Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #81
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tatuaje -The Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaJ View Post
Have to account for whatever your state taxes as well
Yup, 8.85% which came out to an additional 17.26 for the box. Not happy over that!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #82
bigdix
Cigarmurai

First Name: Dan
Trading: (1)
Trinidad AirForce (Active)
bigdix will become famous soon enough

Well, I finally got on the list! They better not suck!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #83
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
Usually, the stores at were select will get a larger than normal number of boxes. For the Face (and others in the monster line), it should be around 50 or so (666 /13= 51.23 boxes) of the Face boxes each. I would guess they would get between 30 and 50 each. They will also have a number of 10 count boxes of the Face to sell to the public. Other retailers will recent a number of the 10 counts, and maybe a few of the limited 666 boxes. According to the website, this will go towards the other 130 retailers. This is based on my observations over this line in the last two years. There is still a chance you local B&M will get a few, however the unlucky 13 will get them first.
I know that Jose is getting more then 50 boxes, just don't know how many more...

Another Store I buy from just told me they are getting two dress boxes in, and they are not on the list (and asked if I wanted one)...I think Pete has said that he is going to try to send one or two dress boxes to more stores, so they can have something to show off while trying to sell the 10 count boxes...

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #84
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazzil View Post
I am tired of the hype, and I am tired of shops using their status as a member of the "thirteen" to either mark up the cigars MASSIVELY or make other chickensh-t rules about how people have to "buy another box" of tatajuae to be able to buy a box of face. This is blanket highway robbery. I came REALLY close to boycotting all Tat products (even though I am a HUGE tat whore) the last time this stuff came up. This might be the "face" that broke the camels back this time around.
I agree with you very much right there and I think most of us actually agree. I had a conversation with my buddy today (one of the 13 shops) and he thought the same. It's not Tatuaje that comes up with these rules.

On another topic, as far as pricing goes, msrp should be around $13 a stick. Looking forward to smoking em.
Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #85
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMPS View Post
Capitalism, yo! This is considered by many to be a good thing
haha
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #86
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (31)
RyJ
Drazzil will become famous soon enough

Anthony's cigar emporium still has the face in stock. This is one of the places that requires you to buy ANY box of tatajuae but they are selling the face dress boxes at MSRP.

I called down there and (I think) I talked to the owner. He called me back from his cell number and I was *EXTREMELY* happy about the numbers that I was quoted, after some mild haggling.

If you guys want a box of face, PM me for his personal cell phone number and tell him David from Cigar Asylum sent you and he will set you up. I already softened him up for you guys.

As of 3:09 PST he still has dress boxes of face in stock. He does not know how much longer he will have em in so call me if you folks dont mind buying another box of tat.
Drazzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #87
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Thanks for giving the info to people who want the collectors box of the Face. If anyone was looking for another box of Tats anyway, this is a good deal.

However, this guy is not doing you or anyone else a favor. I have his cell number from last year when he was pulling this same crap. I texted him as soon as the list came out and he is saying the same thing to everyone even though I've bought from him before. He will gladly give out his cell to anyone that has a dollar. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he's only looking out for the mighty dollar. If you want to spend it, by all means...
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #88
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I thought the shops wouldn't have product until the 13th?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #89
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I thought the shops wouldn't have product until the 13th?
You are correct. He just means that the shop has not accounted for all of their boxes coming in...
Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #90
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

RyJ

Quote:
Thanks for giving the info to people who want the collectors box of the Face. If anyone was looking for another box of Tats anyway, this is a good deal.

However, this guy is not doing you or anyone else a favor. I have his cell number from last year when he was pulling this same crap. I texted him as soon as the list came out and he is saying the same thing to everyone even though I've bought from him before. He will gladly give out his cell to anyone that has a dollar. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he's only looking out for the mighty dollar. If you want to spend it, by all means...

I was able to get a box of face MSRP, and a box of tainos for an extremely good price. Whether this guy is doing anyone a disservice for asking that people purchase a box along with the box of face, I dunno. I can say that I was DEAD SET against purchasing a box besides the box I wanted, and I walked away happy that I personally was getting a good deal.

Is the guy a mercenary? Yes. Undoubtedly so for bundling boxes, but guess what? Five of the thirteen places on that list are doing the same thing. Another place wants you to buy THREE BOXES just to be able to qualify for the priveledge of buying a box of face.

And as far as mercenaries go, this one is one worth IMHO dealing with.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #91
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

No worries brother and nothing against you. I was genuine when I said thanks for sharing it for everyone that would want the info. For me personally, I won't do business with stipulations like that anymore. I bought from him last year because I REALLY wanted a box of Dracs and I didn't mind buying another box of Tats. This year is different for various reasons...

Since last year, did I go back to that guy when I wanted to make more purchases? No. Why? Because he was doing some shady business in my opinion and my business went to a few B&M's who were owned by honorable people that give good service at reasonable prices.

This is all just my opinion. I don't hold anything against anyone buying from them...
Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #92
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

RyJ

Understood brother. Nothing against anyone who doesen't want to deal with the man. I have the same morals as you do. I hate that kind of sh-t myself. I was dead set against buying another box to get a box.

That being said, the deal I got was so good that I dont feel that jipped at all. This is all I will say about this particular subject.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #93
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Purchased two tickets to the event at the Chattanooga Store myself and dpoe will be attending pm me if anybody else will be there we'll meet up!

Last edited by McSmokey; 10-06-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling
McSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #94
Tatuaje

After reading this whole thread and seeing everyones concerns, I might be tempted to sell only 666 boxes next year all directly from my Saints & Sinners club website....It will piss off a lot of retailers but at least I can keep the retail price at the suggested one. Of course anyone in California would have to pay OTP and local tax.....

First come first serve limit one per logged in customer......

I'm getting tired of being blamed for prices above suggested retail......
Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #95
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
After reading this whole thread and seeing everyones concerns, I might be tempted to sell only 666 boxes next year all directly from my Saints & Sinners club website....It will piss off a lot of retailers but at least I can keep the retail price at the suggested one. Of course anyone in California would have to pay OTP and local tax.....

First come first serve limit one per logged in customer......

I'm getting tired of being blamed for prices above suggested retail......
Its not your fault, and if people are pissed about it then they don't have to go after any... no matter what marketing technique you use, somebody is gonna be critical of it.

I see how you'd wanna sell them only from your site, but I bet a ton of people would sign up JUST for that release and there would have to be some sort of lottery or something which, again, would create problems.

Honestly, I think the hunt for the Halloween releases is a big part of why it is so exciting. If they were available easily there probably wouldn't be as much excitement surrounding them.

I say keep it the way it is and let the haters hate. Most cigar enthusiasts love your products- you've obviously done something right. BUT, I would send a coffin or two to me for inspection of quality control...

aj
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #96
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Pete, you shouldn't have to take the blame for the price on the sticks. We can't really control the taxes and what owners want for the markup. Personally, I haven't had too much of a problem getting what I want from the B&Ms I deal with. If I get some, then I am ahead of the curve. If not, then I will just wait and see where else I can grab one.

It is interesting to see the feeding frenzy, both online and at the stores. It reminds me a lot of the little kid in "A Christmas Story" when he opened all of the gifts, regardless of who they were addressed to. Online here, it is also the same frenzy that most of us inmates exhibit whenever the Opus and Sharks or any other limited released sticks are found in the wild. I am looking forward to the release of the Face.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #97
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
Honestly, I think the hunt for the Halloween releases is a big part of why it is so exciting. If they were available easily there probably wouldn't be as much excitement surrounding them.

I say keep it the way it is and let the haters hate. Most cigar enthusiasts love your products- you've obviously done something right.
Bingo.... Well said AJ....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #98
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

Hey brotha Pete,

You have been pretty quiet at "the other place", but so are we about the Face so we don't cause the drama like last year! LOL

But I think you are doing a great job with the Face this year and if a customer doesn't realize how much you care or the lengths you go to try and make it fair, screw'em. You know I'm a huge Tat fan and I know I will get some of the cigars eventually so that's why I'm not going crazy trying to get a collectible box, I mainly want the cigars.

I personally think you keep everything as is but if you are concerned about retailers jacking the prices so much, maybe draft a letter to them stating you are taking extra precautions and are watching prices closely and make some recommendations. If the B&M's take it upon themselves to jack people around, that's on them, not you.

Peace brother and I'm looking forward to trying the Cojonu with Mexican wrapper!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #99
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Pete, it's great seeing you chime in and voicing your concerns. Sadly, its what some retailers do with the harder to find sticks. I have seen Anejos go for $35 a pop and Padron 45th go for $40. As long as people are buying them at the price the retailer has no reason to bring their pricing back down to where it should be. I honestly wish manufacturers like you would hold some of these retailers accountable and cut them off and hurt them in their pockets. I know that would also hurt the manufacturer which is why I am sure most will turn a blind eye. When it comes to this people find it easier to blame the manufacturer rather than the retailer. Thanks again for chiming in and it's nice to see that it pisses you off just as much as it does some of us the consumers.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #100
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

I love the thrill of the hunt! I think going to a website and clicking "add to cart or buy it now" would suck. I know I'm not the only one who looks forward to this time of the year. If my opinion counted, I'd say keep it as is Pete.

Chris.....