Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #6761
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Very nice work Keith.

Here is a recent addition

Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #6762
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

I hate you Shawn!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #6763
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
Very nice work Keith.

Here is a recent addition

Hush Puppy V2.0

Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 AM   #6764
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hush Puppy V2.0

pew pew pew
Old 08-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #6765
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #6766
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

Montecristo

This is fun in the house @ 40 yards with primer only loads.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #6767
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Question. I had a bunch of boxes of shotgun ammo in my basement that recently flooded. It was under water for a few hours. Still good?
Old 08-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #6768
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

No idea. All I know is I finally have time to pick up my SP-01 Phantom tomorrow!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:46 AM   #6769
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Shoot it and find out.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #6770
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Shoot it and find out.
Hahaha. That's what i was thinking. I"ll let it dry out for a while before attempting it.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #6771
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Question. I had a bunch of boxes of shotgun ammo in my basement that recently flooded. It was under water for a few hours. Still good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
No idea. All I know is I finally have time to pick up my SP-01 Phantom tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Shoot it and find out.
Quote:
Hahaha. That's what i was thinking. I"ll let it dry out for a while before attempting it.
I have a similar issue at my dad's house. I discovered a horde of 20 ga shells tucked away in a back closet. Some of the brass looks a bit tarnished/corroded. I have no idea how old the shells are and to be honest, I'm a bit leary of detonating one off that close to my face...
Old 08-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #6772
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
and to be honest, I'm a bit leary of detonating one off that close to my face...
Really, could only improve your looks…go for it!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #6773
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Really, could only improve your looks…go for it!
I'll bring 'em down to Orlando and you can demonstrate the proper procedure...
Old 08-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #6774
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

Montecristo

Quote:
I have a similar issue at my dad's house. I discovered a horde of 20 ga shells tucked away in a back closet. Some of the brass looks a bit tarnished/corroded. I have no idea how old the shells are and to be honest, I'm a bit leary of detonating one off that close to my face...
As long as you attemp to shot them from a functioning shot gun they aren't going to blow up in your face.

They will either not fire in which point the primers are wet or the primer will go 'bang' and will not detonate the powder because the powder is wet.

Most likely they will all go bang. If they are 'hit or miss' as far as firing I'd dump them all as you can't count on them goin bang.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #6775
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Thanks for the info Shawn. I got the same advice at lunch. Now to contact the local PD on how to dispose of properly.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #6776
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
As long as you attemp to shot them from a functioning shot gun they aren't going to blow up in your face.

They will either not fire in which point the primers are wet or the primer will go 'bang' and will not detonate the powder because the powder is wet.

Most likely they will all go bang. If they are 'hit or miss' as far as firing I'd dump them all as you can't count on them goin bang.
Quote:
Thanks for the info Shawn. I got the same advice at lunch. Now to contact the local PD on how to dispose of properly.
Or we could just stoke up a nice hot fire and... Nevermind

Old 08-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #6777
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Took the plunge, jumped on the "gotta get me the newest toy" bandwagon and bought a Glock model 42 in .380. (It looks like my Glock 20 and 21 got married and had a baby. )

Surprised by how accurate the little thing is at 10 yards or so. It definitely does benefit (in my hands anyhow) by adding the Pierce extended floor plate to the magazines.

The thing has been completely reliable even when firing it weak hand only, which is very important to me for a small handgun like this. It gets carried on the weak side as a back up, so I've got to know I can run it properly that way.

Rumors abound that Glock plans to upsize this concept just enough to bring out a 9mm version in the future, but I had a chance to get the G-42 at a real good price a couple weeks back and said the heck with the waiting and what-ifs.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #6778
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Took the plunge, jumped on the "gotta get me the newest toy" bandwagon and bought a Glock model 42 in .380. (It looks like my Glock 20 and 21 got married and had a baby. )

Surprised by how accurate the little thing is at 10 yards or so. It definitely does benefit (in my hands anyhow) by adding the Pierce extended floor plate to the magazines.

The thing has been completely reliable even when firing it weak hand only, which is very important to me for a small handgun like this. It gets carried on the weak side as a back up, so I've got to know I can run it properly that way.

Rumors abound that Glock plans to upsize this concept just enough to bring out a 9mm version in the future, but I had a chance to get the G-42 at a real good price a couple weeks back and said the heck with the waiting and what-ifs.
Sweet, looks like a cool little gun…congrats!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #6779
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Here is the latest pic of my Beretta ARX100. I have made a few additions.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #6780
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Hope this doesn't violate any rules if so please delete. Have a few extra AR parts if anyone is in need.
Brand new never used LBE AR15 complete bolt carrier group $155 shipped. Phosphated 8620 steel carrier assembly, Carpenter 158 Bolt, Heat treated and plated, Mil-Spec, Chrome lined carrier interior, Carrier Key chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 screws and staked.

Front and rear flip up iron sights for AR or any weapon with picatinny style rail. $45 takes both. Brand new never used. Attaches right to weaver rail. Easy to adjust and includes allen wrench.

Truglo Red/Green Dot 30mm Sight like new $40 shipped. Used it for maybe 30 rounds. Works perfect just needs a new battery, I accidentally left it on. Ended up getting an expensive EOTech. 5 MOA reticle, dual color reticle illumination, shock resistant to 1000 gram, waterproof, fog-proof, unlimited eye relief, wide field of view, adjustable rheostat for brightness control, multi coated lenses, special anti-reflective interior eliminates stray light from appearing inside the sight, integrated weaver style mounting system.
Closed Thread