Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
badbriar

Default In support of COPs

We all see the media storm from the recent fatalities involving police officers and suspects, casting doubt on the ethics and honesty of the officers involved. This seriously pisses me off. I find it interesting that that same media offers little coverage in instances where officers are injured or worse in the line of duty. Now we have the Million Mom March. It seems that police in this country are once again being vilified. Here is an idea... How about if all police and law enforcement personnel in the U.S. walk off the job for an entire week and see how things fair. No issues with police brutality will occur during that week for sure. Maybe then, some measure of respect will return. I am deeply disturbed that police and emergency responders are held in such high esteem following crises such as 911, but that same support quickly disappears. I am not a COP, but have friends who are and support them unconditionally. My