Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Katmancross

Default MOB Sinn Series 6 x 60

Name:  MOB UNLIT.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  MOB ASH 1.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  104.3 KB

Name:  mob ash 2.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  mob ash 4.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  mob nub 1.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  95.0 KB

Uncle Sam would have approved of the Mob Sinn Series 6 x 60 cigar. Uncle Sam was part of the Jewish Mafia back in the 1950's and 1960's in Southern California. My whole family was connected, My mother's maiden name was Siegel. Yes, that Siegel.

I was oblivious to all of this growing up. But I remember being confused about their lifestyle during the holidays when the whole family came over.... the strange way they dressed.
My dad was sales manager for a big structural steel fabricator in Long Beach. And we lived the middle pretty nicely.

But the relatives were rich and I always got the impression they didn't approve of the way we lived....the women, that is. The men could care less as long as we were happy. My dad was given the opportunity to “join up” back in Cleveland, when I was a toddler. But he wanted nothing to do with it...so we moved out West to avoid the pressure.

And then the Family followed. Lots of money to be made in L.A.
The men either wore snazzy suits or the most expensive sports wear. I always noticed that the men with suits, wore black socks that you could see through! Wow. What the hell?

And the women wore every piece of jewelry they owned. And the hairdos! Right out of the Peg Bundy book of style.
I remember Sam's wife, telling me at dinner once, that I should close the adjacent bathroom door. It was unappealing to eat have a bathroom in her line of sight. I looked at my father and he just nodded so I got up and closed the door.

It wasn't until my late teens that Aunt Rhoda told me the truth. She was the wild child of the family...running with mob guys, hanging at the Copacabana in L.A. She was the cool aunt.

I asked her about the family because I noticed that less and less of them seemed to be showing up for the holidays.
She told me everything. Oy!
In the blink of an eye, it all made sense. The men headed off to prison and left the women broke. No retirement plan for the Family.

After dinner, the men always broke out cigars while the women went into the kitchen to prepare dessert and clean up.
I sat and was enthralled with their stories about the “buis-i-ness.” But they spoke in code. So I really didn't know what they were talking about. They always laughed a lot.

That's where my love of cigars came from. My dad smoked cheap cigars. Dutch Masters. But the men would always bring him Cubans and other fine sticks. When I got older, they let me imbibe.

The Mob Sinn Series by Adam Federspill is an excellent cigar. I'm smoking the 6 x 60. A mammoth cigar.
The filler is Dominican and Brazilian. The binder is Dominican. And the wrapper is a Brazilian Arapiraca.

The prelight aroma is a light cocoa with a heavier cocoa at the foot.
Upon lighting up, it's a wood and leather profile...and immediately becomes medium bodied and flavored.

The construction is pretty good but there are a few soft spots. And there are a few veins, but not much. The wrapper is the color of milk chocolate.
It has an easy draw. But it began to burn unevenly. I gave it some time and by the second third it had corrected itself perfectly.

Into the second third, I got some sweet wood and cocoa layered underneath that. The cigar becomes stronger in strength. I get a tinge of anise and then the cream shows its head. By the halfway mark, it is all butter and cream. The other flavors fall back and let this cappuccino take over. It gets sweeter and creamier as the cigar progresses. I'm on board for this.

Now this cigar has almost no aging in my humidor....one week. So I'm guessing the flavor profile will be more pronounced with the proper time resting in my humidor.

As it approaches the nub stage, it becomes full bodied. The creaminess mellows and sweet tobacco dominates.
It never gets harsh or bitter so I'm able to smoke it until it's a tattoo on my thumb.

Overall, I'd say this stick is worthy of a purchase. I don't know the pricing. Adam doesn't sell the cigars from his web site, just through retailers. He has a list of those B & M's that sell his product.

Thanks to Adam Federspell for the samples. http://www.themobinc.com/index.htm
Old 02-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Katmancross

Default Re: MOB Sinn Series 6 x 60

Adam Federspill,

Please forgive me for spelling your name incorrectly.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

Nice review Phil. Great backround story on the "Family".
Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote