Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Absinthe Afternoon

What a wonderful day! Smokin' a bunch of awesome sticks, drinking a lovely bottle of Lucid Absinthe with the wife and listening to some excellent summertime tunes! Nothing gets better than this!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Absinthe Afternoon

Amen brother!!! Enjoy.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Sounds awesome!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Amen brother!!! Enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Sounds awesome!!!
The only thing that could meke it better is to have you, my brothers, around me. Life is friggin' awesome!!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Yojimbo

It's hard to find a fellow lover of absinthe. Glad you enjoyed your day.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Gonna try some of that one of these days.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
Cornrow_Wallis
<insert user title>

First Name: Rob
Trading: (8)
Cornrow_Wallis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
It's hard to find a fellow lover of absinthe. Glad you enjoyed your day.
It sounds like you've had it once or twice, has it ever made you hallucinate(or whatever real absinthe is supposed to do)? If you don't mind me asking of course.
Cornrow_Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'll toss in my

Nope no such luck. I've had several different Absinthe's and I got nothing but a wicked hangover and REALLY drunk.

I can't even smell Absinthe anymore....
Old 05-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
fsjonsey
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
fsjonsey is on a distinguished road

Absinthe's infamous hallucinogenic properties are probably more attributable to the fact that the average absinthe is anywhere from 120-160 proof, than the tiny amount of thujone the wormwood brings to the table.

I still love the way it tastes, though. There are some great absinthe cocktails out there as well.
fsjonsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #10
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

It does sneak up on you, though! I don't think I'll be doing that again for a while.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
andromalius
Cigar Nirvana

First Name: Jon
andromalius is on a distinguished road

I enjoy cigars and I enjoy absinthe. I've never tried the two together though. I'll have to remedy that.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

Ive been wanting to try absinthe for a while now but there are no bars around here that serve it and its pretty pricey by the bottle. I have a hard time spending upwards of $60-$70 on a bottle im not sure im even going to like.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #13
andromalius
Cigar Nirvana

First Name: Jon
andromalius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra03 View Post
Ive been wanting to try absinthe for a while now but there are no bars around here that serve it and its pretty pricey by the bottle. I have a hard time spending upwards of $60-$70 on a bottle im not sure im even going to like.

Try convincing a few friends to pitch in and buy a bottle together. That way you can all try it, but if anyone decides they don't like it you're not out too much cash.

Or just make friends with someone who already has a bottle and invite yourself over for a glass.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
It is pricy, but lots cheaper than shipping it from France, now that it's legal.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromalius View Post
Try convincing a few friends to pitch in and buy a bottle together. That way you can all try it, but if anyone decides they don't like it you're not out too much cash.

Or just make friends with someone who already has a bottle and invite yourself over for a glass.
lol wish i knew someone with a bottle. I tried to get some of my drinking buddies to go in on a bottle when it was first legalized and no one wanted to. i may have to try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
It is pricy, but lots cheaper than shipping it from France, now that it's legal.
That is very true.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
This. It's nice to have a lot of great domestic absinthes available now. I've been getting back into it lately after a few years hiatus.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Do you have an Absinthe fountain?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Do you have an Absinthe fountain?
Why, yes I do, but it's not one of those nice reproductions or antiques, it's just one of those modern glass "Versinthe" ones.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
lol wish i knew someone with a bottle. I tried to get some of my drinking buddies to go in on a bottle when it was first legalized and no one wanted to. i may have to try again.

That is very true.
It is something of an acquired taste. I know that in Europe they sell smaller bottles, but I haven't seen that here, yet.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumushi View Post
This. It's nice to have a lot of great domestic absinthes available now. I've been getting back into it lately after a few years hiatus.
I've only had Kubler and Lucid since they lifted the ban. Everything else I like, that I've tried, isn't available here, yet. Lemercier Amer 72 is my favorite; three+ times the thujone of anything available here. It's too expensive now; shipping from France is a b!tch.