Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about
Default NFL Training Camp visits?

Anyone go to any NFL teams training camps?
I went to the KC Chiefs training camp in St Joseph, MO on Saturday and it was an awsome experience. You are so close to the players and coaches, that you can hear every word. After practice tons of players signed autographs and chatted with fans. It was a great time!
If you are an NFL fan and have a camp within driving distance, I highly suggest checking it out.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NFL Training Camp visits?

The family and I went to the Houston Texans camp on Sunday. We didn't stay till the end as the kids were getting fussy. We also have tickets for this Friday's training camp. It was a cool experience to see the players up close, however the kids kept asking when they were going to play the game.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy used to go to Latrobe all the time, I never found time to go. I bet it's awesome!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Though the Jets start their camp in Cortland NY, their REAL camp is so close I could plink holes in their roof with a .22 . . . if I had a .22, that is. But I've no interest in taking part in the Sanchez/Tebow circus that shall likely erupt within easy walking distance of my door.

I just hope it gets no closer than that.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
Anyone go to any NFL teams training camps?
I went to the KC Chiefs training camp in St Joseph, MO on Saturday and it was an awsome experience. You are so close to the players and coaches, that you can hear every word. After practice tons of players signed autographs and chatted with fans. It was a great time!
If you are an NFL fan and have a camp within driving distance, I highly suggest checking it out.
You coming up when the Cardinals are in town next week?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I went to the "Draft Day" a few years ago at FedEx Field. It wasn't training camp but it was awesome. If anybody has a chance to check that out do it. I got to go down on the field and tour the locker rooms (If I wanted to wait in line for the locker room tour). I still have some blades of grass from the Redskins field. I got to meet Chris Cooley, Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams. I was wearing a Sean Taylor jersey and I had Gregg Williams sign it, Joe Gibbs refused for some reason. Later that year Sean Taylor was killed, I will treasure that jersey.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I went to the "Draft Day" a few years ago at FedEx Field. It wasn't training camp but it was awesome. If anybody has a chance to check that out do it. I got to go down on the field and tour the locker rooms (If I wanted to wait in line for the locker room tour). I still have some blades of grass from the Redskins field. I got to meet Chris Cooley, Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams. I was wearing a Sean Taylor jersey and I had Gregg Williams sign it, Joe Gibbs refused for some reason. Later that year Sean Taylor was killed, I will treasure that jersey.
Well I am not far from FedEx so if you ever wanna come back down I'll head over with ya!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
Well I am not far from FedEx so if you ever wanna come back down I'll head over with ya!
I was thinking of going to a game this year, I take the train down and walk to the stadium.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I was thinking of going to a game this year, I take the train down and walk to the stadium.
Just let me know