Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #701
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
I like to save up my college budget and go after nicer bourbons at Christmas, normally they'll throw in a freebie for the same price of a bottle. Last year I a kick @ss flask was paired w/Evan Williams Single Barrel. I thought it was really good (compared to Beam, regular Williams and Wild Turkey) but haven't sampled enough to know where it ranks
Let me know next time your in town to herf with awsmith4, I'll bring some bourbons for ya to try.
Matt-N-Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #702
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga View Post
Let me know next time your in town to herf with awsmith4, I'll bring some bourbons for ya to try.
Will do brother
Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #703
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
My wife has family in Tuscaloosa and I'm down there every once in a while. If you find something you really want to try, and can't find it, let me know. I'll pick it up and bring it down when I come. I'll be there for christmas for sure, and it looks like my wife will be there the week before Thanksgiving.

Oh, and Ryi 1 is pretty good and a bit off the wall, but Four Roses single barrel and Buffalo Trace are my go to's right now.

You pick it out and hit me up when your headed my direction and we'll meet up. I'll try anything once so surprise me.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #704
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
You pick it out and hit me up when your headed my direction and we'll meet up. I'll try anything once so surprise me.
Like I said earlier, I'm there for sure Christmas. It's Christmas with her family this year. Friend request and PM sent bro...
Old 10-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #705
Barcode
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tom
Trading: (16)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
Barcode will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Rowan Creek
Rowan Creek
Rowan Creek

Get some if you can.

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/rowan_creek.php
OK I just won a bottle of this hope it's all that you say. Will let you know what I think once I get the bottle.
Barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #706
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm on the hunt for Stagg and Eagle Rare.
MYSELF! My everything store is conspicuously STAGG-less,
and they, as I said, have everything. Bummed me out, cause I had my lil list
and all. But it's nice once in a while to have a white whale to hunt.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #707
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

Trading: (9)
RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
MYSELF! My everything store is conspicuously STAGG-less,
and they, as I said, have everything. Bummed me out, cause I had my lil list
and all. But it's nice once in a while to have a white whale to hunt.
Can anyone assist me in buying a bottle of Willet's. It isn't distributed in GA.
76GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #708
warren G.
Also a WIS.

First Name: Duy
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
warren G. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
I like to save up my college budget and go after nicer bourbons at Christmas, normally they'll throw in a freebie for the same price of a bottle. Last year I a kick @ss flask was paired w/Evan Williams Single Barrel. I thought it was really good (compared to Beam, regular Williams and Wild Turkey) but haven't sampled enough to know where it ranks
Have you try Eagle Rare 10 yet? It's my to go bourbon and it's not expensive. Cost about 26ish.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #709
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76GTFan View Post
Can anyone assist me in buying a bottle of Willet's. It isn't distributed in GA.
Which Willets....not that it matters I can get all of them. PM sent.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #710
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

Trading: (9)
RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren G. View Post
Have you try Eagle Rare 10 yet? It's my to go bourbon and it's not expensive. Cost about 26ish.
Very good for the price. In that price range, Buffalo Trace is my favorite.
76GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #711
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

LGC

Quote:
Does anyone know when the BTAC is being released this year? We got very little of it here in Ga last year and I'm on the hunt for Stagg and Eagle Rare.
I was just looking through ABC[Alabama Beverage Control] Liquor Price List and according to it I should be able to get Eagle Rare and (I assume you're meaning Red Stagg by Jim Beam?) in the ABC stores. I haven't been to the main store in my county in a few months but I'll go check it out.

Oh and the Eagle Rare it lists is Single Barrel.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #712
warren G.
Also a WIS.

First Name: Duy
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
warren G. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76GTFan View Post
Very good for the price. In that price range, Buffalo Trace is my favorite.
+1...another great bourbon for sipping and mixing.
I drink a lot of Mint Julep during the summer.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #713
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Tonight's line up was:

-Four Roses Single Barrel
-George T Stagg 07
-Evan Williams Single Barrel
-Ending the night with Four Roses 120th

Was a good night for bourbon this evening.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #714
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

LGC

Apparently the ABC store has started carrying a few more things since my last visit. Basil Hayden, Buffalo Trace. Top of the shelf was something called Booker T(I think turkey 101 has the memory right now) it was in a wooden glass top box price point of about $58 l again from memory anybody heard of this one?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #715
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Apparently the ABC store has started carrying a few more things since my last visit. Basil Hayden, Buffalo Trace. Top of the shelf was something called Booker T(I think turkey 101 has the memory right now) it was in a wooden glass top box price point of about $58 l again from memory anybody heard of this one?
As I recall, Booker being a Kentucky Bourbon. They used to have Batch Bourbons that were outstanding and could quickly knock you on your ass. If I recall, they were in the 120/125 proof range and fairly expensive. I don't know if Booker T is from the same company.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #716
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
As I recall, Booker being a Kentucky Bourbon. They used to have Batch Bourbons that were outstanding and could quickly knock you on your ass. If I recall, they were in the 120/125 proof range and fairly expensive. I don't know if Booker T is from the same company.
All bourbons are from Kentucky. Not sure about a Booker T, google shows no real results. My guess is it was Bookers. I like Baker's and Weller Barrel proof for the uncut, unfiltered bourbons. HIGH proof bourbons are my favorites 110+ proof is mostly all I like to drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
Tonight's line up was:

-Four Roses Single Barrel
-George T Stagg 07
-Evan Williams Single Barrel
-Ending the night with Four Roses 120th

Was a good night for bourbon this evening.
Four Roses 120th . Wish I had more, great stuff
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #717
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

Partagas

Quote:
I was just looking through ABC[Alabama Beverage Control] Liquor Price List and according to it I should be able to get Eagle Rare and (I assume you're meaning Red Stagg by Jim Beam?) in the ABC stores. I haven't been to the main store in my county in a few months but I'll go check it out.

Oh and the Eagle Rare it lists is Single Barrel.
Do NOT buy Jim Beam Red Stagg. Its a cherry flavored bourbon, not even cheap shot worthy.

When we say Stagg, we mean George T Stagg, from Buffalo Traces Antique Collection. Do a google search for it. Me and awsmith4 drank some last night (thanks again bro) and my GOD it will warm you from the core out. It is GOOD.

The Eagle Rare is a 10 yr and is a very good bourbon. should cost around 35 or so and is worth it.

The others you listed, all pretty good, Basil Hayden I like when I want something milder. If you have any questions, shoot me a message before you buy, I can't in good conscience let a BOTL drink cherry flavored bourbon.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #718
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
, I can't in good conscience let a BOTL drink cherry flavored bourbon.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:17 PM   #719
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

Partagas

Quote:
you may mean Bookers Noe. Did it come in a wooden crate type box with a plastic slide lid front? If so, it should be around 48 a bottle and is Cask Strength, meaning it has not been watered. This is why it costs more. This is a bourbon that is great for experimenting with. Seeing how water aids in blossoming. Add a few drops, try it. add a few more, try it again. Taste the difference. Add a cube, see how it changes. One of my favorites to get someone new to bourbon to decide how they like to drink it. Anything Cask, or Barrel strength can be done this way. I never recommend over rocks though, the ice will dilute too much. Try this...

First drink upon opening the bottle, pour straight and try it...if you like it, there you go.

If it's too strong, try a quick drizzle of good water. Try again. Still don't like it, add a cube, you should be good from there. You kinda get to be your own blend master.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #720
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

LGC

Quote:
you may mean Bookers Noe. Did it come in a wooden crate type box with a plastic slide lid front? If so, it should be around 48 a bottle and is Cask Strength, meaning it has not been watered. This is why it costs more. This is a bourbon that is great for experimenting with. Seeing how water aids in blossoming. Add a few drops, try it. add a few more, try it again. Taste the difference. Add a cube, see how it changes. One of my favorites to get someone new to bourbon to decide how they like to drink it. Anything Cask, or Barrel strength can be done this way. I never recommend over rocks though, the ice will dilute too much. Try this...

First drink upon opening the bottle, pour straight and try it...if you like it, there you go.

If it's too strong, try a quick drizzle of good water. Try again. Still don't like it, add a cube, you should be good from there. You kinda get to be your own blend master.

That would be it wood box with plastic slide top. Don't worry I'm not going near the flavored stuff Now that we have Buffalo Trace I'll keep an eye out for the Antique Collection.