Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
dannyboy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (31)
Trinidad
dannyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Tatuaje Tainos

This is a beautiful cigar. It is 7.625x49. I had one of these about a year ago and was sorely dissapointed (wrapper had busted in transit and the thing was plugged). The one I had last night was what cigars are all about.

It started out with a bit of that classic Pepin spice up front, but not overwhelming as some of his other blends are. This spice lasted about .5" or so, and then mellowed out into incredibly rich flavors. I am not so good at naming flavors, I just know that this had a depth of flavor that is rarely found in NCs. Not a lot of flavor changes through the smoke, but the flavor that was there was spot on and delicious.

Tons of smoke off of every pull and the burn was razor sharp, with only one correction needed about 2/3 of the way through. It did go out once, but that was my fault.

This was a full bodied and full flavored cigar. I definitely felt the nic buzz when I stood up from this one.

This is a great cigar. I had been a bit disappointed in some of the Tats I had tried up until now. I now see what all the fuss is about.

I give it a 9/10
dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tatuaje Tainos

I picked up two of those last weekend, along with some other Tats, at Tampa Humidor. I put them away and cannot wait to pull one out in six months of so. They really are awesome looking.
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Old 10-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Nice review!
elderboy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Tw3nty

nice review, and a great stick.