Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 07-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Bruno

So there were many mix reviews for this movie so I decided to watch this movie for myself last night. Within 10 minutes of the movie, there were at least 2 couples that walked out. I thought the movie had some very funny moments and other times I thought, wow this is unreal!

Don't take your kids to see this movie! If you liked Borat you will like this movie. Oh and make sure you have a high tolerance for penis and ass! Lol
Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bruno

Ha. Thanks for the Review Huy!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

A friend of mine saw it over the weekend and hated it...He said it wasn't worth the $10.50 at all. He was disappointed because he loved the shows.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I spent 5 bucks for a "pre-viewed" Borat DVD, and consider it was only about $4.75 wasted. Funny? Not much. Useful coaster? Yeah, if you plug up the hole with duct-tape.

Hell, with so many classic comic movies out there, going back to Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd, why waste time with this crap? And exactly who thinks this stuff is really funny? These guys - and I could name two dozen without even breaking a sweat - would have to go to nightschool to make it to sophomoric.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know that this movie can be as good/funny as Borat. He is basically doing the same thing over again.. That said I'm still going to see it. Probably during matinee for 5 bucks tho
Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

If you compare Bruno to Borat and Ali G, Bruno really has no story to it. I only paid $5 to get in since im a film society member and I honestly think I would have been more entertained just handing that $5 bill to a homeless person.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
90slow50

I am a HUGE fan of Cohen's work. I loved Borat, Bruno, and Ali G when it was on HBO, so needless to say I was excited about this movie.

This was the worst movie I have EVER seen. Don't waste your money, heck I wouldn't even wait until rental. I would see it when it comes on HBO, Max, Showtime, etc. I was truly disappointed.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Had a few funny moments, but was nowhere near as good as Borat. And had lotsa unfunny raunch! Looks like Cohen might need to watch his back- Hamas might issue a fatwa against him.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Had a few funny moments, but was nowhere near as good as Borat. And had lotsa unfunny raunch!
I agree.

I was not impressed.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Hamas might issue a fatwa against him.
Its ok all he would need to defeat them is some pita bread
Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #11
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

I watched a bit of the Borat movie a few weeks ago on tv. For the life of me I cannot figure out where there was any comedy in the 30 mon or so I saw. Quite honestly had he pulled some of the **** I saw on me out in the street, I'd of been arrested and he would have needed the ER.

Just the ads for the Bruno movie are lame and disgusting enough to convince me I'd rather burn a nice $10 stick with a friend than see that crap. On the other hand, just my .02 and YMMV.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #12
Inexxccess

Is it true that he tried to lap dance Ron Paul?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #13
90slow50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexxccess View Post
Is it true that he tried to lap dance Ron Paul?
More like sexually seduce him.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

This movie is f*@king crap. Total waste of money, there was one part that made me chuckle and the rest was just garbage. It's the worst movie i've gone out to see since "The Thirteenth Child" and that's saying a lot lol.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

His earliest work as Ali G was great and he has slowly been going downhill.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 AM   #16
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I agree.

I was not impressed.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #17
postjack

Its funny how this movie is creating such dissenting opinions, especially among Cohen's fans. I have friends who adored Borat but think Bruno was terrible.

Personally I just loved it.