Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #161
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and yes, the joe is brewin' as always. I hate to say it but the Bronx Bombers lost another one and this time it was a solo homer in the botom of the 10th. Again, they'll be back at it this evening at 1905 (7:05pm) and let's see if the luck swings towards the Yankees for a change. Also, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying a couple of top knotch CAO cigars. Steve (toje) from CAO will be there tonight with specials and door prizes. Here is the cut and paste from the CAO website for your convenience:

5/7/2009 - New Windsor, NY - Escape With CAO at Hudson Valley Cigars.
Escape with CAO in New Windsor at Hudson Valley Cigars. CAO featured cigars will include an assortment of CAO's highly-rated cigars, including CAO Lx2, CAO Gold, and more. Take advantage of one-day only special deals and door prizes. Meet CAO Regional Sales Manager, Steve Faccenda, and "Escape with CAO!" For more information, please call (845) 562-1762.

I hope eveyone has a great day and hopefully we see a few new faces this evening........
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 AM   #162
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!! Well, we had a great time last night at Schlesingers but I can't say the same for the Yankees as Mariano allowed to homers back to back in the ninth for the 1st time in his carreer. Hopefully they get back on the winning track soon and turn things around. This weekend the NASCAR racers are in Darlington, SC whyere it all started years ago. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on thanks to Mr. Jerry who bombed me some Killer Beans Electric-Chair Espresso, thank you brother!!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #163
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and yes, the Killer Beans Electric-Chair Espresso coffee is on again. Yesterday Beth and I went over to a colleague of mine from West Point that was hosting a retirement party for a Lieutenant colonel friend of ours along with two Captains that were getting out. I carried a bag of primo sticks and enjoyed a Montecristo - Edmundos myself that was very tastey. Then we came home and I went back and forth from the Yankees game to the Nationwide Series NASCAR race. A-Rod is back and hit a homer with his 1st pitch at bat. The Yankkes won 4 - 0 and Matt Kenseth won the race after Kyle Busch had a flat with only a couple of laps to go. The NASCAR Sprint Cup racers will be back at it this evening at 1930 (7:30pm) as will the Yankees taking on the Orioles at 1905 (7:05pm). I hope everyone has a super saturday and enjoys it as well........
Old 05-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #164
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on and Beth is out shopping and on her way home with fresh baked muffins. Yesterday was a super day overall except for the Yankees getting beat 12 - 5 by the Orioles. Beth and I went to Schlesinger's last night for dinner and I enjoyed a Rocky Patel Decade Lonsdale prior to my full rack of ribs (I ended up bringing half of them home). Afterwards, we came home and I watched the NASCAR race from Darlington, SC and a big congrats to Mark Martin and the entire Rick Hendrick racing team. Today, the Yankees take on the Orioles one more time at 1335 (1:35pm) with Joba Chamberlain on the mound for the Bombers. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to relax as well........
Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #165
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Yesterday was another nice one filled with tastey treats, a Yankees win and primo ceegars. I know that this will be a busy week at the office as the senior class here at West Point graduates on the 23rd. I hope that the weather holds up as Graduation is outdoors in the Stadium so a number of the meetings we'll have will be out there:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #166
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. It's another day filled with meetings and such and then this evening Beth and I will be taking out one of her brothers for his 45th B-Day dinner. Hopefully the Yankees are on the TV while we are out but Beth and her brother Mike are Mets fans and I have a feeling that the bar will have that game on instead. I'm sure if I ask nicely, the bartender can check the score of the Yankees / Blue Jays game now and then. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 AM   #167
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and a Happy Hump-Day wish to all of you. I see that the Yankees lost last night against the Blue Jays, let's hope that they can bounce back tonight with a win. Besides the normal running around here on West Point this time of the year in preperation for Graduation (Saturday the 23rd of May), everything is going smoothly as planned. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy a favorite cigar if you get the chance.......
Old 05-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #168
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. It was good to see the Yankees rebound last night as they did with an 8 - 2 victory with Andy Pettitte on the mound. For the full story:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The same two teams will be back at tonight at 1907 (7:07pm) and hopefully the Bombers will be the victor one more time. Well, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and a couple of cool ones. I did receive a PM from Sean (Seanholio) who is here on business and will try to make it this evening as well. So if you're in the area and have some time to burn, stop on by and join in on the fun. If you're not a local S/BOTL, I hope you have a great day as well and enjoy........
Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 AM   #169
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF is well deserved!!!! We had a great time at Schlesinger's last night with a big group of regulars and a few new ones as well. It was good to see Israel (uptown_isy) last night but I was informed that Sean (Seanholio) came down with a bad sore throught and all and couldn't make it. Hopefully the next time Sean comes out to the East Coast we'll get to herf. Anyway, it was good to see Matsui hit an 8th inning go ahead homer to give the Yankees a 3 - 2 win last night. Tonight they'll be back in the Bronx taking on the Twins at 1905 (7:05pm) and let's keep it up with another "W". I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a couple of your favorites.......

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #170
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the joe is brewin'. We had a house guest last night and this morning we did the traditional belgium waffles for breakfast. It was good to see the Yankees win last night in the bottom of the 9th inning and hopefully they continue the streak today with the first pitch at 1305 (1:05pm):

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Also today, Beth and I will going over to one of my brother-in-laws for a bbq / birthday party. Later on this evening, the NASCAR racers will be in Charlotte, NC for the All-Star race which the winner will get 1 million dollars as this is a no points race. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys.......
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #171
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is on. Yesterday we had a great day filled with primo sticks, a variety of BBQ, cool drinks along with family and friends celibrating. The Yankees won again yesterday with a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 12th inning from A-Rod. The Bombers will be at it again today at 1305 (1:05pm) against the Twins with A.J. Burnett on the mound for the Yankees. The NASCAR All-Star race was great last night as well with Tony Stewart winning the Million Dollars for his team. Today should be a relaxing one in preperation for the busy week we have ahead of us. It's Grad Week at West Point and there are parades and a variety of festivities all week long building up to Saturday's Graduation. Anyway, I hope everyone as a great day as well and you get to enjoy a favorite ceegar while you're at it.........
Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #172
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Sounds like you are having a kick ass weekend Charlie!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:51 AM   #173
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the joe is brewin'. It was another win for the Yankees in the same fashion they have been doing it for the past few days. This time it was Johnny Damon hitting a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 10th making it a 3 - 2 victory:

After the game was over, one of my brother-in-laws called me and said that he has tickets to this coming Tuesday night's game against the Orioles and asked if I wanted them. Beth and I will headin' to the Bronx Tuesday after work and it will be our first time in the new stadium, yeah baby. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week and enjoy a few of your favorites through out it........
Old 05-19-2009, 03:58 AM   #174
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won another one last night with a 7 - 6 victory over the Twins sweeping them 4 games in a row. I'll be headin' down to the Bronx this afternoon to catch this evening's game against the Orioles and hopefully they get lucky number seven win under thier belts. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys........
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #175
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and thank god for coffee. We got home late last night after having a great time at the New Yankees Stadium watching the Bombers crush the Orioles last night 9 - 1. It was lucky win #7 as they had 7 runs in the 7th inning. CC Sabathia pitched very well for the Yanks and and hopefully Phil Hughes can do the same tonight as well. Today should be another busy day at West Point with Graduation week and all that entails. Anyway, I hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day and enjoys.........
Old 05-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #176
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, it was another solid win for the Yankees last night making it 8 in a row with a final score of 11 - 4. Nick Swisher, Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera hit back-to-back-to-back consecutive homers in the 2nd inning to break it wide open. Tonight they'll be back at with the Orioles one more time starting at 1905 (7:05pm) with Joba Chamberlain starting on the mound for the Bombers. Since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks, cool drinks and catching up on all the missed world news from each other. If you're close by, stop on over and join in on the fun and if not, I hope you have a great day as well and enjoy.........
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 AM   #177
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF so far. With Graduation here at West Point tomorrow, we have to be in at 0500 (5am) and have the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) up and running hot at 0530 (5:30am). http://www.usma.edu/Garrison/sites/d...ates/dptms.asp
Last night we had a great time at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars watching the Yankees win thier 9th in a row while enjoying fine cigars and the camaraderie of all the S / BOTL there. Joba Chamberlain was taken out after 2 outs in the first inning resulting from a line drive hitting him in the knee: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy
This evening the Bombers take on the Phillies in the Bronx with the 1st pitch at 1905 (7:05pm) with A.J. Burnett on the mound. I hope everyone has a super Memorial Day weekend and enjoys.........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:29 AM   #178
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Yesterday's Graduation at West Point went off well with hardly any hiccups at all. By 1300 (1pm), there were 900+ new 2nd Lieutenants in today's U.S. Army, HOOAH!!! Later on yesterday, the Yankees played the Phillies again in the Bronx and in the bottom of the 9th inning, the Bombers scored 3 runs for a come back win with a final score of 5 -4:

Today they'll play one more time at 1305 (1:05pm) and hopefully we take the series as this will be the rubber game. After that, the NASCAR racers are down in Charlotte, NC and will race the longest race of the season, the CocaCola 600. Starting time for that is 1700 (5pm) and will run for a good 5 hours. We'll be barbequing all day today and I'll be kicking back enjoying a few of my favorites and I hope you all do the same............
Old 05-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #179
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and Happy Memorial Day. I've got a fresh pot of coffee on and I plan on making a traditional english breakfast with eggs, bacon and toast. In a couple of hours I have to run over to West Point to ensure the Memorial Day Wreath Laying Ceremony goes off as planned at 1200. Then this afternoon I'll come home and relax and watch the rain delayed NASCAR race that starts at 1200 as well. I'll TVO the race and catch up to the live race within the first hour fast forwarding past all the comercials and all. I hope everyone has a great day and continues to enjoy themselves through out this long weekend.........
Old 05-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #180
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Sounds like a great day!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote