Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Updating Your Humidifier - In Pictures -

As you have read the threads about "Viper's Beads" (or just plain ole beads) which can be bought from Heartfelt Industries. But maybe you still have questions about using them or maybe you just want to update your humidifier to the best it can be. Well in the old adage that a picture is worth a 1000 words - here is a "how-to" on the subject.
I am not going to explain how they work - there are posts on that already - I'm just going to show you some examples of how they can be used. And of course I have no vested interest in Viper's beads - just a user of them.

So - let's say that you have a nice little humidor like the one pictured below.

Now you can see that there is not a whole lot of room in there - added to that there is a plate in the lid so that the humidifier can be attached to the lid - no space lost below. Yours may have velcro of some sort. In any case - you get the idea

Here you can see the bag of beads, a cloth mesh bag, humidifier and a tool to open the case.

Inside we find the standard foam that would use either straight distilled water or a PG solution.

Notice that on the back side of the lid - we see more vent holes that are covered up by the label. Let's pop that off -

Continued in the next post:
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote