Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #61
MithShrike

Default Re: What would you do if...... (awesome content)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-easy View Post
definitely the credit card gift card if that is an option, if not probably amazon.com, they sell everything
Old 01-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #62
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Awww now don't go crushing a mans dreams. Not everyone is capable of awesome content. Some are more pedestrian in their thinking. Lacking the experience and occasionally the intellect to provide content which would measure up to the expected awesome standards here.

I view this thread as a cry for mentors who can provided examples of the path to "awesomeness". A deep rooted need, while unfocused or even understood by the OP, expressing itself through unintended but subliminally shouted, "show me the path".

Who does not long for a role model? And, what better role model then one of awesomeness?

We're here for ya s15!

Dave,

I see what you're saying. I know that not everyone can come up with timely and provocative subjects like cake, Jerry, sock drawers, nicknames, etc. I just feel the "awesome content' disclaimer has been a bit abused here. I have never in my history of posting to any forum or newsgroup played the "awesome content" card. My shtick is not for everyone. I feel that fewer than 27% of people would say that I have ever posted "awesome content" therefore, I do not ever wave the "awesome content" flag around my posts. When a youngster comes in and goes where I will not, it makes my a little upset. Thank you for understanding my position (missionary) and for your cheesy mustache.

MCS

Hot dogs cannot talk.
MajorCaptSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #63
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Some seriously sick funny stuff in this thread.

Somebody help me.
Please help me.
What the heck is this "awesome content stuff all about?
I just got from under my rock.

Oh, and to address the original thread.
Why on earth would I want to buy a $200 gift certificate with a $200 gift certificate?
(just kidding, I think I know what you meant).
Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #64
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
Dave,

I see what you're saying. I know that not everyone can come up with timely and provocative subjects like cake, Jerry, sock drawers, nicknames, etc. I just feel the "awesome content' disclaimer has been a bit abused here. I have never in my history of posting to any forum or newsgroup played the "awesome content" card. My shtick is not for everyone. I feel that fewer than 27% of people would say that I have ever posted "awesome content" therefore, I do not ever wave the "awesome content" flag around my posts. When a youngster comes in and goes where I will not, it makes my a little upset. Thank you for understanding my position (missionary) and for your cheesy mustache.

MCS

Hot dogs cannot talk.
A sign that the Apocalypse is near....

Took the "credit card users" (daughters) to the bank to do some things today. We are in the branch managers office and she steps out. Get into a conversation about some of my organizational involvements and meetings this past weekend.

Oldest asks what my position is on the board....

I answer... it typically feels like doggie. Think it might be the first "reference" that I have ever used to either of them. Shock turned to giggles and then uncontrollable laughter. Might be an "evolutionary" turning point in our relationship, though not sure if it's a good one.

Apologies for the lack of awesomeness in this post.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #65
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

Quote:

Took the "credit card users" (daughters) to the bank to do some things today. We are in the branch managers office and she steps out. Get into a conversation about some of my organizational involvements and meetings this past weekend.

I answer... it typically feels like doggie. Think it might be the first "reference" that I have ever used to either of them. Shock turned to giggles and then uncontrollable laughter. Might be an "evolutionary" turning point in our relationship, though not sure if it's a good one.

Probably one of the most awesome posts I have ever read!

MCS
Old 01-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #66
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Probably one of the most awesome posts I have ever read!

MCS

Some of the funniest moments in life happen when one person who is thought of within a certain light or regard makes a joke that levels the playing field of humor and age. I can remember when my mother made a dirty joke towards me about not "Doing it" with my GF the night before a marathon else I wouldn't cross the finish line. I could not stop laughing for it was the first joke of that type I've heard from her.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #67
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

This is truly awesome.

You guys have touched me. (please let me know when you can touch me again)
Old 01-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #68
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
This is truly awesome.

You guys have touched me. (please let me know when you can touch me again)
Old 01-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #69
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post

Some of the funniest moments in life happen when one person who is thought of within a certain light or regard makes a joke that levels the playing field of humor and age. I can remember when my mother made a dirty joke towards me about not "Doing it" with my GF the night before a marathon else I wouldn't cross the finish line. I could not stop laughing for it was the first joke of that type I've heard from her.
One of the hardest laughs I have ever had came when I was maybe 8-9 and my Dad's mom came to Detroit from Florida to visit. My Grandma was probably 70 at the time, and I don't think I ever remembered her laughing.

My Dad was ordering desert for 4 of us at a restaurant, and ordered 4 hot fudge sundaes, and told them to bring one without nuts as he knew I did not like them on my sundae.

My Grandma blurts out "Hold who's nuts!!??" to the waitress and my Dad. We sit there in shock for 5 seconds, and then me, my Dad and my Grandma had one of the greatest laughs, for several minutes, ever.

I know it wasn't a "turning point" moment like Dave's, but it is probably my favorite memory of my Grandma who has been gone for 30+ years. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #70
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dave,

MCS

Hot dogs cannot talk.
I guess I'm one of the 27%. I think most MCS posts are full of "awesome content". But then again, I have a strange sense of humor.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #71
nozero

Thumbs up Re: What would you do if...... (awesome content)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Do they have gift cards?
Yes Sir!
http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...Ntt=gift+cards

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...av_giftcert_ba

Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #72
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post

I'll add a funny story of my own. Me and a friend of mine drove from NJ to Florida (just north of Tampa) for our spring break of either my freshman or sophmore year of college. We were going to visit a high school friend who moved down there for college and was living with his grandparents to save some money. My buddy was out and he thought, based on when we left, that we would show up around 6:00 PM, but we got there around 3:30 instead.

Anyway, we get there and the only person home is his grandpa. We were watching a Cubs spring training game with the 70+ year old man, pretty much in complete silence. Quite uncomfortable. My Florida friend's 15 or 16 year old female cousin walks in wearing very very very short shorts...like Daisy Dukes. Well grandpa says, without hesitating..."if those shorts were any shorter you'd have two more cheeks to paint and more hair to comb." Me and my buddy couldn't stop laughing. The conversation with gramps was much better after he let that one out!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #73
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
My Florida friend's 15 or 16 year old female cousin walks in wearing very very very short shorts...like Daisy Dukes. Well grandpa says, without hesitating..."if those shorts were any shorter you'd have two more cheeks to paint and more hair to comb." Me and my buddy couldn't stop laughing. The conversation with gramps was much better after he let that one out!

its funny that you say that. I find that so many times once that barrier is broken by a common ground taboo you really see people of "different generations" open up. No one ever thinks that a grumpy old quiet grandpa would have the sense of humor of a young sailor.

The idea is that "we're all guys here" y'know? we all think the same things (essentially). too many times we treat our elders like autonomous priests who we are afraid to open up to.... If you open up to them more than half the time you'll find that hey are much more alike to you than you think...

My grandpa told me a joke once (i was 17 at the time) and he and i were sitting there alone in the living room on some holiday some odd years ago...

(keep in mind he was a sailor on the Navy during WW2 and a decorated soldier who saved an entire submarine full of men through a brave act, he.... at age 83 would still get up early and work out, he was built like a brick shithouse and was very militant and serious most his life...towards us kids)

the joke goes like this...MY grandpa says this to me...

"I was sitting at a bus dtop in downtown Youngstown about 15 years ago and i saw a punk rocker kid there with a mowhak that was blue, red, green, and purple....

....i sat and stared at the kid until he said "hey man, what the hell are you looking at??" (in a snyde manner)

"i replied..."well, i just had to take a good look son, as you know... times were tough during the war and when i was overseas some 20 odd years ago i was lonely and i had sex with a peacock... im sorry for staring but, i just wanted to see if you were my long lost son"

my face turned beat red!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #74
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I guess I'm one of the 27%. I think most MCS posts are full of "awesome content". But then again, I have a strange sense of humor.
Andy,

Thank you for your support. If we ever meet, I will squeeze your ass when we hug.

MCS
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #75
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Andy,

Thank you for your support. If we ever meet, I will squeeze your ass when we hug.

MCS
Good thing hot dogs can't talk.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #76
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Andy,

MCS
Be gentle. My ass is a little shy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Good thing hot dogs can't talk.
Sure is, they'd be jealous of my ass otherwise.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #77
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Pre-supposing a soft-determinist/compatibalist world, (i.e. The willing in “the world” is limited by pre-existent social structures/physical limits to finite choice-options) which this author appears to adhere to, (as well as being a materialist I suppose) the “self” (i.e. The “I” or ego) is shaped, in part, by these pre-existent “structures” that we are castaway into/ our pre-determined genetic organization/ and our finite will imposing, and intruding into the pre-existents, thus altering the pre-existents, which in turn, alter the self. Ad infinitum. It appears, to my thinking at least, that these three “aspects” (e.g. the self/will/pre-existent social structures) work in an inter-dependent relationship.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #78
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Be gentle. My ass is a little shy.

Sure is, they'd be jealous of my ass otherwise.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #79
Studebaker
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Studebaker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Pre-supposing a soft-determinist/compatibalist world, (i.e. The willing in “the world” is limited by pre-existent social structures/physical limits to finite choice-options) which this author appears to adhere to, (as well as being a materialist I suppose) the “self” (i.e. The “I” or ego) is shaped, in part, by these pre-existent “structures” that we are castaway into/ our pre-determined genetic organization/ and our finite will imposing, and intruding into the pre-existents, thus altering the pre-existents, which in turn, alter the self. Ad infinitum. It appears, to my thinking at least, that these three “aspects” (e.g. the self/will/pre-existent social structures) work in an inter-dependent relationship.
I feel I must respond to this.

HUH?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #80
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studebaker View Post
I feel I must respond to this.

HUH?
cort is offline   Reply With Quote