Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Back in the pool!!!

Passed my CPAT again today so I am back in the hiring pool for Charlotte Fire for 2012. I'm hoping this is finally my year. Not banking on it but it's can't hurt to dream about landing that dream job. Sick as a dog and I still managed to squeek through somehow but I wasn't going to let a cold keep me out of the hunt this year although the medic in rehab was not thrilled to hear I showed up sick. They send everyone to rehab after the course and after I settled down my heart rate was actually going up instead of down. They seemed alarmed at first so I mentioned that I loaded up on Dayquil to be able to make it out to the test prior to leaving the house in the morning. The Medic said that was the cause for the rise but grilled me for showing up sick. If I didn't show I would have been out of eliminated for the year so I sucked it up and mustered through it. It was pretty enjoyable to do it in the rain this year rather than hot and humid temps. Now the waiting game begins. Oddly enough when I went online to fill out a background questionnaire my app from last year is still showing active so I am hoping it may finally be my year!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Back in the pool!!!

Good Luck!!!!! I guess not everyone can be a cop
Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Good Luck!!!!! I guess not everyone can be a cop
He is to smart for that. He was able to ID at least 10 colors in the crayon box. Thats why he wants to be a Firefighter!!! Good luck this year bro.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

Congrats on passing and good luck with the hiring!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

My old man always said they took the guys who wanted to be firefighters and cops and stuck them in a deep hole, then they lowered down a ladder, the guys smart enough to climb the ladder became firemen, the rest became cops
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
My old man always said they took the guys who wanted to be firefighters and cops and stuck them in a deep hole, then they lowered down a ladder, the guys smart enough to climb the ladder became firemen, the rest became cops
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Thanks fellas! Since leaving NY 4 years ago I absolutely miss the fire service.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Good Luck John, just bustin balls!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Good Luck John, just bustin balls!!!
No offense taken. I almost took an NYPD job many years ago. Bailed out right before my last appointment which is when they more or less set you up for the academy. Got the skinny on what I would really be bringing home salary wise from a couple cadetes I spoke to at the academy and at the time I just couldn't afford to take the job.
They do say everything happens for a reason as the class I would have been in, first real day on the job just happened to be 9/11. Needless to say word is 3/4s of the class quit the following day as I knew a guy that graduated in that class.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

good work showing up and finishing strong despite being under the weather

good luck going forward
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats John and best of luck on the "dream job".
Old 05-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #12
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Congrats John and best of luck landing your dream job!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #13
Trkdrvremt

Good luck John!!!!