wives for some good smokes on the balcony and fine beverages... enjoying the fabulous view.

Probably on "The Deck" at BarneyBandMan's house or on the Golf Course.

Drink single malt scotch or a fine rum and good conversation with friends.

5) What is your usual passtime while enjoying a cigar?

Working/watching a movie on my lap top.

"SmokeyJoe's Herf Haven" (My back porch.)

Arnold Swarzeneggar, Bill Cosby and Michael Jordan

8) Name 5 people from CA w/whom you'd like to herf - that I have NOT already herfed with.

Darrell, Icehog3, TripleF, ahc4353, RevSmoke, massphatness, shilala, DaKlugs, pnoon, PDS (YOU pick 5... LOL)

My Dad... Winston Churchill... Charles H. Spurgeon

Shack Herf looks perfect... maybe a Caribbean Cruise Ship with free-flowing Rum and smoking throughout the ship. Could go on for days!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #17
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

Reeling in a huge catfish while fishing from a pontoon boat on Lake Marion in SC, while 2 beautiful naked women fan me with with palm leaves, while another beautiful naked woman serves me a mojito by putting the straw up to my mouth while I continue to fight the fish, while another beautiful naked woman stands by to ash my San Cristobal when needed, while King's X plays an acoustic concert.

See above

By the river.

Chatting with friends.

Fishing.

By the creek (crick) at the edge of my yard.

Hank Williams Jr., Shorty Rossi, and The Greaseman

Huskysibe (smoked with him before but it would be great to smoke another with him, Kelmac07, shilala, stitch, kreth, and SmokinGator. It's 6 I know but it was tough to get to 6 LOL

George Burns, Groucho Marx, and Mark Twain.

At the Ayinger brewery in Germany. The finest beers, with the finest folks, smoking the finest cigars. Sounds great to me.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #18
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

I'm looking forward to my first Cuban Cohiba, smoked on the deck of my new yacht while sailing the beautiful waters of the Caribbean with my wife and a couple of close friends. This will happen when I win the lottery.

Hanging out with my wife after successfully installing, training, and leaving a new customer; that's about 2 months of planning and 2 weeks of travel and hard work. My wife by my side, a good cigar, a couple of Maker's on the rocks, Pink Floyd on the stereo - that's a relaxing celebration.

Anywhere with some shade really, but my favorite local place is Sidetrack Tobacco in Bristol, VA. There is always someone there to chat with and their lounge is very nice and comfortable.

Focusing on the cigar, with some conversation thrown in.

Talking, surfing the 'net, reading, watching a ballgame on TV.

My living room or my smoking room/office/computer room/library.

Uma Thurman, any current or former member of Pink Floyd, any of our troops.

Wow, hard to narrow that list down! Too many people here I'd like to herf with.

JFK, John Adams, François-André Danican Philidor

A 50 acre farm in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains here in east TN with tents, campers and bunkhouses for everyone as their preference dictates. Holiday weekend, 4 days of cigars, drinks, food and camraderie. At least one day we'd cook a couple of pigs in a pit, maybe every day! Plenty of room for wandering and walking, hiking the hills and seeing a beautiful place. Or you could just hang out by one of the campfires, shoot the bull and enjoy a stogie. It would be a great weekend.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #19
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I want to be sitting in Cuba, in some little dive bar, enjoying a Real Cuban CC, while enjoying a mojito and listening to some true cuban music.

My dream situation is sitting on my front porch, my wife in the chair beside me, as my boys chase fireflies around the yard and I enjoy a nice cigar and enjoy the sounds of classic country coming through the screen door. No drink in my hand, just taking it all in. I enjoy this on a weekly basis.

Like I said above, on my front porch or in my hammock.

Fishing or just sitting around with family and friends, especially around a campfire.

Sitting at work or in my hammock.

My Jeep unfortunately.

My dad, Bruce Springsteen, and Patterson Hood.

Too many great BOTL's to narrow that list down!

Johnny Cash, my grandpa J.L., and my Grandpa Jackson.

A great herf would be in the Rockies of Colorado near Crested Butte, all of us around a huge campfire just sharing stories, jokes, wisdom, etc. while enjoying some great smokes and passing a jug around of homemade wine.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #20
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Wow! Glad to see this thread back up and running again. SmokeyJoe, you did it again.

By the way, I couldn't narrow down #8 to 5 guys, so it was nice to have the herf with some of the Massholes - that evening accomplished a good portion of that.