Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #81
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mets Banter 2015...

It is sad that the loyal devoted Met fans feel they need to address the hitting problems of their team, which the owner seems to ignore. It is sadder that they believe a "mere" $3 million will procure a batter of sufficient impact to significantly address this issue. It is saddest of all that, as of the last time I checked, the project has raised pledges of only 750 bucks.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #82
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Mets acquire 36 yr old 3B Juan Uribe and OF Kelly Johnson from the Braves. That sounds promising Stuff like that makes it hard to root for the Mets.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #83
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Mets acquire 36 yr old 3B Juan Uribe and OF Kelly Johnson from the Braves. That sounds promising Stuff like that makes it hard to root for the Mets.
Not a fan of this trade AT ALL!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #84
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
It is sad that the loyal devoted Met fans feel they need to address the hitting problems of their team, which the owner seems to ignore. It is sadder that they believe a "mere" $3 million will procure a batter of sufficient impact to significantly address this issue. It is saddest of all that, as of the last time I checked, the project has raised pledges of only 750 bucks.
Up to $1050 a few hours ago. With that kind of money, we should be able to sign a few Little Leaguers.

And agreed Thomas, what do they think $3 million is gonna buy????
Old 07-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #85
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Re the trade, I am always torn when it comes to swapping young arms for old bats. True, you might be selling the future away for the chance that the pieces you get today have enough gas left to get you over the hill. Yet though those 20+ pitchers, who may or may not develop into 20+ winners, could also throw their very last baseball with their very next pitch. Arms are fragile. Bats can be swung by old men with lame shanks.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:16 AM   #86
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Not a fan of this trade AT ALL!!!
While not a sexy trade, I think it's a good one.
Granted, while neither player is going to put the team on it's back and carry them into the playoffs, both players are true Major Leaguers, and are upgrades over what the Mets currently have.
Mets still need a bat, and if that bat winds up in the infield, their bench just got a whole lot deeper. Plus, the upgrade didn't cost you anything talent wise.
A good day for the Mets, IMO.......Well, except for the 7-2 loss last night.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #87
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Familia blew a masterful start by deGrom, but Uribe wins it in the 10th with a walk off.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #88
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

So far Uribe and Johnson have paid off for their new team.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #89
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
So far Uribe and Johnson have paid off for their new team.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #90
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

So there really is crying in baseball? http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/wil...s-trade-rumor/

Poor Wilmer!
Old 07-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #91
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

The media needs to leave Wilmer alone. He's been with the organization since he was 16. I'll bet he hasn't really seen his biological family much since then and considers the Mets is family. I was almost in tears myself when all of this was going on during the game.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #92
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I'm taking full credit for bringing Cespedes to the Mets. He wanted to join me in Queens for the rest of the season.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:10 PM   #93
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Or maybe he just wanted off a sinking ship.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #94
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Or maybe he just wanted off a sinking ship.....
To climb aboard another Tom?
Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #95
Dave128
Sexy Dave

I'm pretty pleased at how well the Mets are doing after the All Star break....so far.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #96
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I'm pretty pleased at how well the Mets are doing after the All Star break....so far.
Likewise Dave.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #97
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Let's go Mets!...playing some inspired baseball
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #98
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Agreed, Keith.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #99
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Let's go Mets!...playing some inspired baseball
Hoping we can keep it going.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #100
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Congrats to my fellow NY Mets fans.