Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road
Default Los Blancos Cigars

I was wondering if anyone has tried this line of cigars.I was gifted a few cigars from David Blanco him self to review. They look like quality smokes. I will give a review this weekend once I have had chance to smoke them.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
Darrell

Default Re: Los Blancos Cigars

David is a cool guy. No doubt. I drove him to a liquor store once.

However, his cigars are not good. The bands and construction are nice, but the flavor is lacking significantly.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Los Blancos Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruce View Post
I was wondering if anyone has tried this line of cigars.I was gifted a few cigars from David Blanco him self to review. They look like quality smokes. I will give a review this weekend once I have had chance to smoke them.

Review it and post a picture if you can. Sounds like a winner! =bg=
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
David is a cool guy. No doubt. I drove him to a liquor store once.

However, his cigars are not good. The bands and construction are nice, but the flavor is lacking significantly.
I was a rep for him a few years back, I couldn't give away those cigars. I would take off the bands and hand them out at a few different B&M's and ask their customers what they thought of the smokes( a mix of the sumatra, conn, and maduro, he didn't have the Crillio at that time)....24 hated them, 1 liked them. Then I told them the retail price and the 1 guy flipped to the other side.

Then he chewed me out for not being able to sell his cigars(he wanted me to UPS all the samples I had back to him, on my own dime!).....funny thing was I repped for DE, Oliva and TT and had no problem selling those.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I was a rep for him a few years back, I couldn't give away those cigars. I would take off the bands and hand them out at a few different B&M's and ask their customers what they thought of the smokes( a mix of the sumatra, conn, and maduro, he didn't have the Crillio at that time)....24 hated them, 1 liked them. Then I told them the retail price and the 1 guy flipped to the other side.

Then he chewed me out for not being able to sell his cigars(he wanted me to UPS all the samples I had back to him, on my own dime!).....funny thing was I repped for DE, Oliva and TT and had no problem selling those.
We have been doing buy 3 get 1 free of Los Blancos the last 6 months, some people buy them, but not many. The Los Blancos Primos sell more than his Los Blancos brand. I think they are all **** TBH.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
The Saint

I really think the only thing those cigars having going for them is the packaging, and that ain't saying much.