Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #21
irklak

Default Re: Chasidor (EdgeStar28)

Looks great!

Can't wait for my drawers from Chas!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
daboose
...I shew you a mystery..

First Name: Den
Trading: (1)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
daboose is on a distinguished road

Condensation is an issue to be dealt with, especially living in the south with no basement.

The drain hole is no longer "plugged." The machine screw is gone.

A jar now sits on the outside ledge on the backside to collect the condensation. A plastic tube runs from the drain to the top of the jar. In a sense the drain is still "plugged" because the jar is sealed.

This also gives more space on the bottom of the Chasidor for beads and airflow.

Chasidor rocks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Backside.jpg (40.1 KB, 294 views)
daboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #23
stewshi
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (23)
stewshi will become famous soon enough

daboose I want to copy your design I think its a great idea to use the tube to jar for condensation. Can you post instructions on how you changed the drain hole and what size tubes you used? Thanks
stewshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #24
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Sweet looking cooler. My chasidor is in production. Really looking forward to getting it set up.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #25
akakirby
Feeling at Home

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (20)
akakirby is on a distinguished road

Just pulled the trigger on one of these. picked up the edgestar from compactappliance.com and order 2 shelfs and 2 double cedar drawers from chasden. now the waiting begins!!
akakirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
daboose
...I shew you a mystery..

First Name: Den
Trading: (1)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
daboose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewshi View Post
daboose I want to copy your design I think its a great idea to use the tube to jar for condensation. Can you post instructions on how you changed the drain hole and what size tubes you used? Thanks
Materials used:

1) plastic tube (1/2" outside diameter 3/8" inside diameter)
2) hose clamp
3) glass jar (drilled 1/2" hole in lid for tubing)
4) Velcro

You can get tubing at Lowes or Home Depot. The inside diameter of the hose is just large enough to fit over the plastic nut that secures the drain hole fitting. It's a snug fit so a little force will be needed. The hose clamp ensures that the hose doesn't come off. DO NOT over tighten the clamp because it will leak. Tighten the clamp enough so it won't wiggle loose. I over tightened the clamp and discovered water dripping down the backside onto the ledge. Ooops. So I loosened the clamp a tad; which allowed the plastic tubing to form around the plastic nut of the drain hole.

Tube length is important. Don't cut it to where it extends to the bottom of the jar. Because once the end of the tube is under water, the condensation will no longer drain and will over flow inside the Chasidor. Cut the tube so it ends at the top of the jar. The condensate will then drain freely.

When selecting a container to collect the condensate make sure it's not to high. The tubing needs to angle down towards the top of the jar. It doesn't have to be much.

Not knowing how this would work, I also drilled a second but smaller hole in the lid, just incase to relieve any pressure. This smaller hole can always be plugged for those who don't want a 'hole' in their Chasidor.

I used the Velcro to secure the jar in place. A little piece is more than sufficient.

This set up for collecting condensation is working great.

Hope this helps.
daboose is offline   Reply With Quote