Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Fuente Fuete Opus X

First Opus I have ever had.
Had a great weekend. Hung out with friends in NYC, ate good, smoked cigars,etc. My wife and I had a weekend without kids and decided to use it to our advantage totally. Had a great Friday and relaxed all day Saturday drinking bourbon and laying around the house. Sunday came and after the Giants AND the Raiders (my afc team) won, I cooked up some monster burgers and we had some drinks and hung out. Around 9pm, I decided to open a nice Bordeaux and an Opus X. I got this one in a Holt's sampler and it is my very first one.

Great prelight smell but the draw was very loose. Toasted it up and was met initially by a toasty bitter flavor that lasted for the first inch of the smoke.After that, hints of vanilla and ceder with som nutty spice to it. The draw was still a bit loose but the firther i got in the stick,the more substantial the plumes of smoke got.

About two inches in theash dropped,the cigar lost it's bitterness and was now burning with some whited pepper,toasted nut and a lot of ceder and woodiness. the smoke got more intense and left a sweet aftertaste on my lips and tip if the tongue.

All in all this was a great smoke and a nice way to end a great weekend. Thanks for listening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg opus X 1.jpg (93.0 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpg opus X2.jpg (83.3 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg opus X3.jpg (65.5 KB, 400 views)
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
FriskyDingo
hoosierherfers.com

First Name: Evan
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
FriskyDingo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fuente Fuete Opus X

Nice review! Sounds like a nice relaxing time..

Be sure to pick up a few more Opus X's. Age them for a few years and try it again. Time does amazing things to those sticks!

-= http://www.hoosierherfers.com =-
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I read to try one when you first get it and let the others age. I do have one more and will let it sit. Wouldlike to get more though but it has a lofty pricetag.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
Waynegro1

My B&M got a box in and by the time I got there they only had one left. Yes, I bought it and it's in the humi. Now I don't know whether to let it age or smoke that bad boy.

Great review Scott. It's good to go on a date with your wife once in a while. I know it's tough to find time away from the kids.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

Thanks for the review. It was a good read. I find this to be my favorite in the Opus x line. Just the right size and if ages very well.
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote