Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
billyrayvalentin
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
billyrayvalentin is on a distinguished road
Default Are these any good?

The wife and I are expecting a baby girl. I want to buy some nice cigars to pass out when she is born. Are these any good?

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=785729

If not, does anyone have any other recommendations? Most of my friends and family aren't cigar smokers, but I still don't wanna give them a dog rocket just in case they want to light it up. Plus, I wanna smoke one myself.
billyrayvalentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are these any good?

Methinks they'll do the job nicely! And, congratulations!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Don't know those, and the description ain't much help either. But I double-checked, and JRs lists 3 types of It's A Boy/Girl stogies, in case you decide against these, or lose the bid. One is JRs own, which should be OK for the guy who only smokes a cigar when handed one by a new dad, one is Berings in aluminum tubes, which should be better and easier to carry about without damage, and the last is RyJ in glass tubes, which are likely the best you'll find. And if your budget won't allow better, I'm sure some machine-mades (White Owl? Muriel?) are out there.

Congratulations, and good luck.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
jerseystepup
L-I-V-I-N

First Name: Randy
Trading: (9)
JL
jerseystepup is on a distinguished road

also arturo fuente makes its a boy/girl cigars...
jerseystepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Don't know those, and the description ain't much help either. But I double-checked, and JRs lists 3 types of It's A Boy/Girl stogies, in case you decide against these, or lose the bid. One is JRs own, which should be OK for the guy who only smokes a cigar when handed one by a new dad, one is Berings in aluminum tubes, which should be better and easier to carry about without damage, and the last is RyJ in glass tubes, which are likely the best you'll find. And if your budget won't allow better, I'm sure some machine-mades (White Owl? Muriel?) are out there.

Congratulations, and good luck.

captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

They're good enough to pass out to your friends and family.
You may want to grab a handful of good strong cigars that come in tubes and put them away until your child graduates, gets married, etc.

I've got three Partys left from the box I bought to celebrate my niece's birth. They're now 15 years old. I'm looking forward to smoking them on her wedding day. (Which hopefully will not be in the near future.)

Congratulations to you and your bride!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I checked further and found King Edwards for the cousins and drunken uncles. Save the good ones for your herfing buddies there. Just my
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #8
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayvalentin View Post
The wife and I are expecting a baby girl. I want to buy some nice cigars to pass out when she is born. Are these any good?

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=785729
No clue, although I've learned to be suspect of any of these non-descript house brands. Over the years, I've smoked too many shittay cigars that were "mystery sticks" like this. Not to say all were bad, a few were decent, but none stand out, and none I would smoke again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayvalentin View Post
If not, does anyone have any other recommendations? Most of my friends and family aren't cigar smokers, but I still don't wanna give them a dog rocket just in case they want to light it up. Plus, I wanna smoke one myself.
Most are non-smokers, eh?

John Hay Vanilla. I'm serious.
http://www.johnhaycigars.com/

People who don't smoke cigars, and people who don't even smoke, will smoke one of those and usually enjoy it.

Dave and Lauren (the owners) are great people, they will take care of you, just tell them what you are looking for.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

They're probably dog rockets. I've learned thru experience to give out good cigars in tubes!!!

Most people don't have a humi and if they don't smoke them right away they'll end up in a drawer for a few weeks. The tubes will keep the cigar in OK shape for a good while.

R&J and Montecristo make very nice cigars that make excellent gifts and aren't too expensive.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Cuesta-Rey Brevas It's a Boy or Girl. Good and mild and cheap.