Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Perdomo Grand Cru-corojo Torpedo

This Perdomo Grand Cru is a real surprise to me. The profile is much bolder and spicier than the rest of the Perdomo line.
This torpedo vitola has a medium brown ,oily corojo wrapper, the seams are very clean,the stick iswell bunched, firmly rolled and heavy.The pre-light exam shows mature,spicy tobacco aromas,and a sweet ,tingly tobacco taste.
The first third of this smoke is a treat,caramel,a dry flinty finish,herbal aromas,notes of oak,roots,deep and complex flavors.
The second half kicks it up,getting very robust,a peppery ligero "twang" a stoney dry finish,big aromas of spice and clean cedar,a bold and very big Perdomo,creamy overnotes,complex and compelling.
The final third smooths out,there is a nice saltiness,still a dry finish,caramel notes,a slight fruitiness, very firm on the palate,a lingering finish.
The burn was good,self correcting,this smoke was a real treat,very big and bold,but not agressive.Easily the most powerful Perdomo I have tried,this is a real find.The Perdomo company has a solid winner in this blend,complex,bold and totally compelling,you will not lose interest in this smoke,it will grab you and hang on.....I rate this one 8.5 of 10 strength,18.5 of 20 overall....
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
scooter

Default Re: Perdomo Grand Cru-corojo Torpedo

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a nice cigar.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
DougBushBC

Default Re: Perdomo Grand Cru-corojo Torpedo

I'll be honest I had this smoke at a pre-release party, and it was absolutely 100% terrible. I wanted to throw it out, and did with Billy Perdomo standing there. Every smoker there said the same thing. Glad to hear you had a good one, maybe ill give it a try again myabe it was a bad box