Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #1501
Lonely Raven

Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
FWIW, at the Drew Estates factory, there are three storage areas for completed cigars, one for all ACID products, one for all coffee based infusions, and finally, one for non-infused cigars. Each of the storage areas has sealed walls and independant ventelation so that no mingling of the aromas occurs.

Just something to think about before you mix loose Java and ACIDs in the same humidor/tupperware.
The Javas have a strong scent, I would absolutely keep them on their own, or at least divided and in their cellophane.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #1502
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

I'll share this experience. My wife smoked infused stuff for a while and had her own tupperware for them. As soon as you took the lid off the room would fill with fruity smells. If the scent could fill the room just by taking the lid off I have to imagine it would impart quite a bit of flavor on non-infused cigars sitting in an enclosed space together for long periods of time. Best not to chance it, especially with tupperware being as cheap as it is.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #1503
never_enough
Never Satisfied

First Name: Robert
HUpmann
never_enough will become famous soon enoughnever_enough will become famous soon enough

I am reading through this whole thread (on page 40 right now) and am enjoying all the info.

Quick question...Why are people down on infused cigars? I have yet to try one, but will soon. Just seems like they have a bad stigma sometimes.

Sorry if this was asked in the 36 pages I have yet to read!
never_enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #1504
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_enough View Post
I am reading through this whole thread (on page 40 right now) and am enjoying all the info.

Quick question...Why are people down on infused cigars? I have yet to try one, but will soon. Just seems like they have a bad stigma sometimes.

Sorry if this was asked in the 36 pages I have yet to read!
What from I've seen the construction on the Java's is VERY suspect. I've seen some VERY underfilled Java's. Boxes of them too, like 4-5 boxes with each stick being so spongy you could pinch the stick between your fingers and they would touch without damaging the wrapper.

Acids smell like a perfume shop. You need a separate humidor for them.

Many people have had some VERY nasty Acids. Mac and the Kuba Kuba Maduro come to mind. You know it's gotta be bad when Mac puts down a Maduro.

But try them if you like, to each his own. Smoke what you like.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #1505
never_enough
Never Satisfied

HUpmann
never_enough will become famous soon enoughnever_enough will become famous soon enough

I actually wanted to buy a Java to try and found the same problem with the box they had.

And I plan on trying everything that I can. Its like when I started exploring different beers. I would have missed out on some ones I really liked if I would have listened to others saying to stay away.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #1506
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
I actually wanted to buy a Java to try and found the same problem with the box they had.

And I plan on trying everything that I can. Its like when I started exploring different beers. I would have missed out on some ones I really liked if I would have listened to others saying to stay away.
Well you certainly make a point there. I remember hearing some off putting things about certain beers. "This one tastes like a warhead, really sour" and you know what it did, sour as hell but worth trying once. I wouldn't buy it again though Someone told me Arrogant Bastard was impossible to finish, thankfully I was an Arrogant Bastard and finished it with ease. They were so confident they didn't even charge me for my first bomber

Cigars, eh somehow very quickly I found out what I like. So I stick with that now.

But yeah the Java's are so underfilled it's not even funny. I would just do the best you can to research the infused cigars, many people claim there are a few very good ones. Just gotta look them up.

I'd smoke them at a B&M though, don't want to have to buy multiple humidors and humidifiers for cigars you might not even like.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #1507
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
What from I've seen the construction on the Java's is VERY suspect. I've seen some VERY underfilled Java's. Boxes of them too, like 4-5 boxes with each stick being so spongy you could pinch the stick between your fingers and they would touch without damaging the wrapper.

Acids smell like a perfume shop. You need a separate humidor for them.

Many people have had some VERY nasty Acids. Mac and the Kuba Kuba Maduro come to mind. You know it's gotta be bad when Mac puts down a Maduro.

But try them if you like, to each his own. Smoke what you like.

Bill the Tabak Especial line from DE are well constructed and the cigars I first smoked. They are coffee infused and quite good.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #1508
never_enough
Never Satisfied

HUpmann

I love drinking some arrogant bastard every now and then. Free beer? Now THAT is awesome.

My plan for the infused ones will be to just pick up a couple at a time from a store around here. Just moved 1000 miles from home so I need to find some good places first.

Everything else I am just going to buy samplers so I can try a wide range of cigars faster. No boxes for me yet.

Also, what is the more preferred lighter? single or multi flame?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #1509
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Like cigars and beers, it's a personal preference. I much prefer a single flame myself.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #1510
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Whatever works best for you. Some prefer matches, some soft flames, some single flame torches, some multi-flames. In the big picture, it doesn't matter much. Find what you like and run with it.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #1511
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Whatever works best for you. Some prefer matches, some soft flames, some single flame torches, some multi-flames. In the big picture, it doesn't matter much. Find what you like and run with it.
Sounds mysteriously like "personal preference", Adam.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #1512
never_enough
Never Satisfied

HUpmann

Thanks for the answers. I'm sure I will have many more questions.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #1513
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Unhappy Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Sounds mysteriously like "personal preference", Adam.
You cut me Tom. You cut me deep.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #1514
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0aYrwCFb3A

Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #1515
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
thanks to you i cannot stop listening this song over and over again...

>>i raise u with this<<
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #1516
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:

I would recommend the DE Opulence 3, it has amazing construction, burn and smoke output. I must admit the smell it puts out is captivating. While I don't smoke infused anymore, I don't mind if somebody else is smoking an O3 while I am nearbye. It is the only infused cigar I would consider smoking again. I would give pretty much any other one away to a non-smoker or female.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #1517
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I would recommend the DE Opulence 3, it has amazing construction, burn and smoke output. I must admit the smell it puts out is captivating. While I don't smoke infused anymore, I don't mind if somebody else is smoking an O3 while I am nearbye. It is the only infused cigar I would consider smoking again. I would give pretty much any other one away to a non-smoker or female.
never had one but i want to try one one of these days if i see one in a B&M
Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #1518
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-dr-Ao5Gmo
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #1519
never_enough
Never Satisfied

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Sounds great. I was just reading a review that said similar things. I will add it to my list for when I go to the store this week.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #1520
manny

The above just about hits it on the head, however, with smoking a cigar or whatever, the length of the finish usually refers to how long the aftertaste of the tobacco and other nuances remain with you, after the smoke has ended. An example would be that, after smoking a mild cigar, such as a Gispert, the after taste may remain with you for 15, 30, maybe even 45 minutes, however, after smoking a truly full bodied cigar, such as an Opus-X, the after taste may actually be with you for several hours, and in some cases even longer![/QUOTE

After every smoke. I usually have an after taste that last for hours. Is it me or the cigar. I don't think all the cigars Ihave smoked are full bodied.