Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Vitis

Default The Fabulous Story of Puro

Just finished watching "The Fabulous Story of Puro" (Also titled "The Fabulous Story of the Cuban Cigar) while smoking an MC#4. Anyone else seen this?

It's about an hour long with some good footage of growing/harvest and curing/sorting/rolling. Also some decent interviews with historians and old timers. Nothing revolutionary here (yeah I see the irony in that statement) but certainly a good way to spend an hour on a Saturday while enjoying one of their products.

IMHO not worth owning for the $15 Amazon wants for it, but good enough to watch or pick up on the cheap, or easily findable on the net for $0.

Unfortunately the MC#4 (oct 07) was way to tight and really monolithic but none the less, the movie and the stick were an enjoyable combo.

~Vitis
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
parafumar

Default Re: The Fabulous Story of Puro

watched this off of Netflix - good place to get it for a watch, not sure it is worth more than $5 to $10 though.

Thought it was some good info / footage, especially for someone not quite part of the 'darkside' such as myself.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
hoax

The first hit off youtube, "The Fabulous Story of Poop".
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Have never seen that. May have to find a copy on the cheap.

I got a gift set last year at Christmas from CAO which had a DVD on their production. Pretty interesting stuff.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

I watched that CAO video as well. I'd never really seen the process before, so it was interesting to me. It would be really cool to see what the bigwigs of Cuba are doing. I'll keep an eye out for this video.