Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default Jameson Declaration - Screaming Eagle (4x44)

Jameson Declaration
Size: 4x44, Screaming Eagle
Bundle of 20, $89

This is a very fine looking cigar - the beautiful Declaration band covers a large portion of the chocolate dark wrapper, which is in excellent condition and has a slightly rustic and leathery appearance. The construction on the Screaming Eagle proves to be solid throughout the smoke, as the ash holds on tight, the burn is even and slow, the draw is spot on, and the ash is a beautify, tight sheet of white. The aroma that fills the garage is a very pleasant dark cherry, while the flavor carries notes of cedar, mild chocolate, and cherry. The flavors really meld well and create a delicate balance that is very smooth. The final half of the tiny smoke had a very mild, but sweet spice that lingered in the back of the throat.

Overall, this is a winner in my opinion - the finish is nice and thick and lingers for a while. The construction is excellent and I was very happy with the flavor profile for such a small cigar. The only negative thing I have to say about this cigar is the price - though $4.50 is reasonable, I can get some of my favorite Robustos for the same price. But, then again, sometimes I don't want a Robusto!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
ajacobs

Default Re: Jameson Declaration - Screaming Eagle (4x44)

Thanks for the review. I am always looking for new cigars to add to my dog walking rotation.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
thecatch83

Screaming Eagle is also an extremely expensive and delicious Cabernet from Napa that retails for thousands of dollars.....nice review!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
gravelman

Nice review Matt, I will have to have to try these
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
Thanks for the review. I am always looking for new cigars to add to my dog walking rotation.
I think it fits that bill pretty nicely - doesn't require re-lights, flavor punch, medium strength. Took 20-30 mins.