Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation
Default Re: Don't be a [male sexual organ]...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
i only pass on the right if i have to...if you cant figure out what my flashing lights and honking horn means then you shouldn't be driving
This is one of the ones I hate.

When people are flashing their lights and honking as they are riding in the passing lane thinking everyone has to get out of their way because they are honking and flashing their lights. It's a passing lane, not a go-fast lane.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #22
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
This is one of the ones I hate.

When people are flashing their lights and honking as they are riding in the passing lane thinking everyone has to get out of their way because they are honking and flashing their lights. It's a passing lane, not a go-fast lane.
when you've planted your ass there for the better part of a mile with plenty of room to get over you get what you get. if it was legal i'd run them off the road. the speed limit on most of the interstate that I drive in VA is 70, the cops give you 80 I set my cruise on 75...if I have to scrub off 10 miles an hour because you've decided to have a camp fire in the left hand lane you're going to get honked at/flashed. you want to put along, stay in the right lane or middle lane if there is one.

i don't get riled up about people being in the left lane and not getting over right away. people get distracted, you forget where you are, it happens. but when you clearly have someone behind you who is trying to get past....MOVE THE **** OVER! if you're not passing someone get out of the lane
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #23
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
when you've planted your ass there for the better part of a mile with plenty of room to get over you get what you get. if it was legal i'd run them off the road. the speed limit on most of the interstate that I drive in VA is 70, the cops give you 80 I set my cruise on 75...if I have to scrub off 10 miles an hour because you've decided to have a camp fire in the left hand lane you're going to get honked at/flashed. you want to put along, stay in the right lane or middle lane if there is one.

i don't get riled up about people being in the left lane and not getting over right away. people get distracted, you forget where you are, it happens. but when you clearly have someone behind you who is trying to get past....MOVE THE **** OVER! if you're not passing someone get out of the lane
Exactly, especially if the left lane lurker is pacing slower moving traffic, causing a traffic jam, like I mentioned. I see it all the time, especially on I-94 through Detroit.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #24
fid
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
fid is on a distinguished road

I agree with pretty much most of the opinions here. My personal pet peeve is when I am driving on the highway and a state owned vehicle blows by me doing 90mph, or driving erratically. While these vehicles do not have a "How's my driving?" sign, they do have license plates and individual vehicle numbers on the door. I write down both numbers and report them. As far as i am concerned that is my car they are driving, and they better be driving it like I would.
fid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #25
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

My personal pet peeve is when the Direct TV guy is late!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

Good job Jeff!!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #27
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

It's really hard to imagine one of those guys being in a hurry, when your appointments are "between 8 and 12 and
between 12 and 4" and you get there are 5:30pm and waste someone else's entire day.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
I disagree. I hate a D()ck as much as the next person, but if you are blocking the fast lane,
you should get the hell out of it, whether the person is going too fast for your taste or not.
When people adopt the position you have advocated, THIS is when you get these punk dumases
weaving in and out of 3-5 lanes of traffic at 90 talking on the cell phone, barely clearing car's bumpers.
The fact that they are jack-asses does not mean you should be one, too, and block them.
EVERYBODY can't be an a55hole. Leave that to the pros.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #29
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

I can't stand when people ride on your a$$...it just makes me want to slam on my brakes.

I-93 in the Boston area is a nightmare because during rush hour you're allowed to use the breakdown lane as a regular lane of traffic. The majority of the people stay out of the lane, but you have these idiots that pull into the breakdown lane and try to fly ahead of the traffc, but then they go barreling into the people that are trying to merge onto the highway.

I hope the guy that came up with that idea lost his job...
Old 06-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #30
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I disagree. I hate a D()ck as much as the next person, but if you are blocking the fast lane,
you should get the hell out of it, whether the person is going too fast for your taste or not.
When people adopt the position you have advocated, THIS is when you get these punk dumases
weaving in and out of 3-5 lanes of traffic at 90 talking on the cell phone, barely clearing car's bumpers.
The fact that they are jack-asses does not mean you should be one, too, and block them.
EVERYBODY can't be an a55hole. Leave that to the pros.
Oh no, I move out of their way. Hell I let those guys pass just because I'd rather have them way in front of me than anywhere near me.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #31
kickerb

yup! slower traffic keep right!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
I've been noticing that with higher gas prices now, there have been a a lot of times where people seem to be running some sort of rolling road block on the freeways. 70 MPH limit, and all three lanes are occupied by people doing only 50 to 55, with a huge gap of about a quarter mile in front of them. And they like to try to keep people from passing, too. If a gap forms, they speed up to close it off. Then you have a traffic jam forming behind this, with people jockeying around trying to get around it, or trying to get to the right to exit.
These people I call "Traffic Anchors". I can't stand them. I only call them that to give them the benefit of the doubt. What doubt? Well I have to assume they are oblivious to the fact they are dragging down the flow of traffic. I'm pretty sure this is a citable offense known as impeding traffic. If I did not assume they were oblivious, I would have to think worse; that they were the interstate "nanny" protecting me from going as fast as I want. Newsflash for that guy, going 5 mph over, or impeding is just as illegal as going 10 mph over. One might carry a higher fine, but both are still technically illegal. So, get over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
And if you are going to drive fast, stay in the right lane. Unless you are passing.

That is what the left lane is for.
QFT. This is a fact. Too bad LEO do not enforce this more rigidly. Then people wouldn't have to pass on the right. My pet peeve is that everyone wants to drive 5 mph under the limit in the passing lane, the 10-15 mph under are in the middle, and NOBODY is in the right lane. As far as I know it is not illegal to pass on the right in Michigan, so this situation prompts me to do just that.

Quote:
It's really hard to imagine one of those guys being in a hurry, when your appointments are "between 8 and 12 and
between 12 and 4" and you get there are 5:30pm and waste someone else's entire day.
8-12? DTV told me to be home between January and March.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Especially considering the incident in my OP occurred just a few minutes after 7 am.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #34
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Don't get me started on people driving in the snow!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #35
bishjd123
Have a Smoke and a Smile

Trading: (16)
bishjd123 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty forgiving until someone cuts me off to the point I've got to take evasive action to avoid hitting them. I just hope karma catches up with them.
bishjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #36
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
... When we get into the city, I pull up behind him at a light and notice the sticker. When I got home, I made a phone call and had a nice chat with one of the reps. I understand DirecTV is very strict about driving complaints. Moron. Posted via Mobile Device
I would've done the same thing Jeff Of course, on the other hand, I've always wanted a couple of 50's mounted on the Ford Focus to smoke a vehicle off the road too
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #37
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
I would've done the same thing Jeff Of course, on the other hand, I've always wanted a couple of 50's mounted on the Ford Focus to smoke a vehicle off the road too
I've always wanted the car from the old Spyhunter arcade game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote