Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #2941
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Photography Thread

Nice brad. I kinda like the shallowish DOF on the BBQ
Old 06-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #2942
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Old 06-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #2943
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Old 06-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #2944
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #2945
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #2946
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #2947
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #2948
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #2949
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Nice shots Ron!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #2950
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

IMG_2294 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #2951
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

This one was shot through the window and mesh screen in my in-laws back door! Focus was on the eagles face and I used f/4 so the screen wouldn't show up. Wish I coulda used like f8 or f9

IMG_2316 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #2952
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Ron, you know I love the animals.......

Win for me this weekend. I bought my sister a 50mm 1.8 Nikkor so she'd have a decent low-light lens,
and for fun, I picked up this lens for me.....

It was $20, and the aperture was stuck. Now I do not have a very great history of taking things apart and
putting them back together, but over time, I have had a few victories on stuck mechanisms on old tape
decks and such that did not require anything but some jiggling and maybe a little dis-assembly. Problem is,
these lenses are pretty complex inside, so I REALLY figured I would most likely destroy it, giving me a few
lenses to burn ants with, and if I got it to work, I would have a cheap 70-300 to carry around when I didn't
want to get something better ruined. On the day it was delivered to work, I tried to take it apart and found
I needed a finer screwdriver than I had here once I got past the mount.

So on Friday after work, I took it further apart, and got the aperture unstuck, put it back together and took it out
for a quick test shoot. Halfway down the greenway, the thing looked like it was gonna break in half. I got it home
and took it down again, this time a little further. Apparently the previous owner had tried to fix it, and couldn't,
but half re-assembled it for a quick sale to the used dept. There were three screws that were loose inside. I tightened
them up and put it all back together and it worked fine. It has a REALLY nice macro feature with 4 settings, it is a
so-so focuser speed-wise, but for the most part is sharp enough. While it is extremely cheap in overall build quality,
I bet it is worth $100-$125 new, so I septupled it's value, lol. I am not going to buy any more beat lenses, although
I did want to try and de-fungus a short prime instead of this one, but that prime 50mm was 60 bucks. Not worth trying that.
I like a $20 project much more.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #2953
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Kitty!

IMG_2382 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_2372 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_2365 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_2353 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #2954
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

CATS!
I thought that show closed?
Damn those eyes look WILD.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #2955
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
CATS!
I thought that show closed?
Damn those eyes look WILD.
Yeh she has awesome eyes! Those were all shot at ISO 6400.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #2956
OLS
Suck It

I wish I could just randomly pull out MY full frame camera and shoot with it. But that sucker stays in the
closet til I HAVE TO USE IT, lol. It's like the Iron Shiek's knees, it ain't got many flexes left in it.

On that note though, I finally got around to checking the shutter count on my NEW old D90. 8069. That made me
VERY happy. That means two D90s and only about 15k shutter acts between them. Whew. I love the idea of
full frame A LOT, but that D90 REALLY pleases me in real time situations. I am always happy with what I come
home with even though I sometimes force it to create bad shots. What I most want is to STOP SPENDING MONEY
on camera stuff and just take pics. If I had listened to Justin, I'd be buying a house by now.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #2957
GWN
Snow City

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough

Couple of garden pix shot with my P7000. Left the D200 in the bag.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #2958
MrClean
Bald Man

Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Nice pics Jeff!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #2959
OLS
Suck It

Ahh, another D200 user. I love mine. YES its OLD, but only in dog years. And man do I love being able to
strap on an $60, old, heavy, optically juicy lens on it and shoot away with full metering functions. Great
camera.

Nice pics, too, I ALMOST bought one of those 7000s this morning surfing the used market, but in terms
of point and shoots, I guess I am gonna keep my ten year old model. I wish I was the kind of guy that actually
needed the 'slip it into a pocket' ability my brain seems to think I need to complement my DSLRs, but if that day
arrives and I need a pocket cam, I doubt I will be fussing about my little ELPH's lack of this or that. I am just
happy it still WORKS, lol.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #2960
OLS
Suck It

City Park "Storyland", New Orleans, LA