Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 01-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Semi professional kitchen faucet

So, my new kitchen cabinets are arriving next week. Already have the countertops and sink picked out, but have not yet decided on a faucet. I am REALLY liking the style of the commercial style spray faucets, and am currently looking at the Franke FF-1800. Wondering if anyone here has any experience with this style of faucet, and pros/cons of them. I know there are some people here who spend a lot of time cooking, so figured I'd ask.

Link to faucet:

http://www.franke.com//kitchensystem...l.ksflash.html
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Semi professional kitchen faucet

They're a lot of work (keeping them fixed), the reach is real short, and they're impossible to keep clean.
To get the same effect with a lot more reach and something you can keep clean, Delta has a line where the head pulls out and it's the sprayer. They kick ass.
It won't give you "that look", and if that's what you're really digging, then get what you like. You'll always be happy with it even if it's a little extra trouble.
Do try to check one out that's set up before you buy, though.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Thanks for the input, Scott. I didn't think about keeping it clean (that's the gf's department). I sell a wide range of faucets, but most everyone up in my area likes a completely different look than I do. I lean more towards very contemporary/modern/euro styling, and didn't really find anything that "did it" for me in either line. The closest thing I found to my styling preference was a Delta Trinsic:

http://www.deltafaucet.com/kitchen/n...nsictouch.html

I haven't shown the boss either faucet yet, so I may get shot down on both options lol.

Actually, just called my supplier, and they recommended the Mirabelle Presidio as a better alternative to Franke (because of the cradle for the sprayer), though I do prefer the styling of the Franke one better:

http://www.mirabelleproducts.com/pro...1&N=103+219+55

Last edited by pektel; 01-26-2012 at 01:21 PM.
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

We have this one, or at least it's much like it. It stays clean, I use the sprayer contantly because it's easy and works correctly, and it doesn't leak all over. Plus being Delta, parts are readily available.
I'm not crazy about how it looks at all, I had to settle with Weeze. I like a style a lot more like you do. Polished chrome won't work anywhere in our kitchen, so that idea was out. The brushed nickel works great and it stays clean even with our hard (calcium carbonate laden) water.
My next move is a water softener, I'll be putting that in in the next couple weeks.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

I sell a TON of the Leland faucet. Mostly in either the Brilliance Stainless finish, or Venetian Bronze. In fact, I have both on display in my showroom. Very good quality faucet, and I love the "magnetite" incorporation on them. They have a magnetic band on the pull down sprayer to keep it tightly in the "closed" position. Right now I hvae an el cheapo home depot pull down faucet in my kitchen, and from day one, it has never seated properly against the neck.

My kitchen is going to have Stainless fridge(undecided yet), and a full stainless steel wall mount range hood (Zephyr Roma). BUT, I think the chrome faucet will fit in perfectly. Plus, if I do end up with the semi-professional type, it will have that braided stainless running through the spring portion, accenting it with the other appliances.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

It's wortrh taking a look at, Peter.
I've put gazillions of them in, the type you picked out initially. The complaint is always the reach. They really suck. Then customers overstretch them and they break. They're just a piss-poor design.
The second one you picked, that's a winner.
For the money you're going to lay out, why not look at commercial food service stuff?
Get a nice big boom and a riser hook and a big sprayer and go crazy.
You might need a couple PRV's on the incoming lines so you don't fill up the whole kitchen with water, but it's good stuff.

Here's a cute one that's not so industrial.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

This is nuclear badass, but I wouldn't own it. Just wanted to show it to you.
Take a look at Chicago's food service stuff.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Which "second one" were you referring to, Scott? The Delta Trinsic? Or the Mirabelle?

As far as commercial grade ones, I thought about that. What are some good brand names for the commercial grade stuff? EDIT: nevermind, guess I should read your last post lol.

As far as the coin, I'm a retailer, and am getting a "display model." No way would I pay retail for it
Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
This is nuclear badass, but I wouldn't own it. Just wanted to show it to you.
Take a look at Chicago's food service stuff.
That one looks fantastic Scott. What makes it so badass? I am not a huge fan of Ikea poor general quality + worst B&M store ever keeps me away.

I had a hell of a time with bathroom faucet choices and now my better half wants me to either do the Kitchen or move. I really like the delta touch on/off idea, I always have some kind of meat juice or something on my hands where I would rather not touch the faucet handle.

Good luck on your search Peter, only thing I could add is stay away from Kohler. In my bathroom remodel I found they make things that look fancy and work terribly.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

PL

Doing a little Google FU it seems that you really only have two options with the spring coil over... Here is one like the first one you posted.

spring

no spring

Here are some with the sort of cradle, but with a more modern head shape than what Scott posted.

cradle

and one that has a more evenly cylindrical head

Personally I think this last one looks the most badass, but it is really hard to tell how the quality is looking at tiny pictures on the internet, but I figure with you being in the business, it should be pretty easy.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
They're a lot of work (keeping them fixed), the reach is real short, and they're impossible to keep clean.
To get the same effect with a lot more reach and something you can keep clean, Delta has a line where the head pulls out and it's the sprayer. They kick ass.
It won't give you "that look", and if that's what you're really digging, then get what you like. You'll always be happy with it even if it's a little extra trouble.
Do try to check one out that's set up before you buy, though.
I agree with Scott, I went with a pretty cool one that was a dark bronze finish, it works great and is easy to keep clean. Different style though obviously but the shape is similar.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Just ordered the mirabelle one. I'm going to take it for a test drive. If I don't like it, it will become part of a showroom display. Then I'll order the delta trinsic.

Though, it does have a 58" hose, hopefully that's enough reach. And solid brass construction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

The Mirabelle was "the second one". I think you made the right choice.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Just ordered the mirabelle one. I'm going to take it for a test drive. If I don't like it, it will become part of a showroom display. Then I'll order the delta trinsic.

Though, it does have a 58" hose, hopefully that's enough reach. And solid brass construction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cool, looking forward to what you think... Do you know why the stainless is almost $200 more than the polished chrome?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

I have no idea, but it's pretty much the same across the board for that particular style of faucet. The Franke was considerably higher in stainless as well.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

PL

Did you get the faucet yet? What are you initial impressions?
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Have the faucet. It's still in the box. Sucker is huge. The box is close to 3 feet long lol.

I won't be hooking it up to water supply until march. I have a trade show the first weekend in march, and it's getting set up there. Goes into my new kitchen afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #18
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Theo
Trading: (33)
HUpmann
Theo Cincy has a spectacular aura aboutTheo Cincy has a spectacular aura about

I have a spring covered faucet and I has been awesome for 6yes. Not cheap. My deterrent on the pull out faucet sprayer combo was that I saw to many stop retracting all the way in all the time. Every time we have guest over they oh and ahh over how cool/unique it looks. It is also very functional.
Theo Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

PL

What brand is yours? I feel like some of these brands make nearly identical looking models but the internals are no good or they use inferior materials, It would be cool to know one that has lasted so well.
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #20
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

My faucet willbe installed the first weekend in march. From my reps, I hear no bad things, but I wouldn't consider that as proof it's a good unit.

I know you were asking about the previous poster's findings, just commenting on what knowledge I have of this faucet do far. Really looking forward to running it through the gauntlet, to see how it performs.
Posted via Mobile Device