Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #161
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Hahaha, derh...I tried to post this in the original series thread but it is closed. I work with a guy who said one day
that "You know Rocky's (a co-worker) brother is a famous actor." He rattled off a few movies, but I know he was
not the leads in any of em, so I remained in the dark and didn't really care anyway if I only knew half the story.
Then I went to IMDB and checked out the cast. I need to get on the same page with you guys as you talk about
Shane and Rick and Carl, etc...who is who? AS of last night, I have seen Season 1 Eps. 1 and 2. So I see that Merle
is played by Michael Rooker....I saw the last name and went "ding". So THAT'S who this person is. His brother works
with me. We do not do the same type job, so I only see him a few times a week, but I see the family resemblance now.
Haha, that guy is a great character actor, for sure, lol.
Me and my friend were talking about Merle and her thinks he's going to show back up as the guy who takes over the prison (sorry for the spoilers, this is from the comics...if they go that route) I hope so....that is some intense and disturbing stuff that happens.

Mr. Rooker was also Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer....awesome disturbing flick.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #162
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Me and my friend were talking about Merle and her thinks he's going to show back up as the guy who takes over the prison (sorry for the spoilers, this is from the comics...if they go that route) I hope so....that is some intense and disturbing stuff that happens.

Mr. Rooker was also Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer....awesome disturbing flick.

I was hoping someone else would remember this flick.

I was going to say...you wanna NEVER look at your co-worker the same way again, watch this movie. Even though he is his brother, and just an actor in a role...I never see Michael Rooker without thinking of that movie.

Has to be up there as one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen, and what's worse, it's based on a real person.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #163
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I also think he CAN show up again. You don't say "Hey there's a hacksaw in that toolbag" in a scene for nothing.
It opens up too many possibilities, EVEN BEFORE THE GUY TRIPS OVER IT and spills the contents all over while dropping
the handcuff key down a vent pipe. Sure, it could be just a plot device that they chose not to use, but it could come in
handy if they run short of storylines and plot twists. Gonna watch S1 Epi 3-4 tonight.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #164
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
I also think he CAN show up again. You don't say "Hey there's a hacksaw in that toolbag" in a scene for nothing.
It opens up too many possibilities, EVEN BEFORE THE GUY TRIPS OVER IT and spills the contents all over while dropping
the handcuff key down a vent pipe. Sure, it could be just a plot device that they chose not to use, but it could come in
handy if they run short of storylines and plot twists. Gonna watch S1 Epi 3-4 tonight.
I think he's definitely comin' back at some point. Each episode I keep lookin' for Merle and the father and son from the 1st episode
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #165
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I hear his hand is going to appear again in season 3 again
Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #166
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
I think he's definitely comin' back at some point. Each episode I keep lookin' for Merle and the father and son from the 1st episode
Oh yah I forgot about them, I imagine they will reunite at some point.
It would be better if they find them dead or as zombies though.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #167
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hahaha, derh...I tried to post this in the original series thread but it is closed. I work with a guy who said one day
that "You know Rocky's (a co-worker) brother is a famous actor." He rattled off a few movies, but I know he was
not the leads in any of em, so I remained in the dark and didn't really care anyway if I only knew half the story.
Then I went to IMDB and checked out the cast. I need to get on the same page with you guys as you talk about
Shane and Rick and Carl, etc...who is who? AS of last night, I have seen Season 1 Eps. 1 and 2. So I see that Merle
is played by Michael Rooker....I saw the last name and went "ding". So THAT'S who this person is. His brother works
with me. We do not do the same type job, so I only see him a few times a week, but I see the family resemblance now.
Haha, that guy is a great character actor, for sure, lol.
You work with Darrell?!

That dude has mad ninja zombie killing skills!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #168
massphatness

ERdM

Finally got around to watching episode three. I was kinda' yawning my through it until Shane knee-capped Otis. Life is cold, Otis.

I also thought Darrell and the b!tchy blond chick were gonna get it on in the woods while suicide-zombie provided background gurgles, but alas, not to be.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #169
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
I also thought Darrell and the b!tchy blond chick were gonna get it on in the woods while suicide-zombie provided background gurgles, but alas, not to be.
I thought that was a possibility too. I still think that Darrell and b!tchy blond could bone, as well as the Asian guy and the girl from the doctors house
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #170
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I thought that was a possibility too. I still think that Darrell and b!tchy blond could bone, as well as the Asian guy and the girl from the doctors house
The old man has his sight on the blonde (Andrea or Angela?) I can't remember his name, but again read the comics.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #171
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Ok, I haven't read this post because I do not want spoilers...

...but I just finished watching all of Season 1 on netflix...does anyone know where I can find season 2 at? It is not on Netflix yet.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #172
massphatness

ERdM

check you cable provider's on demand listings - Comcast has all of Season 2 available
Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #173
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
The old man has his sight on the blonde (Andrea or Angela?) I can't remember his name, but again read the comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post

...but I just finished watching all of Season 1 on netflix...does anyone know where I can find season 2 at? It is not on Netflix yet.
Concerning spoilers, for those of you that have read the comics can you headline your posts that have possible spoilers with something like "Comic Spoiler"? I want to be fully surprised by watching the show

Thanks just my
Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #174
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Concerning spoilers, for those of you that have read the comics can you headline your posts that have possible spoilers with something like "Comic Spoiler"? I want to be fully surprised by watching the show

Thanks just my
I thought I was being careful
Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #175
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
I thought I was being careful
No worries
Old 11-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #176
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
check you cable provider's on demand listings - Comcast has all of Season 2 available
Duh...thanks Vin, I didn't even think of that!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #177
smitdavi
Ambassador of Quan

First Name: David
Trading: (9)
RA
smitdavi has disabled reputation

Quote:

Thanks just my
Thank you! Read more than I wanted to in a few posts.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #178
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
You work with Darrell?!

That dude has mad ninja zombie killing skills!
Hahah, no at that point I did not know he had an onscreen brother, but I finished episode 6 of Season 1 last night.
No the actor's brother. Likely never saw a zombie. He kills a mean German Cockroach, though.

I am going to watch S2 1-3 tonight. I liked Season 1 but as most of you stated in the other thread,
the old folks home was a waste of my time, as was the CDC. I know you HAVE to end these shows,
and I know endings are hard, but it ruins the overall fantastic product to end it like some kind of weekly drama.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #179
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post

You could try itunes
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #180
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
I liked Season 1 but as most of you stated in the other thread,
the old folks home was a waste of my time, as was the CDC. I know you HAVE to end these shows,
and I know endings are hard, but it ruins the overall fantastic product to end it like some kind of weekly drama.
I disagree. I really like the old folks home and the CDC. Both addressed social aspects that horror-only zombie movies have only hinted at: communities banding together to protect the helpless and, in regards to the CDC, the complex and difficult decision individuals must make when given a choice to end uncertainty and a dismal future by painless suicide or continue in humanity's fight for survival. This same issue was the debate b/w Lori and Rick over Carl's fate. Shane's wacking of Otis in the last episode makes every view ask themselves if the end justifies the means.

I love the suspenseful and horror aspects of the show, but the drama side that brings up questions about society are what puts it over the top in my opinion