Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default 2008 illusione 68

Decided tonight would be a good night to smoke something a little older and write about it, so when I saw this guy I jumped at it. This illusione 68 is from 2008, back when I used to smoke these by the box. This is not one I've aged myself, I received it from an overly generous RevSmoke in a MAW a few months back. The weather was nice on the balcony so I put on some music, poured a ginger beer and bourbon (the cheap stuff) and clipped the cap

The prelight draw was spicy, stronger than I was suspecting but I'm not too surprised.
The first draw continues to show the strong flavor, not overwhelming but I need to be careful on the retrohale, only slightly less strong than I remember them being fresh. The smoke is very thick, and the draw is perfect.

Moving into the second third, the spice is still there but it's getting more earthy. Easier on the exhale, but still on the med-full line. Very enjoyable, it's different than the type of stuff I usually smoke and a nice change of pace.

Towards the end and still a similar profile, still on the heavy side of medium but I'm really liking it. These small ones were always on the one dimensional side, but I'm fine with that.

Overall about 1 hour smoke time, but I'm always slow when it comes to that. I had to touch it up a few times, but nothing that effected the experience. If I had more I'd be happy to smoke them, but alas this is my only one. Glad it was good

Thanks Todd!
Old 08-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2008 illusione 68

Great cigars!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Good looking little guy too

Old 08-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Great review, Ben. Illusione makes some of my favorite NC smokes.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote