Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Paulmac
CA Noob Ambassador

Trading: (0)
Paulmac is on a distinguished road
Default Fedora shops

Hey all,
Wife is looking to get a couple fedoras for me, and since I know us cigar and pipe folks have been known to enjoy such things, anybody got any recommended online stores?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice
Default Re: Fedora shops

dot
thefedorastore
dot
com

Last edited by mmblz; 07-11-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
dot
thefedorastore
dot
com

Last edited by mmblz; 07-11-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I would suggest finding a local store to try some on for style and sizing. Not all fit the same. I have tried a number of them on and found maybe 4 that looked good on me. Have fun with your hunt for the right hat.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
I would suggest finding a local store to try some on for style and sizing. Not all fit the same. I have tried a number of them on and found maybe 4 that looked good on me. Have fun with your hunt for the right hat.
Sadly, hat shops are a rare thing these days.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

We have a couple of shops near my house that specializes in "older" mens clothing. They carry some.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Trading: (1)
Flounder is on a distinguished road

The only special hat I wear is a cowboy hat (straw in the summer, felt in the winter), luckily for me we have a handful of local western stores.

As for the fedora, see if you have a semi-local hatter. Here in Rochester we have Dave Brown who's made hats for John Wayne, Indiana Jones, etc, my Dad has gotten a few hat made from him, nothing like the custom fit/ feeling, built to your specifications.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Here's the website for my local haberdasher shop. They have a wide array of styles. Only a few true fedoras, but some have a wider definition than they do, so it may be worth a peek around.

http://www.johnhelmer.com/
Old 06-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

What's that you say?? Looking for a good FEZ??
http://www.fez-o-rama.com/
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

always wanted to go here while I was in Chicago - never got around to it:

http://www.optimohats.com/
Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I appreciate the fedorastore link that Dave posted. I just ordered a Indiana Jonez hat and also a black fedora of similar shape for less adventurous, but nonetheless stylish ramblings. Sadly, I SHOULD have gone to Mister Hats here in Memphis,
but by the time I get off work, there is little time to make it to that side of town, and internet ordering and delivery to my
desk is just too easy. Here's hoping that that store makes it, even without my two hats. AND not for nuthin', but Mr. Hats
did not have the hat I was looking for, and the fedorastore had two that I wanted for the price of one here in town that
was merely the closest I could find to what I wanted. Problem with these hats is that I SWEAT like nobody's business,
so I am sure I will ruin them both the first time out. Especially my Indy hat, which is for hiking in the Smokies this summer.
You never see Indy with a salt line that looks like the Dow Jones, not Indy Jones.

Last edited by OLS; 06-14-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

very nice i wish i could find a couple of the nub cigar ones, they were really cool...
nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

If you're looking for a cheap one, Target and Kohls carries them.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
OLS
Suck It

Were I truly dedicated to wearing such a hat, or rather, were I capable of keeping a nice hat long term,
I would have easily been able to justify the 150 dollar hat, but again, I might ruin both of these their first
time out. I also liked the style of the Optimo hat guy, as well as his kicka55 website.