Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #181
Reaver2145

Default Re: CC's or NC's?

Im smoking a cuban cohiba lancero i got one my last trip to london and you know what its plugged its **** nothing more nothing less im going to stub it out under my shoe and light up a opus X i got at foxs in saint James street the same place i got this lancero and you know what im going to enjoy it more than this.

Both are good smokes cuban and non-cuban if you only smoke one kind youre a fool if you think you will find a cuban taste in a non-cuban youre a bigger fool they are two different things but both are good at some point.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #182
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2145 View Post
Both are good smokes cuban and non-cuban if you only smoke one kind youre a fool if you think you will find a cuban taste in a non-cuban youre a bigger fool they are two different things but both are good at some point.
I agree, "fool" may be an extreme word though as many (myself included, although I am learning) may just be inexperienced in the world of CCs. If you smoke strong NCs all the time and an occasional CC, you will not taste the subtle nuances of that CC as you are used to such dominating obvious flavors found in NCs.

I smoked NCs everyday, and loved them. I smoked an occasional CC to try it out, and I could never understand the following CC had. I did a personal experiment (Advised by a friend) and quit smoking all NCs for a month while I indulged in tons of CCs and man I am in love now.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #183
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
I fail to see how shipping to paying customers makes them shady. All the online shops I'm aware off fully comply with the export laws of theiShady just means under the table, below board, illegalr respective countries. These aren't American companies and therefore they are not bound by, or required to follow, American laws. They are just shipping a product that a customer has requested and paid for. If that customer happens to be an American then the legality, or lack thereof, of the transaction is on the customer side and therefore the responsibility of the customer not the vendor.
Shady simply means under the table, below board. You don't have to sell drugs on a street corner to be shady. You don't have to be dishonest either. In my opinion shipping product to a place where it is illegal is taking part in a shady deal, especially if it requires "discreet" shipping. To get Cubans in the US you have to show a certain degree of shadiness and disregard the law, so does whoever ships them to you. Hell that might be half the fun.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #184
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #185
Reaver2145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I agree, "fool" may be an extreme word though as many (myself included, although I am learning) may just be inexperienced in the world of CCs. If you smoke strong NCs all the time and an occasional CC, you will not taste the subtle nuances of that CC as you are used to such dominating obvious flavors found in NCs.

I smoked NCs everyday, and loved them. I smoked an occasional CC to try it out, and I could never understand the following CC had. I did a personal experiment (Advised by a friend) and quit smoking all NCs for a month while I indulged in tons of CCs and man I am in love now.
May be fool is a bit extream but ill stand by it.

CCs take time to get used to this i agree with but dose it make them better than NCs that are good right off the bat IMHO HELL NO
Old 04-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #186
PuffPuffGive1
I'm the one who knocks!

First Name: Alan
Trading: (5)
PuffPuffGive1 is on a distinguished road

Do you guys think CCs will lose some of it's 'mysticism' if the embargo were to ever be lifted? But my opinion in regards to this whole matter is that I only smoke particular brands of NC's while me personally haven't had a CC I didn't like.
PuffPuffGive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #187
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

I've always heard shady used as a synonym for disingenious, similar to dodgy in British English- in regards to a dealer/source it would mean they were liable to lie, cheat or doublecross you in a deal. A shady dealer is one who might just as soon rob you at gunpoint than give you the stuff, or try to pass off something cut down with oregano or baby powder, or in the case of cigars, a glass-top box of cohibos. Now that's shady. Since it's a term that originated in a context where flouting the law is an accepted part of the game, simply doing something illegal doesn't make you shady- it's breaking the compact of trust with the customer that does. So in that sense, none of my sources are in the least bit shady.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #188
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffPuffGive1 View Post
Do you guys think CCs will lose some of it's 'mysticism' if the embargo were to ever be lifted? But my opinion in regards to this whole matter is that I only smoke particular brands of NC's while me personally haven't had a CC I didn't like.
Of course. They will also go way up in price and have a temporary dip in quality as production is ramped up beyond capacity, so all of the noobs will be severely disappointed and think it was always a bunch of hype.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #189
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #190
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffPuffGive1 View Post
Good thing I smoke them for the flavor and not the mysticism.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #191
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
Shady simply means under the table, below board. You don't have to sell drugs on a street corner to be shady. You don't have to be dishonest either. In my opinion shipping product to a place where it is illegal is taking part in a shady deal, especially if it requires "discreet" shipping. To get Cubans in the US you have to show a certain degree of shadiness and disregard the law, so does whoever ships them to you. Hell that might be half the fun.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the rest of the world doesn't give a rats ass about your little embargo and vendors outside the US are neither required to obey nor enforce US laws. It's simply impossible to disregard a law that doesn't exist. If you're not breaking any laws then you're not being "shady"... you're serving your customers, and that's just called doing business.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #192
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the rest of the world doesn't give a rats ass about your little embargo and vendors outside the US are neither required to obey nor enforce US laws. It's simply impossible to disregard a law that doesn't exist. If you're not breaking any laws then you're not being "shady"... you're serving your customers, and that's just called doing business.
No need to get so worked up... If you think it isn't shady in any way to ship a product to a place where it is illegal, then I respect your opinion. I don't understand it, but I respect it.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #193
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

NC's for me. Just for background info I have smoked several CC ranging in different maracas and most have left me underwhelmed. But, one PSD4 (the 3rd one I smoked) was the best damn cigar I have ever had, the thing was an experience and I went into it pessimistic only to be blown away. Then I bought a whole mess of CC's which I have been smoking this week and they are up there with my NC's but still not what I like. For me when I smoke a cigar and really pay attention to it I can find plenty of flavors. But that PSD4 was different, I was watching the Cards and just picked it on a whim thinking I would S can it and grab a NC. It's just not worth the time, $, and I run a risk with possibly drawing attention to my job. But man, if they all could be like that one CC I would be a CC man.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #194
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
No need to get so worked up... If you think it isn't shady in any way to ship a product to a place where it is illegal, then I respect your opinion. I don't understand it, but I respect it.
I'm not worked up, I just don't get the mentality that labels a business as "shady" for following all applicable laws. If you feel bound to follow the laws of your country that great but doesn't mean that citizens or businesses belongin to other nationalies should feel the same compunction to uphold your law for you. That's just stupid.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #195
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieBklyn View Post
CC's or NC's?
Yes.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #196
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy View Post
Yes.
Good call.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #197
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Both for me
big pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #198
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy View Post
Yes.
Dang, I had to read every post in this thread before someone came up with my answer!

More like:

Sure! Watcha got?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #199
BMack
Dreaming of Bolivars

First Name: Brian
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
BMack is on a distinguished road

Don't buy Cuban cigars, don't smoke tobacco, don't speed, don't download music from the internet, don't have sex before marriage, cool whatever floats your boat...your stance on any of these issues doesn't affect my life.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #200
levrac68
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Todd
Trading: (0)
levrac68 is on a distinguished road

Some of the Best and Worst Cigars I've smoked were Cubans. Same goes for the NCs... I think the NCs have come a long way in recent years quality and taste wise, whereas the Cubans really haven't made much strides. Don't get caught up in the mystique of the origin or the brand. Trying all different kinds till you find what floats your boat is what makes the whole experience as great as it is...

Enjoy
TF
levrac68 is offline   Reply With Quote