Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
Legend

Default Sancho Panza LB natural and maduro

Gary gifted me a couple of what he called his day to day smokes. A natural and maduro by sancho panza that I call a LB (little bastards) they are 3.5 x 48ish box pressed. If anyone bows what they are supposed to be called go agesh and post it, but you'll see them and say." Hmmm. I'll try one of those little bastards." Or "hey those little bastards are pretty decent." Etc. So given what he called them(day to day), the fact I'd never heard of sancho panza, and the price he quoted (2 bucks) I was fully expecting yard gars. But these 2 little bastards are decent smokes. Both were very well made. Very nice draw. Incredibly firm ash(he he I said firm ash) seriously I tried a nub stand after the halfway point and though the base was not big enough to hold it trying it did not knock off the ash in fact it gelde for another 3/4 inch. Both burned slow and cool. The natural had a heavy ligureo bite that was spicy but not bitter was a med-full cigar which surprised me and this little bastard was a darn decent cigar. Legend rating 3.1 a decent step above yard gar. Pleasantly surprised by this unknown(to me at least) economy stick. The maduro had the same ligureo bite without the spice or I should say different spice. Smoother not that I'd call this a smooth smoke just smoother than the natural. It had a pleasant richness to it. Leathery and also med-full. Again this little bastard is a decent economy smoke. Definately not a yard gar based on construction alone. Legend rating 3.0 I will most likely pick up some more of these little bastards when I have more room in my humi and I actually know what to call them.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
robertw1249

Default Re: Sancho Panza LB natural and maduro

hi there legend the only one i can think of that is that small or close to it is the Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote (4.5" x 50)and the Sancho Panza Valiente (5.2" x 50) is the naturl i do like the naturl and the Sancho Panza Extra-Fuerte the Madrid (6.1" x 54) both are really good smoke i hope that helps you out and CI has them at a good price