Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #101
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bundles, Seconds and Over-Runs

I always keep 2-3 bundles of Rosa Cuba. My picks are the Governors & Herencia. I always get them from JR Cigars you can get both bundles rught now for $34.90 for both. Put them in the humi for some age & they do get better with time. At $0.80 & $0.95 each, you cant beat that...
Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #102
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

I don't smoke real expensive cigars, the taste is the comfort thing for me. My high ends are Oliva V's and Masterblends. I love bundle/less expensive smokes that taste great such as Perdomo2 Mistakes in maduro, these are the original Perdomo2 at a lower price than I can buy the new Perdomo2 which I also love. Another great bundle smoke is the El Cobre, strong with a distinct yet classic Oliva flavor and the smell will keep people from bothering you. I have also found Omar Ortez Originals at Cigar Place in 20 cigar bundles. As far as seconds, love the Rocky Vintage 1992's when I can find them and any of the Rocky unlabeled seconds from Cigars International, all 4 varities are quite good. The Famous Nic 3000's are also worth keeping in stock.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #103
alfredo_buscatti
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
alfredo_buscatti is on a distinguished road

I've smoked three value cigars. In descending order, Mayorga Maduro Torpedo, Nica Libre and Flor de Oliva. I've smoked three or four boxes of the Mayorga. I love them! To me they compete quite well with more expensive Nicaraguan cigars. @ ~$60.00 for a box of 20, compare to $150.00 to $200.00/box.
alfredo_buscatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #104
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I dug this thread up from the cellar, and thought it was very interesting, well worth reading for those who have to buy their cigars on a budget. However, some of the cigars no longer seem to be available (Taboo Value Blend & LHO's from Holt's, for example). I have 2 questions:

1) Can you recommend a nice bundle/second/overrun medium bodied cigar with a Connecticut wrapper for me? My wife enjoys an occasional cigar and this would work for her.

2) Are there other worthy bundles/seconds/overrun cigars that have come out since 2009 when this thread began? Any new surpises that you've discovered?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #105
Robulous78

OHHHH DUDE... someone needs to get you on some Ligero laced 2nd's from CI pronto...

they are basically cain 2nds... the h is the habano, D- Daytona, M- Maduro, F- F... etc.

check em out Ligero Laced 2nds

Bundles of 15, reasonably priced, perfect yard gars all the way...
Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #106
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
1) Can you recommend a nice bundle/second/overrun medium bodied cigar with a Connecticut wrapper for me? My wife enjoys an occasional cigar and this would work for her.
I haven't had one in about 5 years, but if I remember right the Flor De Oliva Gold was a decent stick. I prefer their maduros.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #107
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
OHHHH DUDE... someone needs to get you on some Ligero laced 2nd's from CI pronto...

they are basically cain 2nds... the h is the habano, D- Daytona, M- Maduro, F- F... etc.

check em out Ligero Laced 2nds

Bundles of 15, reasonably priced, perfect yard gars all the way...
Great point! I really need to save my pennies and buy multiple bundles of these. I got the chance to smoke the Liga F lancero, and the Cain F lancero side by side, one after another, and they were pretty dang close to identical.

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #108
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

AJ Fernandez Overruns at CI. The coronas are $2 a stick.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #109
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

These wont fit the Connecticut wrapper criteria but they are a great low cost alternative to the Alec Bradley tempus. This AB second actually rated higher than the firsts a coupld of years ago.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/alec+bra...ars/item+29561
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #110
ntempleton
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
ntempleton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
However, some of the cigars no longer seem to be available (Taboo Value Blend & LHO's from Holt's, for example). I have 2 questions:
Good bundles seem to be getting harder to find. I've been trolling the devil site far to much lately trying to satisfy my value cigar ich, with little success.
ntempleton is offline   Reply With Quote