J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
That is a pet peeve of mine.... IMO, with today’s tech, anything ordered before noon, should ship that day. Maybe those are unrealistic expectations, but I have them and if a place cannot live up to them, they may not get my business.
I love ordering from amazon and newgg for this reason.... I know its not hockey related, but still.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #522
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Yeah I was suprised when I got the email today. Assumed it had already shipped. Then got the email today that they had printed a tracking number and not even shipped.

I agree on Amazon being crazy fast. My wife orders things from them just for this reason.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #523
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Anyone have interaction with hockeyoutlet.com before? I REALLY need to find some white/orange/black RBK Edge socks and they look to have them.....so I'm pulling the trigger this morning unless someone would suggest otherwise.

Had the HS Regular Season Meeting/BBQ last night.... First on ice practice in 2 weeks, drylands start next week. The Little One has ratings on the 10th and 15th... Here we go again....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #524
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Well, ordered 2 pair of the white and 1 pair of the black(blacks are easy to find) and I recieved a USPS shipping number, so that is good news.....

Now I am crossing my fingers then white show up like I expect(W/O/B) and not like I don't want(W/O)...........
Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #525
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

never dealt with them.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #526
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Well, ordered 2 pair of the white and 1 pair of the black(blacks are easy to find) and I recieved a USPS shipping number, so that is good news.....

Now I am crossing my fingers then white show up like I expect(W/O/B) and not like I don't want(W/O)...........
Arrived in 2 days, just as ordered. Hockeyoutlet.com gets a from me.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #527
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Today was a bit of a culture shock for this hockey family. The Blackstars had the intro team party today. The party was at a parents house. The house was unreal. Based on zillow the house was worth about 5 million dollars. Multiple players parents lived in the same neighborhood. This kind of explained why the lady recommended we buy two home and away jerseys. I am planning on one each. Walking up to the house we felt odd. My wife and I are very low key people.

Then things got more interesting. The boys all went to a 1hr practice on the other side of the property while the parents talked or helped. The dryland practice was run by a coach from Slovakia who has coached nhlers including my favorite Pavelski. We were also informed he will run an on ice practice for the boys tomorrow. The guy is associated with this.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=57925131582

The boys were then told that in September they will play in the Sharks Arena before the teal and white Sharks team scrimage. The boys will use the visitor locker room, meet some of the players, and some of them may skate with the boys. It's capped at 20 for the two squads so Micah may or may not get picked for the on ice portion. He's played there twice though with the san Jose in-house minimite program. Today my wife and I just kept looking at each other like what did we get ourselves into. We just wanted Micah to get better coaching.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #528
ahc4353

Welcome to travel hockey my friend. You will find a few others like you but not many.

Maybe that's why we get along. .
Old 08-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #529
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

The guy in the red shirt was the guy. They had multiple stations going.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #530
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Al I tell you I can't really write what I was thinking, but we just largely kept to ourselves. The wife tended to Jonah and I kept busy playing with our girls Hannah and Leah. Originally it was just going to me and the boy. Glad the family came as man was I out of place. Send you a pm soon.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #531
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Today was a bit of a culture shock for this hockey family. The Blackstars had the intro team party today. The party was at a parents house. The house was unreal. Based on zillow the house was worth about 5 million dollars. Multiple players parents lived in the same neighborhood. This kind of explained why the lady recommended we buy two home and away jerseys. I am planning on one each. Walking up to the house we felt odd. My wife and I are very low key people.
We are right there with you. Virtually every team my son has been on, we were on the low rung in regards to the socioeconomic ladder. We still are. A couple years ago he was on a team with a boy who had his own rink on their property. And I don't mean a backyard do-it-yourself rink. This thing is impressive, they have a zamboni too.

Not to mention their house, which looked like a ski resort. In Dayton Ohio! lol!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #532
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Scott reminds me of this here.
http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/s...y.php?id=11256
He had to take the dome off not sure what the end result was. There are people in the bayarea with insane money. At age 17 out here Tier travel can run over 15k per year.

Little man got his nickname from the coach. Coach nicknamed him Thor. Micah wanted Pikachu the Pokemon, but his coach said he just couldn't see himself yelling Pikachu during a game.

Got those S19 sticks for $40 each from pure hockey. Only youth stick who's blade is made like an adult stick with the weave. Hoping they hold up.

The boy was geeked.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #533
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Good stuff, Mike.... I am kinda questioning not buying one.... Though I am sure the Little One will survive..... Back on the ice in 10 days!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #534
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

My kids team this year, new jerseys (again? wtf coach!?!?!?) and one new player. My kid is 4th from the left.

2011-2012 Queen City Steam Bantam Minor AAA:

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #535
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Looking good, Scott!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #536
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
My kids team this year, new jerseys (again? wtf coach!?!?!?) and one new player. My kid is 4th from the left.

2011-2012 Queen City Steam Bantam Minor AAA:

Nice, positive vibes for a great season.

If they take a team pic of his team I will post his up.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #537
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Last night our house league had Ratings & Conditioning for the mites. I was able to bring my son with me to help coach(cat heard) the kids through the drills. Mom was working, so I kept Abby on the ice for both sessions. I could see the smile through her cage, a mile wide, as she would skate by her brother or me, going through drills.

There are times in life that are as close to perfect as it gets, last night was one... Life is good being a hockey parent....
Old 09-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #538
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

I go from the perfect night above to getting the shaft...... Go to all the coaches meetings, do my background check, USA hockey, ratings & conditioning ect.... I go to the draft tonight and they pull assistant coaches names out of a hat and I don't get pulled. I should be clear that there were coaches pulled that have been to none of the above....Hell, they were not there tonight....

Mind you, he told me he cut the list off when it was full, so the director obviously added names.... Pretty pissed off right now, but what am I going to do about it....

I have really been looking forward to coaching the Little One.... What a shitty night....
Old 09-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #539
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

That's crap brother I am sorry that happened. Part of the reason I buddied up with his inhouse coach and our sons became friends was so I could help coach on the ice. That and I play the heavy so he can be the nice guy. I have been tempted to offer to assist coaching his travel club because at.times the practices are very disfunctional, but its our first year so I am just keeping my mouth shut largely. Just been giving Micah direction off the ice on who to avoid, but its tough some of these kids need a swift kick in the ass because the parents clearly have failed.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #540
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Thanks, Mike....

It is disappointing. In fact more than disappointing, I am sad about losing out on this and pissed feeling like I was mislead. I will see what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen again….(latch onto a head coach to be a #1 assistant, which is assured a spot). The Little One is good enough, I assume it shouldn’t be a problem.

I went online shopping at Ice Warehouse to drown my sorrows. The Little Man needed new gloves(have promised him X60’s for 2 weeks) and the Little One needed a neck guard. I put in wrist guards(LM) and an Ai9(LO) as extra treats. Have NO IDEA what prompted the Ai9.....talk about impulse purchase....