Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Outlaw God
John 3:16

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (2)
Outlaw God is on a distinguished road
Default Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 49 Review

Retail $18. 7 5/8×49
Prelight: Molasses, delicious, nice and oily
1st 1/3
Wow! Sweet sager cain, molasses, fruity cognac, I'm in love
Draw could be a little looser
Complex flavor profile, spicy cocoa, sweet sager cain, molasses, fruity cognac,
thick oil mouth feel, sweet cedar, mild-medium, did I say WOW!
Slow burner nice burn, how all cigars should be.
Slowly aged 5 years in cognac barrels, O baby I can tell

2nd 1/3
Creamy goodness made in heaven
Spicy cocoa, sweet sager cain, molasses, fruity cognac, thick oil mouthfeel, sweet cedar still going strong.
I get no pepper as some taste and hate pepper in a cigars with a passion.
Where was I in 2008 when this one born?

Last 1/3
Just getting more intense and tasty
1 hour and 45 min
Score 10 out of 10 heaven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090940.jpg (111.9 KB, 194 views)
Old 06-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 49 Review

I love it when a cigar tastes like Bob Sager Cain. It's pretty hard to find cigars that are slowly aged for 5 years, my B&M only carries the quick aged stuff. Nice review. I always seem to be underway when my cigars are born.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

This is hands down my favorite cigar period!! I don't know where youre from but around me these retail for around $12. Everyone always talks about the sharks, they are VERY good and I buy them when I can get them the 49 is my fav cigar. I have 2 boxes of these bad boys, one from '11 and one from '12. I pulled out a '11 49 the other day, it was the first time I had one in a while, and thought man these are huge and will take forever to smoke why do I like these so much, after an inch in I remembered EXACTLY why I love these so much. Pure heaven, these with 1-2 years on them are phenomenal, after that I feel they loose a little something! Glad to see a review of these in here and keep up the good work and keep the reviews coming Outlaw God!!!
-Gabe
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Outlaw God
John 3:16

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (2)
Outlaw God is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe215 View Post
This is hands down my favorite cigar period!! I don't know where youre from but around me these retail for around $12. Everyone always talks about the sharks, they are VERY good and I buy them when I can get them the 49 is my fav cigar. I have 2 boxes of these bad boys, one from '11 and one from '12. I pulled out a '11 49 the other day, it was the first time I had one in a while, and thought man these are huge and will take forever to smoke why do I like these so much, after an inch in I remembered EXACTLY why I love these so much. Pure heaven, these with 1-2 years on them are phenomenal, after that I feel they loose a little something! Glad to see a review of these in here and keep up the good work and keep the reviews coming Outlaw God!!!
-Gabe
$12. I'd buy them all day long at that, smoking one from 2011 would be amazing.
Don't think the ones I have would last more then to the end of this year they way I love them.
Thanks Brother!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Hahaha yea believe me when I say this, one year on them makes all the difference!! ROTT they are great- one year they are divine!!! And yes at $11 + 8% sales tax let's me stay stocked to gills with Anejos!! Plus every September Holt's in center city Philadelphia has Fuente Mania which has every size/shape of Opus/Anejo/Casa Fuente in existence at a great price plus deals on box purchases I'm like a kid in a candy store, needless to say I take off work to go and stock up!!
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote