Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 09-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Big_Ern
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ernie
Trading: (1)
Trinidad
Big_Ern is on a distinguished road
Default Building my first Humi

In Winnipeg we have something called free day. this has happened twice so far. I was on my way to my father in-laws birthday BBQ and just happened to come across a cabinet that was put together haphazardly and had a terrible stain job. while I was picking up the cabinet this woman comes running down the driveway and started telling me that her husband can't put anything together right, gave up on it and that all the pieces were there. I am thankful that there are some people who can't fix stuff so others like myself can fix it for ourselves for free. I thought I could fix it up and make something nice with it. now having smoked many great cigars with Baldy, I got to thinking that the free cabinet would make a great Humi. I was going to post a picture of what it looked like before I started to work on it and got way overzealous and had the thing apart in a matter of minutes thats why you see some sanding already done. I was going to start off with a 200 or 300 count but after smoking with Tarks, Baldy and the others from Winnipeg this summer I realized I am going to need something bigger ALOT BIGGER this one should hold at least 500 maybe more, depends on how my tetris skills are this winter. I am going to build a another one for my dad this winter, I think it will hold about 200-300. I will start to take measurements and how much Spanish cedar I will need. does anyone know of any good suppliers where I can get in sheets instead of board foot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cigar Cabinet.jpg (82.9 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg Cigar cabinet #2.jpg (77.0 KB, 227 views)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
x man
Opus lover since 1995

First Name: X
Trading: (24)
Montecristo
x man will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Building my first Humi

Very nice, good luck, keep us posted.
x man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
mike
Padron Lover

First Name: mike
Trading: (17)
Punch
mike is on a distinguished road

ditto
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post
does anyone know of any good suppliers where I can get in sheets instead of board foot.
There's http://www.woodfinder.com/ but I don't know if it will help with finding a supplier in Canada, and I have no idea what the practicality or legality is of driving into North Dakota or Minnesota and bringing wood back across the border.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote