Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Stevens Point, Wisconsin?

I have a business trip planned in Mid-February. Any local b&m's to check out? Google doesn't have much help. I'll be limited to a taxi, so I'd like to stay close to town.

I'm guessing February in central Wisconsin will limit outdoor smoking.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
ysr_racer

Default Re: Stevens Point, Wisconsin?

When I was a kid, Point Beer was the hot ticket.

Back then you could only buy it in bottles if you had a Wisc drives license because they needed them back

If they're still selling it, give it a try.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the tip
Posted via Mobile Device
Col. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

RA

If there aren't any smoke shops; what is the smoking situation in restaurants or bars up there?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
If there aren't any smoke shops; what is the smoking situation in restaurants or bars up there?
Wisconsin is smoke-free, Jerry. A few bars set up outdoor smoking, but that's not real comfortable this time of year.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Jerry, I am sorry to say that the smoking situation up in Stevens Point is very, very limited. I have a buddy/pastor who also smokes and lives in the Point area, so I have a shout out to him to see if he knows something other than what I know.

1) Wisconsin is smoke free in all "public establishments" (sic).
2) Smoke shops in Point are predominantly head shops, although there might be a couple cigars and/or some pipe tobacco in any one of them.
3) I do not know of any place that was grand-fathered in as a smoking establishment in #1.

I will look into this further and get back to you.

I am a little over an hour away, depending on when you will be in Point, I might be able to break free so we could hook up for a meal - and possibly a herf, depending on what I find out.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

Jerry I live in appleton and it has a great B & m and is an hour a way, however in point that don't help you. I have been working for the hospital in point since summer and Have been smoking outside. When I come up to point to work now since its winte,I stay at a hotel for the 3-4 days.
There is 2 cigar shops in point 1 is a tobacco outlet in plover that does not allow smoking because tobacco is not over 70% of their sales but they have a semi decent collection and alright prices.

Then theres stogies downtown where you can smoke cigars and pipe inside since tobacco and related materials is their main income however its a stand and chat place, small, no cigar inventory worth braging about and is pretty much a head shop. No liquir licsense either. I have gone and chatted there just to enjoy a cigar with someone other than smoking a stogie by myself in my truck. their hours are only open till 5 or 6 I think more 6pm. 1 of the shop workers mentioned theres a cigar shop out in the boonies within 20 miles from here that is a sit and smoke and has a liquir license but did not know where it was or name and I heard nothin from anyone else.If your here during week I could not promise I have time to meet you since jan 14th I start a new position in Oshkosh 8- 430 mon-fri but could be a chance that I could zip on up but it'd be smokin in the truck.

Last edited by CoreyD; 12-28-2012 at 09:09 PM.
CoreyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

RA

Plans are to be there Feb 11-15th.

Situation sounds about the same as here, but a least I can brave the outdoors 11 mos. out of the year (July being the exception) .

Point sounds like it is out in the middle of nowhere, and it's no big loss if I can't grab a smoke while I'm there. I'd just hate to miss out on a Smoke Inn and not know it.

Todd thanks for your inquiries. If you are free and near Point those days let me know. Though it would seem an inconvenience and I understand that. Corey, thanks for the advice as well friend.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

RA

I came, I saw, I almost froze my huevos off. Very nice people, very quiet and conservative. Probably the quietest college town I have visited.

Talked the Hilltop into doing a Walleye fish fry special for our group on a Tuesday. Got to try fried cheese curds, Point beer and more than one Old Fashioned.

Can't wait to go back when I can see the ground.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
Can't wait to go back when I can see the ground.

Yeah, my first winter up here in Joisey we didn't see the backyard from November until May. Quite a change for this Southern boy.

Make it home safely, Jerry, and Go To Hell State!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #11
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

RA

Get home to find snow. Ugh!
Col. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote