Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tebow Thread, lol

I should have said "NFL quarterback" there, Tom. The kid's work ethic is second to none, and he's got a real low bar to crawl over in New York. If there's a place for him to become an NFL quarterback, New York is it.
Looking back at the Manningathon, Peyton is the best thing that's ever happened to Tim. Or you could say Andrew Luck is the best thing that's ever happened to Tim.
He's going to get yet ANOTHER opportunity to get some starts under his belt, and plain and simple, he puts asses in seats (not the the Jets need that, but he's not going to harm the draw, and he'll put asses in seats at opponent's stadiums.) He's gonna sell some jerseys, and when he finds his favorite receivers, those jerseys will sell, etc...

If he Tebows the Jets to the playoffs and produces another first round win, he's going to build even that much more credibility. Put the projected starts, wins, playoff wins, pleasing personality, media favorite, and everything else together, and you have your new Broadway Joe, except with less cockyness and Tim probably won't have as much fun as Joe.
He's a nice fit for the Jets if that all pans out, and the stage is set. It's Tebow's job to take. I can't see one single negative for him being in New York, and can't think of a better fit.
Oh, and I'd like to go on record as saying "Wildcat my ass." I'll believe that when I see it. Maybe Tim will relieve Sanchez in the red zone, but to spot in when they run wildcat? Really? Maybe I just have such a hard time believing it because I heard it coming out of Rex Ryan's mouth and his lips were moving.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #22
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Rex Ryan has stated emphatically that:

A) The Jets would run the wildcat sometimes.

B) Mark Sanchez is the starting QB.

What does this mean? Well, as I would not believe Rex were he to guarantee the sun shall rise tomorrow, I don't think it means much.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #23
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Say what you will about Tebow, the fact of the matter is that he's remained humble, and a great role model for kids. He works hard, doesn't mouth off, and even with his newfound fame and fortune, he's remained true to his faith and his ethics.

You can't say that for very many people, and you can say that about even fewer celebrities. Tebow could be the worst player on the field, and I'd still have a strong admiration for him, in the same way that I admire another Tim, Tim Duncan.

Hate on Tebow all you want, but don't ask for him to go away. Kids need role models like him, not the narcissistic, self-destructive hedonism of the majority of professional football players out there.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Derek, I am amused by the hype surrounding Tebow, but I do not "hate on" him at all, and even wish him all the success he can earn. Yet I emphasize that "earn", and on this account I cannot put him in the same sentence with Tim Duncan, who has "earned" respect on personal and professional levels Tebow has not approached yet . . . and may never.

, but that's how I see it.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Well spoken, Derrick. I agree 100%, although I have no thoughts on Tim Duncan.
The coolest part about Tebow's unfolding career is that whether it blossoms or ends up in he sh1tter, he's going to continue to set a fine example.
I'd like to see him do well and remain in the NFL for a good, long time on the sportsmanship basis alone. He's good for the NFL and fans on many levels.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Tebow fan and believe he is good for the NLF. Sure as hell beats the other players who make the news for drugs, spousal abuse, excessive speeding, rape, smuggling, etc.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #27
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
That hasn't made a difference!
He's managed to capture the back page of every NY area paper.
Probably the first Backup player to do so since Jeff Hostetler.
Tebow's done it without taking a pro snap here.
Hostetler had to win the Superbowl to wind up there.
...And all Jeremy Lin had to do was play in about ten games before he was being plastered all over the place and hailed as a Godsend. Me thinks now that he's in Houston we won't hardly hear anything about, "Linsanity." Point being; media, especially of the New York variety, over sensationalizes stories (and the individuals) such as these two.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote