Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Daddy needs some help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I thought you said big guys????
I wondered when and who would be the first with that

But hey, I figure little hands, big gun!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I wondered when and who would be the first with that

But hey, I figure little hands, big gun!
A Walter PPK would look big in his hands!!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 09-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
A Walter PPK would look big in his hands!!!!!

I have a .22 walther he can borrow
Old 09-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
Aporschaguy
Two sheets to the wind!

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Aporschaguy is on a distinguished road

Wow... Have a drink and relax. That's what I'll do when my little girl grows up. She's only 6 but growing sooooo fast.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #26
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Just sarcasm....

I said this in another thread awhile back, but my daughters will have GPS traceability on their phones. I will have tabs on where they are at all times. I will find out who they will be with and where they are going. Any deviation and this kid is in for a rude awakening.
tech is great but parents in the 50s didnt have that stuff and my parents and grandparents turned out fine. Unless something happens, i have no plans to put gps tracking on kids and cameras threw then house. Ill just be smarter then them, cuz i already did it all.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #27
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

I just taught my daughter that Mom is smarter than she is, and she cant lie to me. I also turned on the GPS on her phone. Only had to use it once. The best thing I did was set the ground rule That I will always tell her what I think of her latest boyfriend. It worked, she is now 22 and dating a guy that both her dad and I think is OK. She is also a great kid with great direction in her life. (keeping fingers crossed)

Shot gun is a good thing to have on hand for the teenage years though.
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #28
Resipsa

Quote:
Just sarcasm....

I said this in another thread awhile back, but my daughters will have GPS traceability on their phones. I will have tabs on where they are at all times. I will find out who they will be with and where they are going. Any deviation and this kid is in for a rude awakening.

Met a woman who told me the story about her daughter coming home late from a date and smelling like marijuana. Hubby/dad was afraid to do anything. She drives over to boyfriend's house (at his parents) and knocks on the door at like 2am. Boy comes down and she tells him that if she ever was involved with anything like that with him again, his body would be resting at the bottom of the local reservoir. He knew she meant it and never had another problem. My only difference will be such a discussion will take place before it ever happens a first time.
I wish I could have had you as my dad...
Old 09-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
I wish I could have had you as my dad...
You wouldn't have become a damned lawyer, that's for gosh-danged sure!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #30
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

I told my wife that the boy that picks up my daughters will have to come in, sit down, and clean the blood off of my shotgun. I will then explain that said blood is the last boy my daughter dated.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #31
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Ahh I hear ya on that. Reminds me of the scene in Bad Boys II when Smith peeks out at Reggie.
I love that scene. Im going to reenact that scene when my 2yo daughter is that age.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #32
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Just like they say... with a boy you only have one dick to worry about, with a girl you have to worry about all the dicks!?! I have a 3 year old girl with another baby on the way which will probably be a girl knowing my luck. So I feel your pain...
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #33
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice

Quote:
Get a shirt made that reads "No man is good enough for my daughter", be cleaning a shotgun when he arrives and tell him you are not afraid to go back to prison for your little girl!!!! Figured that should work!!!

Told my oldest's first boy friend something similar...
I got a shovel and a backyard to bury evidence....
Old 09-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #34
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
...but my daughters will have GPS traceability on their phones. I will have tabs on where they are at all times. I will find out who they will be with and where they are going. Any deviation and this kid is in for a rude awakening...
It seems to me that if you rely only on this kind of behavior -- always looking over their shoulder, making them fear you, etc. that you are missing the whole other side of the equation. Letting them grow up in a nurturing loving environment, learning from their mistakes. I understand wanting to protect your kids, but if the environment is too restrictive then they just learn to hide from you rather than trust you and learn from you.

It's a balance and your kids get the wrong message if you simply keep track of their every move and pry into their every relationship. Everyone needs a little privacy...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #35
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
It seems to me that if you rely only on this kind of behavior -- always looking over their shoulder, making them fear you, etc. that you are missing the whole other side of the equation. Letting them grow up in a nurturing loving environment, learning from their mistakes. I understand wanting to protect your kids, but if the environment is too restrictive then they just learn to hide from you rather than trust you and learn from you.

It's a balance and your kids get the wrong message if you simply keep track of their every move and pry into their every relationship. Everyone needs a little privacy...
being slightly, so very slightly older, and having some experience on the people in the transfer dorm here in college. I get to see first hand people(kids). who have been protected until now, Doing the CC thing and living at home, But now that mommy isnt here. They just do stupid stuff on a daily basis and will likely get extremely bad grades while making other poor decisions. Its easy to see who has been protected/sheltered.

Last edited by Devanmc; 09-25-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Devanmc is offline   Reply With Quote