Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Cigars to help the hungry

OK, I like to go window shopping over lunch break, filling up a "cart" at some cigar vendor, but without logging in so that when I "quit", my cart would empty and I'd be good.

Well, today I went over to Atlantic because I had been sent an email which stated that this year's Caldwell Lost & Found had been released.

Normally I would have simply ignored a post about Caldwell as a couple months ago, they were someone new on the scene with some great names and a price point to keep me away from trying them. BUT now, thanks to some scoundrel on this board, seeing this advert., I had to go check it out.

I clicked on this release, "No Free Lunch" and read the description.

Well, I was not going to buy any cigars because I... well... I just wasn't.

Anyway, I ended up ordering a package of the short coronas just because of the 2nd paragraph by Robert Caldwell below. I hope I wasn't duped.

But, as I am ever hoping that God breaks in and softens people's hearts, I thought this is cool! They guys in the Asylum might like to read this and may also get in on helping out.

Caldwell Lost & Found Cigars by Robert Caldwell
Before Lost & Found was known as Lost & Found. At the time it was known as Impromptu. The idea behind the project—a collaboration between Tony Bellatto, Robert Caldwell and Jaclyn Sears—remains the same. Caldwell finds cigars that have been sitting around factories for one reason or another and brings them to the states, Sears designs new artwork for the releases and Bellatto handles the distribution and heads the project. These aged & forgotten cigars come from some of the very best cigar factories in Central and South America in small batches, sometimes as few as 100 boxes or bundles.

What Robert Caldwell Had To Say About This Release:
“We had our first major release slated for this summer, but then Covid-19 came,” explains Robert Caldwell. “We saw on the news lines at food banks and soup kitchens not receiving enough funding or donations, and families waiting in lines for hours, only to get to the front and have no food available. We decided to move up our schedule and created this line with urgency in mind. Every penny made on the sale of these cigars provides food for someone who cannot provide it for themselves right now.”

Short Corona (4 x 42)
Year of Production: 2016

Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Indonesia
Fillers: Dominican
10-count bundle
Old 05-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Cigars to help the hungry

That is really cool that they are doing that, thanks for the heads up Todd!
Looks like they also have that blend in toro & robusto formats, here is the link to the Toro in case anyone is interested:

https://atlanticcigar.com/caldwell-l...nch-toro-6x50/

In addition, for any of those who like to be charitable whilst also enjoying fine cigars, Southern Draw also has a similar line where proceeds go to charity. They have them in Connecticut, Habano and Maduro wrappers, I'm pretty sure they can be found at various retailers but here is the Atlantic link:

https://atlanticcigar.com/southern-draw-300-hands/

I haven't tried any from the line yet, but I've read a lot of great reviews about them and I've enjoyed everything else I've smoke from Southern Draw to date, so I'll be checking them out in the future as well. Here is a short explanation of their charity...

"This project has more meaning than most cigars that are introduced in todays market. “300 Hands” has to do with the approximate number of steps to produce a cigar, but most importantly the people it takes to produce the cigar. “We want to share this story with the masses and have priced this cigar line in an unbeatable range of $5.99 – $6.49 while expanding our charitable giving strategy to Nicaragua,” said Sharon Holt, co-founder of Southern Draw Cigars. She added that the company will distribute 25 percent of its profits to those Nicaraguans that offered their honest stories and identified specific needs in and around their own communities"
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cigars to help the hungry

Wow, I’m impressed!!! Thanks you two for pointing this out. I rarely get beyond the description of the cigar hah.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #4
Snook
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Leo
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
Snook is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigars to help the hungry

Gotta love when cigar companies do things like this. I'll be checking those out. thanks
Snook is offline   Reply With Quote