Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #281
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
Stereotypes are fun.
As someone whos wife is teacher and hardcore mac user, who gave up her iphone, whos best friend and multiple other friends have iphones, who has multiple fellow officers who have iphones, who talks with an apple employee who works on the iphone 3 times a week at the local cigar shop. All I can say is LOL! Almost everyone of these people meet the "stereotypes." I have two mac laptops in my house a pro and a titanium book not to mention both my netbook and PC laptop run OSX86 10.5.6 as well as win7 and XP. I am very very familiar with both products.

As to Mac locking everything down on the iphone, thats not a stereotype its fact. Its a closed system. You have to jailbreak the Iphoneto put anything on the phone apple doesnt approve of. No other phone producer does this. What happens if your phone is jail broken and breaks and they find out? The Mac employee I know who is not a small fish even jokes about how much money apple makes off everything by controlling everything. "Its a money making juggernaut" was once said by him with a chuckle. Its works so well at making money that microsoft is going to release the same type of closed system phone OS now. Why? cause they see the potential for raping people also.

It could be that here in the bay area where Mac is located and a large number of mac users reside things are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Perspectives are amusing at times.
Can the same shoe be on the other foot relative to PC users? I could be wrong, but our perspective has been one of why we like our world better and not one of beating up on the other side for their view of their world. I don't need to sell anyone anything.

We have no reception problems. I pay $72 a month, with taxes and all.
Shortened your post a little as didnt want mine to long and I still failed.

Your argument to me is kind of like the recent Mac V PC commercials. Did PC start commercials? Nope. Windows floating along here comes Mac to poke at it to hype itself. Macs are great for somethings and blow for others.

I have never said to anyone winmo or any other OS was better the Iphone. I like the Iphone in some ways winmo 6.5 in others and the WebOS Palm Pre in others. I have had a lot of Iphone users I know tell me how great their phone was and how it rapes my winmo or palm pre though. These comments were unsolicitated and came out of left field. When ever I bring up features like wifi tether or flash or free apps they always say the same "blah blah whatever its not important. My phone is the best." I got the same response when I use my palm pre and multi tasking being unimportant till it was announced to a limited degree on the Iphone.

reception problems here in the bay area are very well documented in the media. As to your fees not sure I base my numbers off talking to all the Iphone users I know and they all say around 100 or a little more a month. I would list what I pay for 4 lines with Sprint but it wouldnt be fair as being a cop I have a healthy discount.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #282
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
Can't we all just agree that we have different opinions on this topic and realize that our experiences are entirely subjective?

Mac's Rock/PC's Rock/XXX rocks.....see.....easy
But where would all the trolls go? They would become homeless, wandering aimlessly from thread to thread, smoking discarded nubs and drinking bud, miller and coors light. Anarchy would result.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #283
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

***Update***

Looks like I should be able to have my iPhone repaired for around $65. There's a cell phone repair place down the street from my house and he specializes in iPhones. You should see all the disassembled iPhones in there.

He made fun of Apple's $199 "scam" as he fixes those phones all day long. He wasn't sure what was wrong with my phone at first and is going to take it apart for an estimate; if it can be fixed. Will drop it off tomorrow. The estimate is free. Interesting to see the insides of an iPhone.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #284
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

At the core of the problems are that Apple users are generally accustomed to turning a blind eye to the features their chosen product lacks, and just like rearranging someone's desk if they are OCD, the PC trolls then feel compelled to correct this clear mistake.

Easy solution:

Apple users: Stop claiming your system does even a fraction of what other options out there do, you only fuel the argument and ensure a ready supply of folks trying to correct the factual error. Be content to be happy with your device.

PC users: Stop bullying the apple kids, they're happy and don't want to know the truth, so let em be happy smoking the Gurkahs.

Smoke what you like and be happy.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #285
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I know that apple doesn't allow for all the features that a PC or BB would.... guess what, don't care.... In the most cases the pluses to using an iphone outway the negatives that don't even effect me.

as far as ahbroody's wife giving up the iphone for receptions problems, I don't blame her.... but I ask what the hell that has to do with apple, its ATT that sucks. Receptions problems go bye bye when iPhone goes to Verizon
Old 04-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #286
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

The Reverse Fanboy-ism in here is getting palpable.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #287
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
The Reverse Fanboy-ism in here is getting palpable.
not even reverse, PC faithful are always worse than apple users who are over the age of 17
Old 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #288
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
reception problems here in the bay area are very well documented in the media. As to your fees not sure I base my numbers off talking to all the Iphone users I know and they all say around 100 or a little more a month. I would list what I pay for 4 lines with Sprint but it wouldnt be fair as being a cop I have a healthy discount.
So do I have to have bad reception problems also?
I travel the whole country, weekly and have yet to experience a time my phone did not work well. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen to you. Just means it hasn't happened to me and because it did happen to you, that is the way it is for all.
I pay $69 per month plus taxes less my corporate discount that I get for any cell service. I think they give me around 10% off.
Comes out to $72 a month. Even with the 10% back on, it will never be $100 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
At the core of the problems are that Apple users are generally accustomed to turning a blind eye to the features their chosen product lacks, and just like rearranging someone's desk if they are OCD, the PC trolls then feel compelled to correct this clear mistake.

Easy solution:

Apple users: Stop claiming your system does even a fraction of what other options out there do, you only fuel the argument and ensure a ready supply of folks trying to correct the factual error. Be content to be happy with your device.

PC users: Stop bullying the apple kids, they're happy and don't want to know the truth, so let em be happy smoking the Gurkahs.

Smoke what you like and be happy.
You are not biased of course.
I couldn't give a rat's behind what anyone thinks of PC or MAC or iPhone or 1-800-USA-CELL for a free government paid cell phone for people getting welfare and living off my blood. In the end, it is what I like that matters to me and what you like that matters to you.
This your stuff is better than my stuff is childish nonsense more often seen in grade school.

As I remember it, the thread is about an iPhone that sucks. My opinion is that mine doesn't. Those I know with them love them. Never heard of anyone bad mouthing one other than Moses (clearly he has a reason to from his experience). How that translates to all the other crap on this thread is beyond me.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #289
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
So do I have to have bad reception problems also?
I travel the whole country, weekly and have yet to experience a time my phone did not work well. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen to you. Just means it hasn't happened to me and because it did happen to you, that is the way it is for all.
I pay $69 per month plus taxes less my corporate discount that I get for any cell service. I think they give me around 10% off.
Comes out to $72 a month. Even with the 10% back on, it will never be $100 for me.

You are not biased of course.
I couldn't give a rat's behind what anyone thinks of PC or MAC or iPhone or 1-800-USA-CELL for a free government paid cell phone for people getting welfare and living off my blood. In the end, it is what I like that matters to me and what you like that matters to you.
This your stuff is better than my stuff is childish nonsense more often seen in grade school.

As I remember it, the thread is about an iPhone that sucks. My opinion is that mine doesn't. Those I know with them love them. Never heard of anyone bad mouthing one other than Moses (clearly he has a reason to from his experience). How that translates to all the other crap on this thread is beyond me.
I like my iPhone, too, Carlos. So does Lisa.
Had I known it required me to love Apple and be a Mac user and be opinionated and all this other stuff, I probably wouldn't have gotten them. Too late now, I have a contract. Had I known AT&T doesn't work, I wouldn't have signed with them, either. Funny I hadn't noticed.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #290
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
But where would all the trolls go? They would become homeless, wandering aimlessly from thread to thread, smoking discarded nubs and drinking bud, miller and coors light. Anarchy would result.
And drive Fords.

Just kidding, all you F-250 drivers, don't get your bowels in an uproar.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #291
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough

The last page and a half makes me want to ask my question again....

If the moderators can ban political discussions, why can't they ban Mac vs. PC threads?

I don't really give a dam that there is a "billion" more applications written for PCs then there are for Macs. How many of the applications do the same thing as 10 or 15 others. I can safely say that I've been a Mac user since 1987 and while there have been all sorts of computer games written for the PC that Mac users can play, I don't care.

I run my own business. I do everything on the Mac. I have a Macbook Pro which I use for all of my book keeping. Guess what? I run the same version of Quickbooks Pro that my CPA uses. When it came time to do my taxes, I made a backup of my files, give it to her and she did my taxes. No Problem.

I run a spreadsheet program. I run a word processing program. I run all the professional software that I need to make money. I have a calendar, an email client, a language translator. Hell! I even play World of Warcraft on my Macs.

My point is that there is software out there for the Mac that allows me to do whatever I want to do.

As for Apple having such tight control on their products. SO FREAKING WHAT! That's probably why we have FEWER problems with viruses and worms than other personal computing systems.

I buy Apple products because I like them. That doesn't make me a lemming, an idiot, a fanboy or someone who buys Apple because it' the "in" thing to buy.

If you don't like Apple products THEN DON'T BUY THEM. If you don't use them THEN DON'T SIT THERE AND TALK ABOUT THEM BEING PIECES OF CRAP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW.

If you have used them and don't like them, then good. That's your choice. It's a free country. Buy what you like.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #292
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
If the moderators can ban political discussions, why can't they ban Mac vs. PC threads?
I thought the question was tongue-in-cheek.

Why not ban Cuban cigar Vs. non-Cuban cigar threads then?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #293
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I thought the question was tongue-in-cheek.

I think we should ban all threads that involve any possibility of opposing viewpoints
Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #294
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
are you saying this is a bad idea?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #295
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
are you saying this is a bad idea?
Are you saying it's not?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #296
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
I think we should ban all threads that involve any possibility of opposing viewpoints
Im cereal right.
Lets just ban everything, no debate, no discussion.

I am sure part of some recent erage was from my posts. Like I said I own and use both products. I use my titanium with Imovie for video family video stuff. I use my PCs for gaming and media center at the house because its better. However the Mac owns for video editing.

As to the no viruses and worms if memory servers its part the code used for the OS and part as pointed out earlier that the market share is so small hackers generally dont want to waste the effort on such a small user base.

I do find it funny a mac user is calling for content control as to whats posted as Apple is known for that.

Pink Unicorns rock per my 2 year old daughter.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #297
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
We'd have to change our name but pvff.com is already taken.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #298
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

Quote:
Im cereal right.

you don't seem much for debate/discussion, at least when it comes to this topic
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #299
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

like I said brother I own both and can gladly post a pic of my macs an pcs after work.
Both are good and both suck in some ways.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #300
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Both are good and both suck in some ways.
Just like wives!

Closed Thread