Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default The Macallan Manor Tour

At a herf last weekend Doug (Colimo) tipped me off about this event happening in Denver last night and tonight, I couldn't get in with his group tonight but Sarah and I got in last night (completely free just need to RSVP online), and it was a really good time. This was part of a 9 city tour put on by Macallan, an "interactive experience" surrounding scotch and their brand.

Without going into too much detail and ruining any surprises, you have a guide take you through four different rooms, each with one or more Macallan's to taste and pair with some sort of food component. The rooms are set up to emulate different parts of the process of making and drinking their scotch. It was really well put on, we had a blast and got to try some stuff that I would never pay for myself. Sarah even found one that she really liked, and she has always been strictly a no whiskey drinker (not cheap but not the most expensive from the evening)

The tour is already halfway over, but if you live near any of the stops coming up and like scotch or whiskey in general I highly recommend. Thanks for the tip Doug!

Chicago

October 17, October 18

International Museum of Surgical Science

Washington, D.C.

October 23, October 24

Arts Club of Washington

Atlanta

October 30, October 31

Callanwolde Fine Arts Center

Los Angeles

November 6, November 8

Greystone Mansion

Old 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Macallan Manor Tour

glad to hear you went and enjoyed, Ben....can't wait to go tonight....you have wetted my appetitie....

only thing better would be a cigar lounge to pair with the Whisky
Old 10-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
physiognomy
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
ERdM
physiognomy will become famous soon enough

Fancy! I really enjoyed the last Macalllan event I went to, but it confirmed I have pedestrian tastes (which I’m more than ok with). Sounds like they have changed up the format. Enjoy tonight, Doug!
physiognomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
sepp
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Glenn
Trading: (0)
sepp is on a distinguished road

The old format was fetting a bit stale. Sounds like they have found a way to spice up the event again. Glad you enjoyed.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

had a great time last night...interesting format...got to taste some great whiskys....loved that lounge at the end....good drinks, food and music..