Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's snowing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmancbr View Post
Scott,

technically we haven't had a real snow yet in the front range. It was sprinkled and then froze while it was doing that so there was some dust, but it never stuck on the ground...

I have to say, its almost November and no snow yet in CO... weird...
The ground freezes here generally the week after Christmas.
Last year it never froze at all. Add to that the freeze is a month+ late and strange things are definately happening.
It's hard to see how things are changing when I'm inside all the time. Up till just 2-3 years ago I had a farm, grew fruit treees, and raised lots of animals. You just know "when it's time" for things to happen because you learn over the years. Allows you to schedule your winter work. (Now I live in town and just have a garden and flowerbeds.)
In the last few years on the "farm" I was cleaning mud in chicken coops in January and February. That wasn't right. It screwed up my work schedule, too.
I was planting weeks earlier and last frost came earlier and earlier. I like that part.

The one thing that very much concerns me is that here, many, many plants rely on the seeds freezing in order for them to germinate the following year. We also rely on a nice hard nasty winter to killl bugs and animals to keep the populations in check.
If we don't see a hard winter this year, there's gonna be so many turkeys and deer that I won't be able to drive across town without hitting one. Literally. It's really wrong.

I don't know what it means, but things here in my little corner of the world have changed dramatically in the last 10 years. I'd be concerned if it weren't for all the smart people telling me it's all bullshit.

Last edited by shilala; 10-29-2008 at 01:14 PM.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #22
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
ttiwwp! :d
What language are you speaking Bao?
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
What language are you speaking Bao?
He wants a picture.
I took pics this morning but Kerri just took my camera to the basketball game. I'll post a couple up later.
Hope you guys will, too!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #24
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

is snow relatively new to the East?
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #25
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
He wants a picture.
I took pics this morning but Kerri just took my camera to the basketball game. I'll post a couple up later.
Hope you guys will, too!!!
I'm slow after what we have been through the last month or so, but it finally dawned on me what it means with your hint scott.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #26
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Scott, hate to tell you this, but I just finished a Punch Gran Puro on the front porch, and it's 62 degrees or so.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #27
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

Got a dusting of snow this morning. To the west in Lake Placid area, they got a foot of snow.
Mikey202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #28
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Snowing now... has been for a little while.
DBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #29
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

This morning I had ice and snow to brush off my car. I really need to find a job down south. I hate the snow and cold with a passion.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #30
AdamC

I would die if it snowed here so early. I had a feeling this would be a bad winter. It rained pretty hard here yesterday. Rained a little today. Cold as hell too.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #31
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Scott, hate to tell you this, but I just finished a Punch Gran Puro on the front porch, and it's 62 degrees or so.
I officially hate you.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #32
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Snowing now... has been for a little while.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #33
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

It snowed in South Florida today also.

OK, maybe that was just me dreaming.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #34
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
I officially hate you.
Wish you were here, my friend.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #35
TRicker

Snowing again, my cars covered. Last night we got about 2 inches, but the ground melted it as soon as it it.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #36
pearson
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (5)
Army (Active)
pearson is on a distinguished road

girrmumblesonofagrumblegirr

I just moved from the phoenix to kansas city and it is friggen COLD here I cant wait to go back to the desert.
pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #37
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road

Nothing here.

I love the snow and I'd really like it for the snow to start flying for deer season. Plus I gotta try out the new truck in the slippery stuff.
AAlmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #38
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm giddy with the anticipation of freezing my balls off.
Our hanging baskets and bedding flowers lasted until the 19th of October.
In all my life they have never lasted past September 20th.
So it was nice when it lasted. We had the best spring and summer I've seen in a lot of years, and the garden came in at a 10. Rain was plentiful and at perfect intervals, temperature stayed up nicely, and I can't think of a single complaint except that the kids never used the City Pool pass I bought.

Did it snow where you guys are yet?
For the record, it snowed here earlier today so I suppose officially the first snow was on Oct 28th.
I'm in Sussex Borough NJ and yes we got snow. High Point (7 miles away) got six inches and I heard the pocono mtns got a foot.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #39
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Here in Colorado Springs there hasn't been any snow. In fact, it's been in the 70s for the last week. I've been enjoying mild evenings on the deck smoking cigars with Mrs Brew.

csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote