Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #41
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's happening

ooohhh, database error in the forums link. Must still be putting the new paint on the ol' place.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #42
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
"Like the perfect cigar, the smoker’s lifestyle is a rich and well-blended mixture of the all the finest ingredients. At Puff Lifestyle, we discuss the finer things in life: the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars. Come, live the life of a true cigar connoisseur. Puff Lifestyle – the sky is the limit."

What the f**k...

I only plan on doing 2 things at a hotel: sleeping and humping. Luxury? Why.

5 star dining to me is a steak that I grill on my balcony and enjoy while watching The Simpsons.

BAH...I could go on and on but I won't. Why bother.

And I still maintain that Caputo should have done a little more research on the term "puff lifestyle"...the Brits here at CA know what I mean!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #43
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I was only on CS for a couple of months before the announcement. I still check in over there a time or two a day. That being said... I feel for all of my friends/brothers/sisters here who had much invested in CS. I truly appreciate what we have here, but I also know that there are many of you who just cannot stomach even a visit.

can tell you though... the look of the new site is not me at all.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #44
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I was only on CS for a couple of months before the announcement. I still check in over there a time or two a day. That being said... I feel for all of my friends/brothers/sisters here who had much invested in CS. I truly appreciate what we have here, but I also know that there are many of you who just cannot stomach even a visit.

I couldn't agree with you more Brent.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #45
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

i went through a "buy out" on another forum that I am an admin on (not a cigar site) and luckily the new owners left everything to the existing staff to run. Nothing has changed except for who owns the joint.

Sorry to see that some other "new" owners of a site couldn't use that philosophy
Old 01-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #46
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
100 days, almost. A pretty good run. A moment of silence, if you please.

It's been fun.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #47
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I couldn't agree with you more Brent.
That is twice in one day that Greg has agreed with me... I am getting a little freaked out!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #48
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
That is twice in one day that Greg has agreed with me... I am getting a little freaked out!!!
Kinda freaky huh? Since we will never agree on college football I guess it's nice that we can agree on other things.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #49
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Seems awfully cluttered on the front page. But it's new, so maybe it'll get cleaned up. Kinda leans to the Afficionado Lite direction doesn't it?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #50
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

There's like 13 ad's plus "content ads" on the homepage.

It's cigarlive renamed PUff with the CS post content to be rolled in.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #51
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

She's up and running here:

http://www.puff.com/

Forums are not running yet though.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #52
schnell987
Grateful to the 11

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
schnell987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Bottom line: CS was my first "cigar" home, and as such, I'll miss it, and am saddened by its demise. Like most here(all?!) I am very thankful that the team of 11 decided to keep the spirit of CS continuing here at CA. Thanks guys! The king is dead, long live the king!
I agree.

Our old neighborhood changed, but we we've been blessed with a new & better one, thanks to the team of 11. Thanks, guys!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #53
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
There's like 13 ad's plus "content ads" on the homepage.

It's cigarlive renamed PUff with the CS post content to be rolled in.

i was thinking the same thing. They seemed to kinda close from reading various posts here and there.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #54
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I pared this down to home in on the part I wanted to answer to. I don't think anyone is really looking forward to the demise. I feel that most of us are trying to put humor in something that is sad for most of us, or at least started out that way. Now we have CA thanks to the 11, and I agree with you that I love this place as well. It is much more homey to me than CS was, maybe that's because I was involved here from the get go. Not sure about everyone's feelings but that's my . And I don't think I have written it off just moved on.
Fair 'nuff.......

Old 01-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #55
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Don't think I' gonna be frequenting that spot anymore. Looks like a bunch of garbage to me. But I'll give it a fair shot.

Like many others have said, Thank you Team of 11!

Insert quote here.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #56
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
And I still maintain that Caputo should have done a little more research on the term "puff lifestyle"...the Brits here at CA know what I mean!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #57
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Well, tried out of curiosity.
Seems my old user name and password are not good anymore.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #58
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
nope, I think he hit the nail on the head
Old 01-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #59
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post

tried mine, but nothing happened. Maybe it's because of the CS side being down at the moment. While the main page seems a bit "commercial", I will be interested in seeing how the CS side looks when it comes back up.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #60
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post

Aren't we supposed to type in our username@clubstogie?

I tried that too, but it didn't work.

Insert quote here.
Closed Thread