Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default G. De Graaf costa rica robusto oscuro

G. de Graaf is an old Dutch brand and they have produced a Costa Rican longfiller for some time now. Recently the owners decided to change the blend and the wrapper. The wrapper is now Ecuadorian and comes in both natural and oscuro. I got a sampler with both cigars to try out and review. I smoked the oscuro this afternoon while watching soccer on TV.

The cigar looks pretty, a nice smooth wrapper, quite dark but no maduro. The full aroma reminds me of a stable and at the top of the cigar you can clearly see different kinds and colors of tobacco in the filler.

The first flavors are distinct leather with a nice pepper, but pretty soon these flavors fade away slowly. The cigar becomes a bit creamy but not creamy enough to deserve that label. Halfway there is a harsh sharp flavor for just one puff and then the light cream flavor comes back with now and then a hint of chocolate, but just as the cream, the chocolate flavor never really comes trough.

This cigar is not complex, there is not a lot of development in the flavors but then again, what I taste is not unpleasant.

The burn is fine, only at the end of the cigar I had some problem, the ash is uneven and the smoke is quite full and pretty white.

Would I buy this cigar again? Perhaps, it’s a nice cigar although there are better cigars in this price range.

Btw my team won the match with 6 to 1
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote