Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cooler's

I have 7 coolerdors. They work well, are inexpensive, hold humidity, and let you spend your money on cigars, not containers to hold them. That said, it is good to have one nice table humidor for show if nothing else.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #22
New Boots
Dancing in the storm

First Name: Jay
Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
New Boots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
I have 7 coolerdors. They work well, are inexpensive, hold humidity, and let you spend your money on cigars, not containers to hold them. That said, it is good to have one nice table humidor for show if nothing else.
7? Holy crap!

I agree completely! I found 3 desktops, probably hold about 400 total, for $90. Came with a ton of other stuff too. So, I'll be moving back to the "pretty" stuff.
New Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #23
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
I have only one, but yeah, All that and maintenance free.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #24
brylee
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Steve
Trading: (2)
Cohiba Army (Served With Honor)
brylee is on a distinguished road

I, like most on here, have run out of room in the desktop. It was hardly a challenge, and I started before reading all the suggestions to always always ALWAYS go with 3-4 times the size of what you think would be good...
I saw an earlier post on here, stating to get a pound of beads for their newly commissioned 48qt. coolerdor. Not sure if that was just a comment being thrown out there, or would be a good amount to start with.
Also saw a post where the writer said to open the drain plug once things were stable. Wouldn't that cause the humidity to drop very quickly?
Any idea how long it would take to bring the humidity up to around 70ish?
brylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #25
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brylee View Post
I, like most on here, have run out of room in the desktop. It was hardly a challenge, and I started before reading all the suggestions to always always ALWAYS go with 3-4 times the size of what you think would be good...
I saw an earlier post on here, stating to get a pound of beads for their newly commissioned 48qt. coolerdor. Not sure if that was just a comment being thrown out there, or would be a good amount to start with.
Also saw a post where the writer said to open the drain plug once things were stable. Wouldn't that cause the humidity to drop very quickly?
Any idea how long it would take to bring the humidity up to around 70ish?
Don't open the drain plug! You should be able to find a 48 quart cooler without a drain plug, and that will make things easier. If it does have a drain plug then you should seal it up with something like Food Grade Silicone Sealant.

One pound of beads will be plenty for a cooler that size. You can't really have too many beads since it will just allow your cooler to recover from opening/closing quicker.

Humidity in the cooler will come up quickly - if you are putting trays or cigar boxes in there, that have not been at humidity, then you will want to give everything some time to season.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote