Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #281
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Third Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
To save on shipping costs, did you simply toss it into the air and let the gale force winds blow the package my way?
I couldn't get insurance for gale mail.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #282
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Taking all comers for bets this weekend. I'll go 5 or 10 troop cigars on whatever bets you can dream up. Sensible bets, I should say.
One I like is that we each pick two teams and their combined high score wins. That's fun.
I'll put up an extra cigar for every 2 points you give me, so if you've got any balls on ya, this could parlay into a major batch of smokes for the troops this week. Pvssies.

I texted Stephen and volunteered him for a head to head bet between us for this week. A personal fiver and a troop fiver. Plus I offered him the points deal on the troops side of the bet.

(Sorry for being so quiet this season, between sick and busy I've been afraid to take on anything I'd forget about. I'll try to be more involved.)
Old 11-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #283
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Taking all comers for bets this weekend. I'll go 5 or 10 troop cigars on whatever bets you can dream up. Sensible bets, I should say.
One I like is that we each pick two teams and their combined high score wins. That's fun.
I'll put up an extra cigar for every 2 points you give me, so if you've got any balls on ya, this could parlay into a major batch of smokes for the troops this week. Pvssies.

I texted Stephen and volunteered him for a head to head bet between us for this week. A personal fiver and a troop fiver. Plus I offered him the points deal on the troops side of the bet.

(Sorry for being so quiet this season, between sick and busy I've been afraid to take on anything I'd forget about. I'll try to be more involved.)
I think whoever wins between you and I should donate an extra ten smokes for collecting a win against roadkill.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #284
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Alright Scott
I'll take:
Huston and Denver combined points to your two teams that you choose. Troop 5'er on the line.

Pick your poison wisely my friend
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #285
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Scott, ill take Green Bay and Houston, ill give you 2 points to start depending on your picks for a troop fiver. Ill go head to head with you and spot you 6 points. And as an added if either of us wins both bets, it's an extra troop 5 and a personal 5.

Let me know if this is a go.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #286
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Scott, ill take Green Bay and Houston, ill give you 2 points to start depending on your picks for a troop fiver. Ill go head to head with you and spot you 6 points. And as an added if either of us wins both bets, it's an extra troop 5 and a personal 5.

Finally getting interesting
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #287
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Alright Scott
I'll take:
Huston and Denver combined points to your two teams that you choose. Troop 5'er on the line.

When he did this last year, I believe he used fantasy teams within our league, not actual NFL teams.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #288
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
When he did this last year, I believe he used fantasy teams within our league, not actual NFL teams.
We can do that too. Up to him, let me know shilala
Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #289
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Alright Scott
I'll take:

Stephen was right, but we can go ahead and use NFL teams just the same.
I'll take Tampa Bay and Atlanta in our bet for a troop fiver.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #290
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

On Coach's bet, it's a go, and I'll take Tampa and Atlanta there.
I keep looking at it and don't quite understand the terms. Someone break it down for me so I can pay up when the time comes, will ya?

I need some more bets, too.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #291
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

First off...cool, thanks for choosing NFL teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post

Quote:
On Coach's bet, it's a go, and I'll take Tampa and Atlanta there.
I keep looking at it and don't quite understand the terms. Someone break it down for me so I can pay up when the time comes, will ya?

I need some more bets, too.
Broken down especially for Shilala
-Coach takes Green Bay and Houston, He is giving you 2 points with your pick of Atlanta and Tampa Bay (so from your post, if you lose by more than 2 points to him, you lose a 5'er plus 1 more for the 2 points he is spotting you, so you would owe 6. If you win or lose by 2 points or less, he pays a troop 5'er.

-He wants to go head to head with you in the FF week and spot you 6 points. If you win, or lose by 6 points or less, he pays a troop 5'er, if you lose by more than 6 points you owe a troop 5'er.

-If either you or him win both bets, the loser has to put in another troop 5'er and a personal 5'er to the other person.

Potential lost sticks...15 troops, 5 personal.

Whew...got it

I only broke this down in the chance that Coach doesn't get back on to do it himself before the games. Coach, update as needed.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #292
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Thanks Cole!!!
I wasn't sure if the head to head was a troop fiver or personal fiver. I'm perfectly good with the terms as you laid them out. I hope that's what Mike meant.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #293
jkim05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (17)
PL
jkim05 is on a distinguished road

I'll take you on Scott, whatever you want to bet.
jkim05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #294
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkim05 View Post
I'll take you on Scott, whatever you want to bet.
You have to put it in plain English for Scott to understand...

Scott, Jeremy wants to make a bet with you. He is allowing you to choose the bet and the payout. You understand?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #295
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Lol, thanks Cole.
Jeremy, how bout a troop fiver? The bet is lowest total points in an ff matchup this week. I'll take my matchup between Stephen and I. You can take whoever you want.
I'll extend the "For every two points you give me, I'll go another troop smoke" deal, too. You could make me lose lots of cigars.

If you want my matchup with Stephen, I'll pick a different one.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #296
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good to me!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #297
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Daumn I lost by like 2 points! Come on Drew Brees, throw one more pass for 5 yards

Looks like after half the season we have found that no one is unstoppable, and that the race for 3rd and 4th is getting heated.

Also, bump for Pass status.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #298
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Daumn I lost by like 2 points!
Well, you could be losing by 80 like I've been lately, that's always a nice treat.
Quote:
Also, bump for Pass status.
I have it at the house. Haven't had a chance to go through it yet, and won't have an opportunity tonight. Will try to do so tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #299
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I think my bets shook out like this...
I lost to Cole, I owe a troop fiver.
I lost one to Coach and he lost one to me, we each owe a troop fiver.
Stephen lost to me, he owes me a fiver and a troop fiver.
Jeremy and I never finished our bet, but I'll assume I lost that one and owe a troop fiver.
Does that all sound right? Did I miss anything?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #300
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, I am going to be in Myrtle Beach until next Friday. Just a thought, but I may need to be a little later in line on the pass to keep it going. Perhaps sending it to Mattso3000 next is a good idea. I could go after him or later on, whatever works best.