Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
whodeeni

Thumbs up Joya De Nicarague Serie C Belicoso

Size: 6 x 54
Shape: Belicoso
Wrapper: Ecuador
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Price: $6.60

The wrapper is Golden in Color, it has a very Rich Gold Hue that is shiny and oily.
The Torpedo tip appears to be a triple cap to me. This looks like an old style torpedo
vitola. I sniff the wrapper and I smell sweet clean tobacco. I sniff the foot and I smell
fragrant hay and sweet grass. It smells like the barns of my father's clients after they
just cleaned out the stalls and put in fresh bales of hay for the animals.
(He's a veterinarian!)

There is a lot of heft to this baby and it feels great in my hand... I clipped the cap and I
notice this very distinct musty/peanutty flavor. It kind of has a liquorish type of taste to it.
I taste hay, pepper, and cinnamon as well.

1st 3rd: Flavors of faint pepper, tobacco(very clean), and cedar come through as I light it
and toast the foot. The burn is uneven and the wrapper has apparently cracked at the
bottom. Pepper is the palate ever so lightly and its washed down by a clean tobacco taste.
Even though it started out uneven, the burn has quickly corrected itself. Flavors of leather
and cedar are very pronounced at this point. Pepper is on the back of my tongue as well.

2nd 3rd: The smoke is very creamy and clean. Cedar and toast are mixing well together. Im
pairing this with a lemongrass green tea. It's a great combo! The ash is very firm and the
tobacco is very clean. Cedar is very pronounced right now and spice is kicking in too! Not
too peppery, but very flavorful. The cigar is starting to canoe just a little at this point. The
body has grown from light to medium and the smoke is very creamy and smooth. The only
flavor I'm experiencing right now is clean tobacco. I'm about an hour into it so far. I didn't
notice it before, but there is a hairline tear on the back of the wrapper as well. Light cedar
and tobacco are in there. This cigar is still producing big clouds of smoke. The draw is just
a little resistant. This is a very smooth, rich and flavorful cigar. I'm about to go refresh my
cup of tea. I'm back and im now eating a plate of homemade hash, this cigar doesn't take
away from the flavor of my food at all. Definitely a great breakfast cigar!

Final 3rd: The tear in the wrapper as become more defined, but this stogie is still burning well.
Not wanting it to canoe too much, I burned the loose wrapper back down to the burn line.
I'm getting clean tobacco mixed in with cedar. Warm toast, and cedar is what I'm currently
taste. I burnt off a little bit of the loose wrapper and the burn line has virtually self corrected
itself again. Excellent construction with this one.

Because I initially thought that the water spots on this cigar was possibly mold, I took it out
of my homemade humibag I had it stored in! lol! The lack of humidity is most likely the
source of all these cracks. If and when I find some more of these, I believe that proper care
and storage will eliminate this problem. Clean tobacco flavor and toast come to mind as I
continue puffing on this stogie.

Right after that last ashtray shot the ash fell off. I notice a backwards shaped crack in the
wrapper. Flavors of warm toast and cedar are coming through. As this cigar approaches the
“nub state” I now taste nuts mixed in with the cedar that I've noticed throughout my early
afternoon smoke. The sun has come out and I can hear the melting snow pitter pattering
like a cool April shower as it runs down my gutters. It looks as though the remnants of
our February snow storm are about to disappear. Nuts, cedar and tobacco rings through.

I don't know what it is but I now taste a hint of orange peel, cedar, nuts, and a hint of cherry!
I went back inside to refresh my tea. I was going to stop smoking this one but i'm glad
I didn't because I would have missed all of this!. The cigar ended up going out on it's own
so I'm not going to relight it. What a great Sunday afternoon treat!

Approx Smoke Time: 2hrs

Old 02-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Joya De Nicarague Serie C Belicoso

Very nice review, thanks.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Great review!!!

aj

PS, there is a section for cigar reviews

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Old 02-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
ChicagoWhiteSox

Very nice review
Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
whodeeni

Talking Re: Joya De Nicarague Serie C Belicoso

Thanks Aj... I was looking for it but couldn't find it!

Mod's feel free to move this thread if you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
Great review!!!

aj

PS, there is a section for cigar reviews

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

Another nice review . I'll put this one on my endless "to try" list.

"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." ~Bill Withers
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd View Post
Another nice review . I'll put this one on my endless "to try" list.
You're probably going to have to look hard to find them. They were discontinued over two years ago and stocks dried up very quickly.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
SkinsFanLarry

Adam is right, near the end of 2008 they stopped distributing the Serie C in the U.S. and it is only distributed to the European Market.

I hate you E!

(only because you still had a Serie C my brother!)
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #9
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

Well done! I'm just south of you, in Macon...