Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (0)
jhedrick83 is on a distinguished road
Default Nashville Shops

On the 28th and 1st my wife has a training in Nashville, I was planning on going with her to just have a few days off. While she is in her training, I was planning on just spending all day at a B&M smoking and relaxing. I've heard of Stogies well as Smoke and Ale but have never been to either. Any recommendations guys?
jhedrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Nashville Shops

I'm interested in the same thing Jesse, my wife has a conference in April and I'm tagging along to do a little sightseeing and picture taking. And of course finding a place to enjoy a stick or 3.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
bighairlogo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (34)
RA
bighairlogo will become famous soon enoughbighairlogo will become famous soon enough

uptown's smoke shop
http://www.uptowns.com/

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
bighairlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighairlogo View Post
uptown's smoke shop
http://www.uptowns.com/
Uptown's is a nice shop. Stogies in Cool Springs has a decent beer selection. They usually have a large selection of sticks but the last time I was in there it seemed a bit slim. Smoke and Ale isn't bad either and it's right around the corner from me. There's a new one in Cool Springs called Franklin Cigar (www.franklincigar.com) but I dont know anything about it.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Uptown's is a nice shop. Stogies in Cool Springs has a decent beer selection. They usually have a large selection of sticks but the last time I was in there it seemed a bit slim. Smoke and Ale isn't bad either and it's right around the corner from me. There's a new one in Cool Springs called Franklin Cigar (www.franklincigar.com) but I dont know anything about it.
Does Uptown have a beer? Do they have a lounge I can chill in? I'll be there like 10-4:30 both days most likely. I'm wanting to find a place to just park and chill.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Meh, new owner. The problem is he couldn't keep the deals with liga/illusione so there's almost no real boutique cigars. From what I remember most of the people here that like NC's buy Viaje, tatuaje, illusione, liga and such...you won't find any of that there. No Opus or high end fuentes, not that great of a padron selection. Really nothing I would want to smoke, even if I had to fish and buy SOMETHING, there's very minimal there. The dude doesn't seem to know his stuff, he seems like an older guy that just likes the hobby. It's a nice store, but unfortunately the inventory blows.

Haven't ever been to uptowns, but from what I hear they have the best selection. I always end up smoking at bars that allow it and bring my own, but I'd try there if anything.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #7
Boz
In Vino Veritas

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Meh, new owner. The problem is he couldn't keep the deals with liga/illusione so there's almost no real boutique cigars. From what I remember most of the people here that like NC's buy Viaje, tatuaje, illusione, liga and such...you won't find any of that there. No Opus or high end fuentes, not that great of a padron selection. Really nothing I would want to smoke, even if I had to fish and buy SOMETHING, there's very minimal there. The dude doesn't seem to know his stuff, he seems like an older guy that just likes the hobby. It's a nice store, but unfortunately the inventory blows.

Haven't ever been to uptowns, but from what I hear they have the best selection. I always end up smoking at bars that allow it and bring my own, but I'd try there if anything.
Howdy Bill, I assume you're talking about Smoke and Ale (who also used to own what is now Franklin Cigar)? Yeah he's never had Viaje, very little tat or illusion and no Opus. He does carry the Liga stuff and he almost always has Hemingway's. I rarely go there unless I'm looking for one of those.

I believe Uptowns is going to have the best selection, but I cant remember if they have beer or not. I've never stuck around to smoke in the lounge. Just stop in if I'm near and have time.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Nah the new guy at Franklin cigar who couldn't keep the contracts the owner of smoke and ale had. The stock is even worse now than it ever was.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Boz
In Vino Veritas

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Nah the new guy at Franklin cigar who couldn't keep the contracts the owner of smoke and ale had. The stock is even worse now than it ever was.
Ha that sucks. Oh well, guess I wont be visiting that one.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
jhedrick83
GO VOLS!

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll be at uptowns Friday and Saturday probably 10-3 (I'll have to spend the evenings with the wife! If you are in the area feel free to stop in and say hi.